Windows 10: Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app]

Discus and support Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app] in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app], Please help. URGENTTTTTTTT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pulkit_Agrawal, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app]

Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app], Please help. URGENTTTTTTTT

:)

Pulkit_Agrawal, Apr 26, 2020

2. Mic socket not working

The mic socket on my laptop abruptly stopped working. It just buzzes instead of recognizing any voice. It works with a USB adapter, so the mic isn't broken, and the socket recognizes when a device has been plugged in ("You just plugged a device into the audio jack"), but all it does is buzz. Is the mic socket just inexplicably broken?

AngryMerchant, Apr 26, 2020
  3. ABY
    aby Win User
    Earphones Mic not working

Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped working. I checked my Earpods with my iPhone and the mic would work just fine but not with the laptop.

Realtek audio driver is already installed but there's no realteks audio icon to configure or make changes. When I connect my Earpods, I can hear through them but the mic doesn't work however if I speak close to the internal mic I can see that green bar moving up which exists in Sounds>Recording.

I updated the Intel graphic driver to the latest version 2 days ago and the Mic would work fine.

Few steps which I tried to fix the issue but didn't help:

1) Tried to setup mic: No go
    2) Tried reinstalling/updating audio drivers: No go
    3) Checked Microphone privacy settings and its ON
    4) Unchecked Allow application to take exclusive control of this device: No go

Can someone help me on this?
    Thank you

4. Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app]

Laptop internal mic doesn't work anymore

Hi!

So, the title pretty much says it all. I'll be a little more specific here.
    I just tried talking to Cortana, because I wanna enter the 21st century too, and she ignored me as if she knew my ex.
    Turns out she just couldn't hear me.
    Double checked with Win10's native Voice Recorder and that didn't record anything either. Tried using a plug-in mic (actually the standard PS4 earplug/mic, if that makes any difference), but that didn't do anything either and I know that thing worked at least up until I just had to pull it out with a leatherman.

I've gone through all the suggestions google came up with: enabling the mic, un-muting the mic, updating drivers.
    Only thing I didn't do is go through Device Manager and uninstalling device to re-install drivers as I am afraid I'm not gonna be able to find the mic at all anymore.

Weird thing is, I just got this laptop two days ago and during the initial start up I talked to Cortana. Then yesterday I spent an eternity waiting on a massive update and now the current problem has arisen.

System:
    MSI GS63VR 7RF-219NL
    Standard, outta the box. Didn't do anything other than fiddle with the fancy keyboard lights and realise I am not acting my age.

Windows 10 (obviously) Home 32-bit, 1709 build 16299.125
    Nahimic 2+ Audio Driver
    Dragon Centre 1.2.1706.1501

I am assuming my display drivers aren't very relevant here.

Any ideas? I'm guessing that massive update screwed things up, but that's all it is: guessing.

Bakkerbaard, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app]

1. Laptop internal Mic on not working on browsers [but the mic is working on voice recorder app] - Similar Threads - Laptop internal Mic

2. Voice recorder internal not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Voice recorder internal not working.: Hi, I have been trying to get my internal microphone to work but have not been able to for some time. I think the late September or early Oct 2020 Microsoft update caused the issue. The audio works fine but when I am trying to make Zoom calls or make a recording it says I...
  3. Mic not working but faintly works with internal audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic not working but faintly works with internal audio: So about a week ago my mic stopped working and doesnt detect anything But my friend told me that if im playing music or a youtube video they can faintly hear it but never hear my voice on voice chat I tried reinstalling the drivers and restore points and setting the internal...
  4. Laptop mic not working

Laptop mic not working: Hey guys, a few days back I had an issue with my microphone not working when I plugged in a headphone. Got this issue fixed by installing proper drives. But today I realised that the mic of my laptop when I unplugged my headphones did not work. I'm using an Acer aspire v5...
  5. Mic not working on apps like Voice Recorder, Obs etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mic not working on apps like Voice Recorder, Obs etc.: For some reason when I record something with my voice in it the microphone makes this very little static noise. When I talk on Discord or other social apps like that my mic is perfectly fine. Please help! Thank You...
  6. Laptop internal and external mic not working

Laptop internal and external mic not working: I have an asus K501LX and the microphone is not working. I tried using problem solving from the sound settings and it is not giving me any options. So i tried to plug in a USB microphone from sennheiser and the mic is still not working. I thought it had something to do with...
  7. Internal mic not working anymore

Internal mic not working anymore: Hi, my laptop has an inbuilt microphone that used to work perfectly until a few months ago. However, I didn't use it often and just realized that it had stopped working last month. I have tried to do any solution that I can find in the internet, I have checked all settings...
  8. Only internal mic works?

Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...
  9. Only internal mic works?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Only internal mic works?: I use a Nextbook Flexx 10. I want to make little videos, but my internal mic sucks, so i bought a new headset (combo cord). when i did, the headphones didn't work. my computer DOES have a combo jack, but when doing mic tests only internal mic works. nothing of use is on the...
  10. Laptop internal mic doesn't work anymore

Laptop internal mic doesn't work anymore: Hi! So, the title pretty much says it all. I'll be a little more specific here. I just tried talking to Cortana, because I wanna enter the 21st century too, and she ignored me as if she knew my ex. Turns out she just couldn't hear me. Double checked with Win10's native...