Windows 10: Laptop internet connection problem

Discus and support Laptop internet connection problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Both laptops in our household are not connecting to the internet, although all our tablets and phones are fine. Both laptops were connecting fine early... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CMW1#, Apr 12, 2020.

1. CMW1# Win User

Laptop internet connection problem

Both laptops in our household are not connecting to the internet, although all our tablets and phones are fine. Both laptops were connecting fine early last week. Have there been updates or changes to Microsoft that would affect laptops connectivity?

:)

CMW1#, Apr 12, 2020
  2. quasar923 Win User

internet connection problem- help

my internet connection suddenly failed about 2 days ago. we had to power cycyle the the router and modem. the other computers on the same router network were able to connect. my computer upstairs still had the same problem. i am using my laptop now with the same eathernet connection my computer that doesnt get a connection with and the internet works fine on the laptop. it just randomly stoped working and idk what to do now. the cable is fine because i am able to use the laptop on it and the laptop doesnt get wireless so i know its not the cable. my computer is in the system specs. ive tried setting defualts in bios and that doesnt work either. ive turned my firewall off and that doesnt help either. any suggestions?

quasar923, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Internet connectivity problems

Hello Walrus,

There can be a number of reasons for no internet connection in Windows, some common reasons that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
    • Missing updates.
    • Network connection settings.
    • Hardware or software problems.
    • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
    • Interference with other devices.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps in this article
    to help you troubleshoot and resolve network connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 12, 2020
  4. akhlaq768 Win User

Connecting Laptop to the Internet, No connection

Trying to connect to the Internet using my Laptop. (not via the wireless router, but through the Ethernet cable)

My existing PC is connected to the Internet via an Ethernet cable, which is connected to the Broadband Modem (Virgin).

What I have tried to do, is take the Ethernet cable from my PC and connect it to the Laptop... Unfortunately, the Laptop isnt connecting to the Internet...

I have tried repairing the Network, with no success.

I am using the same cable, which was connected to the PC...

I do get error messages, when I click on repair in the Network Connection Tab. Its says it cannot assign an IP address.

I am Using Windows XP Home Edition.

I've tried using the Ping via cmd ping localhost or 127.0.0.1

I get the following results -

Packets: Sent = 4, Recieved = 4, Lost = 0(0%0)

Also done the following -

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
    3. Click the Connections tab.
    4. Under Dial-up and VPN Settings, click the broadband connection, click Settings, and then click Automatically detect settings.
    5. Click OK.

..... with no luck

What do I do guys?

akhlaq768, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop internet connection problem - Similar Threads - Laptop internet connection

2. internet connection problems on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet connection problems on my laptop: I have connected my Laptop to the internet via an ethernet, when I create a hotspot with it, the only website i can access is YouTube and google. when i turn it off, all websites works just fine. initially it worked fine, how do i fix this to both work as before? it is like...
  3. internet connection problems on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    internet connection problems on my laptop: I have connected my Laptop to the internet via an ethernet, when I create a hotspot with it, the only website i can access is YouTube and google. when i turn it off, all websites works just fine. initially it worked fine, how do i fix this to both work as before? it is like...
  4. Lenova Laptop internet connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenova Laptop internet connection problem: Dear Microsoft,im having a few issues with my Lenova tablet/laptop. I have BT internet it works with every other device in my house which are different ranges around. Unfortunately with my lenova, it connects ok when im beside the hub but once i move a short distance away it...
  5. Lenova Laptop internet connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenova Laptop internet connection problem: Dear Microsoft,im having a few issues with my Lenova tablet/laptop. I have BT internet it works with every other device in my house which are different ranges around. Unfortunately with my lenova, it connects ok when im beside the hub but once i move a short distance away it...
  6. Lenova Laptop internet connection problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Problems with my laptop. Internet connection

Problems with my laptop. Internet connection: Hello, I am experiencing an annoying issue with my laptop. I accidentally had to turn off something in settings. My laptop doesn't show me the internet connection icon. I have to connect to the internet manually. Also, every microsoft service for example xbox, microsoft edge,...
  8. Internet Staying Connected Problem; HP Laptop

Internet Staying Connected Problem; HP Laptop: Hello, Grandson has a hp Laptop about a year old. W10 Wouldn't connect, but I was lucky enough to note in their manual that the Airplane Logo key controlled access to the internet, and was an On/Off key for. Youngster, and must have pressed it inadvertently; easy to do....
  9. Internet Staying Connected Problem; HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Internet Staying Connected Problem; HP Laptop: Hello, Grandson has a hp Laptop about a year old. W10 Wouldn't connect, but I was lucky enough to note in their manual that the Airplane Logo key controlled access to the internet, and was an On/Off key for. Youngster, and must have pressed it inadvertently; easy to do....
  10. Internet Connectivity Problem

Internet Connectivity Problem: I have trouble connecting to specific websites through specific means. I suspect that the Java update download problem I had earlier was part of it. I use a Rainmeter widget (Rainmeter calls them skins) to display a page from Yahoo! weather, and about a week ago it started...