Windows 10: Laptop in sleep mode, is opening apps and playing sound

Discus and support Laptop in sleep mode, is opening apps and playing sound in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I put my laptop in sleep mode, and have the mute button on, it is waking itself up, and opening apps, and turning the sound back on. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by kp1424, Nov 11, 2019.

1. kp1424 Win User

Laptop in sleep mode, is opening apps and playing sound

When I put my laptop in sleep mode, and have the mute button on, it is waking itself up, and opening apps, and turning the sound back on.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

:)

kp1424, Nov 11, 2019

2. Laptop goes to sleep when the LID is closed while playing the game.

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in your laptop regarding the sleep mode while playing game. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Have you connected the external monitor to the Laptop?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you facing this issue specifically when playing the specific Game?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent updates installed?
    This issue might have caused due to the power settings for the closing of LID is set to sleep mode.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the Control Panel.
    • Select Power options by searching in search box.
    • Right side select Change Plan setting next to the power plans.
    • Select the Change advanced Power plan settings.
    • Under the list select and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Select Turn off the display under the drop down of setting.
    • Click Apply. Ok.
    • Close the LID and Check if the issue resolves.
    Please post to us with the results to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Internal Microphone in Laptop and Sleep mode issues after windows 10

Hi Sharmarke,

Welcome to the Microsoft community.

You could face this issue when the Microphone is not getting detected by the Operating System. Please follow the steps given below and check if it helps you.

Method 1: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled and is set as default.

Step 1:

Even though you have enabled the Microphone, I suggest you to set as default in the computer. Follow these steps to check this:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for Sound, video and game controller drivers
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver mentioned there and select
      Uninstall.
    • Follow the onscreen steps.
    Step 2:
    Adjust the input level if you have difficulty recording. Click Properties, and then click on Levels.

Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the driver from manufacturer's website.

Updating drivers always do not work, let us try to uninstall and reinstall the driver. You can follow the steps given below to uninstall the Sound, video and game controller driver.

Step 1: Follow the step given below to uninstall the
    Sound, video and game controller drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for Sound, video and game controller drivers
      and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver mentioned there and select
      Uninstall.
    • Follow the onscreen steps.
    Step 2: Reinstall the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

You can also refer to the steps given in the link given below. Please select the correct model number.

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Try the additional steps given in the link below. The step are almost same for Windows 10 Technical Preview.

Resolving microphone problems (Windows 8)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03421813

If the issue persists, I suggest you to use the sound recorder and check if you are able to record the sound.

• In the Windows Start screen, type “sound recorder”, then select Sound Recorder from the search results.
    • Try recording your voice through your microphone, then play it back. To do so, simply tap or click Start Recording, speak to the microphone, and then save the file so you can play the recording.
    This will helps us to find out if the issue is with any online messenger like Skype or Windows

Issue 2: This could be an issue with the corrupt power plan settings. This issue might also occur due to outdated display driver or some other devices are responsible to keep it
    awake.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided by Pinaki Mohanty replied on October 29, 2013.

Windows 8.1 - upgrade from Windows 8 - Sleep mode does no longer work

Let us know the status of the issue. We will help you further.

Arul_D, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Laptop in sleep mode, is opening apps and playing sound

open the desktop from sleep mode

Hi Abhishek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How are trying to start the computer from the sleep mode?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to shut down or restart the machine?
    • What happens when you try to come out of Sleep mode?
    I would suggest you to force shutdown the computer and start the computer and check what happens.

If you are able to login to normal mode then follow the below steps to restore the power setting/plan to default.

• Press Windows + X keys, and select the option
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power Options icon.
    • Click on Change plan settings.
    • Select the option “Restore default settings for this plan”.
    Please post us back with more information and if the issues resolves to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Laptop in sleep mode, is opening apps and playing sound

1. Laptop in sleep mode, is opening apps and playing sound - Similar Threads - Laptop sleep mode

2. laptop not opening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop not opening from sleep mode: I put my laptop on sleep mode, and for some reason, it won't open back up again from sleep mode. I need to turn it off and turn it back on again. How to fix this?...
  3. laptop not opening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not opening from sleep mode: I put my laptop on sleep mode, and for some reason, it won't open back up again from sleep mode. I need to turn it off and turn it back on again. How to fix this?...
  4. laptop not opening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop won't open from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop won't open from sleep mode: Hello, I have this issue, when my I put my laptop on sleep mode, it won't open again after pressing anything. I need to turn it off manually using the power button and turn it back on. I know it is not supposed to be this way. How to fix this?...
  6. Laptop won't open from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop won't open from sleep mode: Hello, I have this issue, when my I put my laptop on sleep mode, it won't open again after pressing anything. I need to turn it off manually using the power button and turn it back on. I know it is not supposed to be this way. How to fix this?...
  7. Laptop won't open from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Bluetooth Headphones Enter Sleep Mode When No Sound Is Playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphones Enter Sleep Mode When No Sound Is Playing: My problem is as simple as the title. By default, Windows 10 puts bluetooth devices into sleep mode after some period of inactivity. This is unacceptable for my current use case, as I need my current Bluetooth headphones to be both wireless and active at all times while in...
  9. No Sound After Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No Sound After Sleep Mode: Hello I have an Acer Nitro 5 laptop that I'd had since December 2019. I am running Win10, Version 1909 OS build 18363.815. Whenever this laptop is wakened from sleep mode, sound no longer plays from the speakers or from headphones. If I go into sound settings, under where...
  10. Laptop randomly plays sound while shut and in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop randomly plays sound while shut and in sleep mode: This has been bugging me for a while. Sometimes my Toshiba portege laptop just plays sound while it's shut and in sleep mode. It's like the laptop starts up and logs on while in sleep mode, even my Bluetooth headset connected to the pc although it was supposed to be in sleep...