Windows 10: Laptop internal and external mic not working

Discus and support Laptop internal and external mic not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an asus K501LX and the microphone is not working. I tried using problem solving from the sound settings and it is not giving me any options. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hundi425, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Laptop internal and external mic not working

I have an asus K501LX and the microphone is not working. I tried using problem solving from the sound settings and it is not giving me any options. So i tried to plug in a USB microphone from sennheiser and the mic is still not working. I thought it had something to do with the sound driver so i deleted the driver and installed it again from the ASUS site. I still have the same problems however.

problem: internal mic and usb mic not working

tried: windows sound setting problem solving, Reinstalling sound driver

Am I missing any steps to try. Any help would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/Hundi425
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hundi425, Sep 5, 2020
  2. reble Win User

A problem with the internal mic

This is on a Gateway laptop model NV570P-18U, OS Win 10 Pro 64 bit. The Gateway has 1 audio jack for the mic and audio out. I have the audio adapter to have 2 jacks, in and out. I am trying to feed the audio out of my short wave receiver into the mic input on the laptop to decode digital ham radio transmissions. But the laptop is only hearing the internal mic. If I connect an external mic to the jack, the external mic works and the internal mic turns off. But I don't know why the internal mic won't turn off when the S/W receiver is plugged in. Is there a software switch available to manually turn off the internal mic?

reble, Sep 5, 2020
  3. headset and/or internal mic not working

I can't get my headset to work in windows 7. the mic is acknowledged but doesn't work. I have uninstalled the audio drivers - rebooted and had them reinstall - both with the headset and mic plugged in and unplugged. The internal mic is not showing. So
    I have neither the internal mic nor the external mic to work with.

DanTonning, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Laptop internal and external mic not working

Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app]

Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app], Please help. URGENTTTTTTTT

Pulkit_Agrawal, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Laptop internal and external mic not working

1. Laptop internal and external mic not working - Similar Threads - Laptop internal external

2. Internal external Mic on my Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal external Mic on my Laptop: I have a headset I use for my PS4 that I want to use for my laptop. My problem comes from the fact that my laptop microphone is the only input device and I would rather it be the mic. What can I do? Can I install another driver to recognize mics jacked in? Am I stuck with...
  3. Internal mic not working anymore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal mic not working anymore: Hi, my laptop has an inbuilt microphone that used to work perfectly until a few months ago. However, I didn't use it often and just realized that it had stopped working last month. I have tried to do any solution that I can find in the internet, I have checked all settings...
  4. Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app]

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app]: Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app], Please help. URGENTTTTTTTT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-internal-mic-on-not-working-on-browsers-but/b27b95c1-d6cd-4db3-9ae8-ed8827433242
  5. External Mic not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Mic not working: I have an external microphone that was working perfectly a few days ago but now has no input at all, I've made sure it has access and everything to all the apps, I've run a troubleshoot but to no avail... Any help? submitted by /u/dapiggywig56 [link] [comments]...
  6. Laptop unable to work with external mic

Laptop unable to work with external mic: I tried to connect my external headset (headset without mic) and a external mic to my laptop via a splitter headset work just fine but mic wont work. But the mic will work if it is connected directly to the audio jack (aslo i tried the splitter with my gaming headset with...
  7. External Mic not working

External Mic not working: I have an Aser Aspire V 15 Nitro - Black Edition and I am running the most recent version of windows 10. Recently I got a new headset with a built-in microphone. When I plug them in the headphones work perfectly, however it is obvious that my computer is not using the built...
  8. Only internal mic works?

Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...
  9. Only internal mic works?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...
  10. Laptop internal mic doesn't work anymore

Laptop internal mic doesn't work anymore: Hi! So, the title pretty much says it all. I'll be a little more specific here. I just tried talking to Cortana, because I wanna enter the 21st century too, and she ignored me as if she knew my ex. Turns out she just couldn't hear me. Double checked with Win10's native...