Windows 10: Laptop internal speakers

Discus and support Laptop internal speakers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since updating my laptop to Windows 11 my laptop doesn't seem to find the internal speakers. The sound icon on the taskbar show mute. If I click to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SueH2TQ, Dec 20, 2021.

1. SueH2TQ Win User

Laptop internal speakers

Since updating my laptop to Windows 11 my laptop doesn't seem to find the internal speakers. The sound icon on the taskbar show mute. If I click to the settings there is nothing I can see about internalspeakers and I'm unable to change the volume levels.

:)

SueH2TQ, Dec 20, 2021
  2. StevePYYZ Win User

no sound plays through internal speakers

I cannot get any sound to play through the internal speakers of my laptop. It did play previously. The speaker in the task bar has a red and white x and the trouble shooter says no speakers headphones plugged in. When I pull up the info on sound it lists
    its location at HDMI port. Suggestions?

StevePYYZ, Dec 20, 2021
  3. tmasierra Win User
    How do I mute my internal laptop speakers leaving external speakers on

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie. Windows 10. Incredibly I was innocently dusting my Del laptop keys when my computer sound (usually set on Pandora music) was muted, showing an 'x' over speaker icon on taskbar. Previously I could just click it to get it unmuted. This time it took about two hours of my time. Now I have sound coming out of both my external speakers and my internal speakers, when previously just plugging in my external speakers would mute my internal, or built-in, speakers. Is there any way I can mute my internal speakers without muting my external speakers without spending the rest of the day in troubleshooting, involving detailed examination of my motherboard and countless other steps?
    Thanks for listening!
    tma

tmasierra, Dec 20, 2021
  4. Laptop internal speakers

Switching off internal computer speakers

This is a subject that has been raised before but Microsoft seems to refuse to answer. As a result of a previous update to Windows 10, the internal computer speakers work as well as the external sound system. There is no apparent way to switch off the
    internal speakers and just have the external sound system working. A previous contributor suggested that Microsoft had a solution to this bug but wouldn't elaborate. This seemed very childish.

I ask the question again: Could someone give a step by step process for switching off internal computer speakers AND leaving the external speakers working. I have tried every setting but nothing fixes the problem. Surely this isn't rocket science and
    it would be easy for Microsoft to write a bug fix???

Lack of action just infuriates users unnecessarily.

JohnTrevorXX, Dec 20, 2021
Thema:

Laptop internal speakers

1. Laptop internal speakers - Similar Threads - Laptop internal speakers

2. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  3. Internal Speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal Speakers: The right channel of my speakers stopped working a month after I purchased my laptop, what could be the cause? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/585fbb9d-da74-4f2c-8320-9c73ec00d38c
  4. Laptop internal speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop internal speakers: Since updating my laptop to Windows 11 my laptop doesn't seem to find the internal speakers. The sound icon on the taskbar show mute. If I click to the settings there is nothing I can see about internalspeakers and I'm unable to change the volume levels....
  5. No speaker or headphones plugged in - Dell laptop, internal speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No speaker or headphones plugged in - Dell laptop, internal speaker: My laptop cannot recognize the internal speakers. I tried uninstalling the driver and restarting my computer, but it did not reinstall the driver. When I run the sound troubleshooter, it says "No output device found." It appears that my laptop can't recognize my speakers as a...
  6. Asus Laptop Internal Speakers not working

Asus Laptop Internal Speakers not working: Randomly during use, my laptop speakers stop working along with the audio jack. The laptop is a Asus X555Q, and I've tried reinstalling drivers, getting new ones, factory resetting, driver rollback and using dsim. I am currently using windows ten and my laptop is 3.5...
  7. Internal Speakers

Internal Speakers: Where do I find my internal speakers? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internal-speakers/fad8aded-c6c6-4c95-9782-d4909ad2506a
  8. Laptop Internal Speakers Backwards

Laptop Internal Speakers Backwards: Hello, I'm having issues with my Laptop internal speakers. It sound works normally except they are reversed. I hear the left in the right speaker and vice verse. What I've tried: Updating "Audio Inputs and Outputs" and "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers" drivers....
  9. No internal speakers Windows 10 HP laptop

No internal speakers Windows 10 HP laptop: My speaker icon on my task bar has a red x and message that says no audio device installed. I have tried multiple solutions found on web. None work....
  10. Internal Speakers not working

Internal Speakers not working: For awhile now whenever I'd join a discord, the group voice chat application, my audio wouldn't pick up until I messed with the settings a thousand times. To try to solve this, I plugged in a headset. For some reason that seemed to wipe out my internal speakers all together....