Windows 10: Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10

Discus and support Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop's internal microphone seems to not work at all, in spite of trying everything I could. When I use wired headphones, the bar in the microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Danish VJ, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Danish VJ Win User

Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10

My laptop's internal microphone seems to not work at all, in spite of trying everything I could. When I use wired headphones, the bar in the microphone in 'Sound' does work, and bluetooth headphones seem to work as well as a separate microphone device in the list in 'Sound'. I tried the following and the problem still persists:1. Did all the pending Windows updates which were not detected for over a year due to an error2. Automatically updated microphone drivers3. Updated microphone drivers with Audio Endpoint4. Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers5. Manually downloaded and installed Realtek

:)

Danish VJ, Oct 28, 2021

2. laptop internal microphone

How can I activate my laptop internal microphone using Windows 7 Home Premium system to participate in Zoom meetings in order to hear and be heard in conversations? Video (picture) participation seems to work OK but I can't get the sound.. Laptop built
    in speakers work OK for other uses so seems to be a problem with the internal microphone system. I don't want really to have to buy a headset with headphones and microphone to plug into a USB port ! Help please. Thanks. I am not very technically minded
    so as simple guidance as possible would be appreciated with exact steps to try!

wendymacnab, Oct 28, 2021
  3. Internal microphone not working

Hello all, I got a new laptop (ASUS Zenbook). Everything was working for a few weeks and now the internal microphone stopped working when I turn on headphones (not headset - headphones without microphone).

I tried video chatting and I could hear sounds but I cannot speak. But without the headphones, I can speak.

• This is the same headphone and I could speak before.
    • I am sure that the microphone is enabled, and set as the default microphone.
    • All my windows updates are updated.
    • I restarted twice.

I have windows 10 installed on it.

Hoping you guys can help me, thank you in advance.

JoanaNicolau, Oct 28, 2021
  4. Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10

Microphone not working

The microphone on my laptop stopped working. I have done a lot of trouble shooting without success. Before I conclude that it is a hardware problem, can I ask if there is anything else I should do.

My System:
    • ASUS S500CA laptop
    • Windows 10 Home X64 version 1909
    • VIA HD Audio - (for speakers and microphone)

Here's what happened:
    • The microphone was working perfectly (on Skype).
    • The next day it didn't work on a Skype call

Here's is a brief summary of what I have done:
    • The only thing that changed between these two Skype calls were a couple of Windows updates
    • I tried to remove all the recent Windows updates - didn't fix it
    • One update (4577670) couldn't be uninstalled so I restored the system to a date prior to the successful SKYPE - didn't work
    • I ran the Win trouble shooter - it reported no problem
    • I tried to update the sound/microphone driver - reported that I had the best driver
    • Checked the driver version (Provider - Microsoft, Date - 2019-03-18, Version, 10.0.18362.1)
    • Checked driver details (Report- No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device)
    • Updated to the latest Win 10 version (20H2) - didn't help
    • The speakers are working correctly.
    • I tried all of the above with the internal microphone as well as an external microphone (I tested all microphone alternatives in the setup - headset, external other)
    Is there anything else that I should try before giving up?

dsscottage, Oct 28, 2021
Thema:

Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10

1. Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Laptop internal microphone

2. HP laptop internal microphone not working windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    HP laptop internal microphone not working windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post will help you if your HP laptop’s internal microphone is not working. There could be any reason why you are facing this issue. For example, there might be outdated audio drivers on your laptop, the laptop doesn’t recognize your internal microphone, etc. You...
  3. internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.: I was on a voice call with my friends on discord when my laptop died, when i re-joined my internal mic stopped working on every platform. I have watched countless widows on how to fix it and nothing has worked. please help....
  4. internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.: I was on a voice call with my friends on discord when my laptop died, when i re-joined my internal mic stopped working on every platform. I have watched countless widows on how to fix it and nothing has worked. please help....
  5. internal microphone on windows 10 is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10: My laptop's internal microphone seems to not work at all, in spite of trying everything I could. When I use wired headphones, the bar in the microphone in 'Sound' does work, and bluetooth headphones seem to work as well as a separate microphone device in the list in 'Sound'....
  7. Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10

Laptop internal microphone not working in Windows 10: My laptop's internal microphone seems to not work at all, in spite of trying everything I could. When I use wired headphones, the bar in the microphone in 'Sound' does work, and bluetooth headphones seem to work as well as a separate microphone device in the list in 'Sound'....
  8. Internal Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internal Microphone not working: I have a computer and i always used my internal mic for discord but after setting up a oculus device on a different computer, it hasnt been detecting any input. I troubleshooted this problem in the windows settings and it says my microphone is muted and so i allowed the bot...
  9. Internal Microphone Windows 10 Laptop Not Working

Internal Microphone Windows 10 Laptop Not Working: I've tried nearly every attempt on the internet to fix my internal microphone, updated drivers, went to Control Panel, set as default, put max sound, allow all devices to access the microphone, did troubleshoot, and everything. Still doesn't work. I only got this brand new...
  10. Internal Microphone not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal Microphone not working: I have an HP Pavillion running Windows 10 version 18363. I have an internal mic which is receiving sound but there is no output. When I speak, no one can hear me. I have tried attaching a webcam with a mic but the noise is very squeaky & unintelligible. I have gone...