Windows 10: Laptop is acting up

Discus and support Laptop is acting up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just bought a new laptop about 4 weeks ago and its already starting to break its an hp and it says some if my registry values have changed and winows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lowlandpanda2, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Laptop is acting up

I just bought a new laptop about 4 weeks ago and its already starting to break its an hp and it says some if my registry values have changed and winows apps are hanging and crashing some stuff womt even let me install because ill keep runninginto an error saying your pc has ran into a problem, ive tried everything to fix it from running the troubleshooter to command promtp to completely resetting my laptop but nothing has worked and im at a loss for what to do

:)

lowlandpanda2, Feb 2, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Feb 2, 2019
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Laptop is acting up

Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

Laptop is acting up

1. Laptop is acting up - Similar Threads - Laptop acting

2. Laptop acts like there is no data on disk after repluging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop acts like there is no data on disk after repluging.: This all is happening on a Dell Inspirion 5502, windows 10, BIOS Version 1.28.0, 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB OM3PDP3-AD NVMe KDI drive, let me know if you need anything more specific, don't know what is important here hardware-wise. I was sent...
  3. Laptop acts like there is no data on disk after repluging.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop acts like there is no data on disk after repluging.: This all is happening on a Dell Inspirion 5502, windows 10, BIOS Version 1.28.0, 11th Gen IntelR CoreTM i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 512GB OM3PDP3-AD NVMe KDI drive, let me know if you need anything more specific, don't know what is important here hardware-wise. I was sent...
  4. Laptop acts like there is no data on disk after repluging.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My 2-1 laptop doesn't act like it anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 2-1 laptop doesn't act like it anymore: I have an Asus Vivobook. Touchscreen and rotates 360 degrees.Last week it was working perfectly.If I rotated it, screen would adapt and keyboard would lock itself.Right now, tocuh screen works but rotation, tablet mode etc doesn't work.Icon about rotations, tablet mode etc...
  6. My 2-1 laptop doesn't act like it anymore

My 2-1 laptop doesn't act like it anymore: I have an Asus Vivobook. Touchscreen and rotates 360 degrees.Last week it was working perfectly.If I rotated it, screen would adapt and keyboard would lock itself.Right now, tocuh screen works but rotation, tablet mode etc doesn't work.Icon about rotations, tablet mode etc...
  7. Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.: I have a Lenovo laptop with IntelR CeleronR N4120 1.10GHz CPU, 4G of RAM, and a 60G Drive. I use a corded optical mouse and a 4T external drive. I upgraded to Windows 11 after getting it new mid last year because it said it was compatible but had to revert to Windows 10 in...
  8. Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.

Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.: I have a Lenovo laptop with IntelR CeleronR N4120 1.10GHz CPU, 4G of RAM, and a 60G Drive. I use a corded optical mouse and a 4T external drive. I upgraded to Windows 11 after getting it new mid last year because it said it was compatible but had to revert to Windows 10 in...
  9. Mouse starts acting weird on laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Why is my laptop acting on its own?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my laptop acting on its own?: Hi! I have a laptop that i bought online. It was custom built and i have the laptop for 2 years. But this year i encountered a problem with the system every time i open it it automatically runs the Run or the windows+R opens the notification tray magnify and the file explorer...