Windows 10: Laptop in sleep mode and after manually off and on again windows update started and half of...

Discus and support Laptop in sleep mode and after manually off and on again windows update started and half of... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can not believe that you set windows update to initiate this behaviour and that update works that way or is there any other explanation for this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tomislav Buckal, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Laptop in sleep mode and after manually off and on again windows update started and half of...

I can not believe that you set windows update to initiate this behaviour and that update works that way or is there any other explanation for this behaviour?!.

:)

Tomislav Buckal, Mar 20, 2019

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 20, 2019
  3. Installed 1511 update on Dell XPS 12 laptop and now sleep mode fails

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for responding.

As you are still facing issues with waking up the laptop from sleep mode, try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to contact your device manufacturer's website, find the latest display drivers for your device and try to download them.

Boot the computer in Safe mode, uninstall the existing drivers and manually try to install the downloaded drivers.

Step 1: Boot the computer in Safe mode

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2: Uninstall and update the display driver

Steps to uninstall the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter
      and click on Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 3: Refer to the below article by
    Andre Da Costa to manually install the latest display drivers:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Follow the below steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run
      command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Laptop in sleep mode and after manually off and on again windows update started and half of...

Windows 7 sleep mode shutsdown

Just a quick update: Windows no longer reverts back to the BIOS after sleep mode. I used CCleaner to fix the registry and that did the trick

GoFigureItOut, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Laptop in sleep mode and after manually off and on again windows update started and half of...

1. Laptop in sleep mode and after manually off and on again windows update started and half of... - Similar Threads - Laptop sleep mode

2. Manually putting laptop to sleep and

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manually putting laptop to sleep and: Can someone please tell me what I did? I was fooling around, trying to have the laptop awake out of sleep and have the same landscape picture be there each time. I wasn't successful with that but also now, when I put the laptop to sleep from the Start button, it goes to sleep...
  3. Manually putting laptop to sleep and

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manually putting laptop to sleep and: Can someone please tell me what I did? I was fooling around, trying to have the laptop awake out of sleep and have the same landscape picture be there each time. I wasn't successful with that but also now, when I put the laptop to sleep from the Start button, it goes to sleep...
  4. Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode: Hello,My Laptop is not starting after putting it on Sleep Mode. I have to shut it down with the power key and then start it again.This is not possible every time to shut down and start, so please help.Laptop is Windows 10.Thanks...
  5. Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode: Hello,My Laptop is not starting after putting it on Sleep Mode. I have to shut it down with the power key and then start it again.This is not possible every time to shut down and start, so please help.Laptop is Windows 10.Thanks...
  6. Laptop Not Starting from Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My laptop was starting sleep mode, the wifi of the network will be turned off.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop was starting sleep mode, the wifi of the network will be turned off.: I want the laptop was starting sleep mode, the wifi on the network doesn't turn off keeps working. I went to try a search and use a lot of solutions, but these solutions can't solve the problem. Does anyone people have a solution? Thank you....
  8. sleep mode after update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sleep mode after update: I am really sick and tired of windows. Every time there is an update, the sleep mode of my computer stops working and I have to spend countless hours trying to figure out how to fix it. And every time, it seems to be more and more complicated. In all honesty, I think that...
  9. Windows doesnt start after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows doesnt start after sleep mode: Hello, I recently had an update from windows that took some time to install on windows 10. Once the update finished, it seemed to have trouble starting up from the begining as well as from sleep mode. the computer turns on but the display doesn't come up. I have to hard...
  10. Laptop frozen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop frozen after sleep mode: Acer predator running on Windows 10 , my doesn't wake up after it went it to sleep mode and it be come frozen after that ,any ideas guys ? Plz help thx a lot 46697