Windows 10: Laptop inbuilt Keyboard stops working after Re-start and sometimes typing happens on its own

Discus and support Laptop inbuilt Keyboard stops working after Re-start and sometimes typing happens on its own in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After restart, the keyboard stops working, must shut down to get in working again, also the system starts typing on its own "------------", only stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RajdeepDas06, Aug 20, 2021.

1. Laptop inbuilt Keyboard stops working after Re-start and sometimes typing happens on its own

After restart, the keyboard stops working, must shut down to get in working again, also the system starts typing on its own "------------", only stops when I press a key e.g., SpacebarIs this after the latest update?

:)

RajdeepDas06, Aug 20, 2021

2. Keyboard stops working, then beeping starts

With Win 10, sometimes when I'm typing an email reply with Live Mail the keyboard stops working and I hear a beeping sound. I can get it to stop by going to WordPad and type a few letters, then the beeping stops and I can go back to Live Mail and finish typing my email reply. Other times the keyboard loses 3 or 4 strokes and sometimes I hear 1 beep when that happens.

I've only had this happen in Live Mail, although I really don't type that much in other programs. I had this same problem with Win 7, upgraded to Win 10 and still have it. Any ideas on what is happening here?

GerryPeters, Aug 20, 2021
  3. Ticked Win User
    laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Aug 20, 2021
  4. Laptop inbuilt Keyboard stops working after Re-start and sometimes typing happens on its own

Keyboard randomly stops working after sometime

Hi,

The keyboard is working in BIOS mode however in the Windows mode it stops, this could be happening because the System files of the OS maybe corrupt. Run a SFC scan and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X
    • Choose "Command prompt (Admin)"
    • Type " sfc /scannow"
    • Press Enter.

Let us know if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Aug 20, 2021
Thema:

Laptop inbuilt Keyboard stops working after Re-start and sometimes typing happens on its own

1. Laptop inbuilt Keyboard stops working after Re-start and sometimes typing happens on its own - Similar Threads - Laptop inbuilt Keyboard

2. My keyboard sometime starts typing keys on its own. How do i get back my keyboard...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard sometime starts typing keys on its own. How do i get back my keyboard...: My laptop keyboard troubleshooter is missing. I went to settings, then troubleshoot, then other troubleshoot but to my surprise it's missing. My keyboard sometime starts typing keys on its own. How do i get back my keyboard troubleshoot option on my windows 11?...
  3. My keyboard sometime starts typing keys on its own. How do i get back my keyboard...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard sometime starts typing keys on its own. How do i get back my keyboard...: My laptop keyboard troubleshooter is missing. I went to settings, then troubleshoot, then other troubleshoot but to my surprise it's missing. My keyboard sometime starts typing keys on its own. How do i get back my keyboard troubleshoot option on my windows 11?...
  4. Keyboard typing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard typing on its own: Hi everyone. My keyboard is typing on its own. Scanned my device with antivirus but my device is safe and has no threats. Please help me, Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/3ced0857-894a-4e2a-b4de-d35a35e0d36d
  5. Keyboard typing on its own

Keyboard typing on its own: Hi everyone. My keyboard is typing on its own. Scanned my device with antivirus but my device is safe and has no threats. Please help me, Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/3ced0857-894a-4e2a-b4de-d35a35e0d36d
  6. Keyboard typing on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard typing on its own: My laptop keyboard is typing * on its own. Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-typing-on-its-own/0d082fc5-9252-49e2-8b62-192404cf0098
  7. Laptop Inbuilt Camera Software Stopped working after Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop Inbuilt Camera Software Stopped working after Update: Dear Team, After a recent update for Windows, the laptop inbuilt camera has stopped working, have tried to update driver's and firmaware, Bios & chipset drivers for the machine but nothing helped. As it has happened after a Windows Update, kindly provide a patch or...
  8. Keyboard keeps automatically typing on its own

Keyboard keeps automatically typing on its own: One buttonsemicolon of my laptop keyboard keep automatically typing on its own.But it isn't working generally.When i want to use my keyboard, it often keeps automatically typing on its own only semicolon button. Like-...
  9. keyboard typing "*" on its own repeatedly

keyboard typing "*" on its own repeatedly: My keyboard starts typing "*" on its own repeatedly until you press any key. Initially it was only in excel and word but now it is happening everywhere you can type, including search boxes...
  10. Keyboard typing on its own even when not plugged in

Keyboard typing on its own even when not plugged in: My keyboard has been automatically typing "b" nonstop unless I were to power down and reboot the machine, but it would still continue to repeat the behavior after a few minutes. Unplugging the keyboard and using a different USB doesn't help, or even leaving it unplugged. The...