Windows 10: Laptop is connected to wifi, Hotspot is turned on in setting, Phone is successfully...

Discus and support Laptop is connected to wifi, Hotspot is turned on in setting, Phone is successfully... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok, so the issue I have been having with my laptop's hotspot is that everything seems to be working fine, but I still don't get any internet speed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NamanKumar01, May 3, 2020.

1. Laptop is connected to wifi, Hotspot is turned on in setting, Phone is successfully...

Ok, so the issue I have been having with my laptop's hotspot is that everything seems to be working fine, but I still don't get any internet speed on my phone.

I have my laptop connected to a stable wifi connection, and it works absolutely fine on my browser. Then I enable the laptop's hotspot and connect my phone to the network successfully. But I don't get any internet over the connection.

When the hotspot is turned on, I went to the change adapter options tab in the hotspot settings panel of settings. I right-clicked and checked the status of the hotspot connection, and it turns out that my sent packets remain constant at like below 200 and my received packets keep shooting up.

I did troubleshooting on the network adapter and all that, but the results said that there's no problem. I tried updating my drivers from the device manager but it says, everything is up to date.

I just can't figure out what went wrong. I used to be able to properly use my laptop's hotspot a while back. But it hasn't worked for some time now and I can't seem to find any articles about fixing it.

Also, I tried using another laptop's hotspot on my phone and it worked properly. So I know that there is a specific issue with my laptop's hardware/software.

I am using Dell Inspiron 7577 gaming series laptop. I have windows 10 installed on it.

It would be a great help if someone could help me resolve this issue.

:)

NamanKumar01, May 3, 2020

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Laptop is connected to wifi, Hotspot is turned on in setting, Phone is successfully... [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

Laptop is connected to wifi, Hotspot is turned on in setting, Phone is successfully... [​IMG]

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, May 3, 2020
  3. adas14 Win User
    cant connect to my hotspot

my phone connects to the wife hotspot. win 10 desktops not. just checked that windows 7 desktop connects with my hotspot. To be clear. I turn hotspot with my laptop. my phone shows connection and it connects , windows 7 desktop shows connection and it connects, but windows 10 desktops does not show my laptop's hotspot connection at all. And it happened after i did windows update on my laptop...

adas14, May 3, 2020
  4. cheetahfm Win User

Laptop is connected to wifi, Hotspot is turned on in setting, Phone is successfully...

Windows 10 wifi not turning on Acer Aspire laptop

In order to get the list of available wireless networks, you have to:

1. Switch on Connect to suggested open hotspots (see the screenshot in question);
    2. Click on Wifi icon in the right corner. Now you have your networks back.

After that the parameter from Step 1 can be turned off, networks will be listed normally after restarting Wifi.

P.S. I feel rather stupid at the moment. I thought that open hotspots are passwordless hotspots and so are presumably not very safe. So of course I've turned that off during installation.
    Really hard to see any logic in this case.

cheetahfm, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Laptop is connected to wifi, Hotspot is turned on in setting, Phone is successfully...

1. Laptop is connected to wifi, Hotspot is turned on in setting, Phone is successfully... - Similar Threads - Laptop connected wifi

2. Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on.: Hey guys, Since the June17 update I have a very specific issue. I use a LAN cable for internet connection and I always used to hotspot my laptop connection to my my phone without any problems. Since the update, when I turn my laptop wifi/hotspot feature on, the connection on...
  3. Laptop hotspot can be connected on a phone but no internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop hotspot can be connected on a phone but no internet: I have a direct broadband connection on my Asus X555L laptop. I can be connected to my laptop's wifi hotspot on my Andriod phone. But it seems it is connected but no internet on specific apps like google stuff as far I checked such as Play Store, Chrome while the youtube...
  4. Laptop doesn't connect to WiFi but connects to mobile hotspot

Laptop doesn't connect to WiFi but connects to mobile hotspot: My laptop connects to mobile hotspot and WiFi sharing but not to WiFi. I can see my WiFi connection but when I try connecting, I get the error "Can't Connect to this network". I have been able to connect to this network till a few days back. I have tried the following...
  5. Laptop Won't Connect to Phone Hotspot

Laptop Won't Connect to Phone Hotspot: Hi, my laptop has no problem connecting to regular wifi networks but whenever I attempt to connect to an iPhone hotspot I have tried to connect to different phones so I am pretty sure the phone is not the problem it says cannot connect to this network. Any idea on how to fix...
  6. Laptop is connected to wifi, Hotspot is turned on in setting, Phone is successfully...

Laptop is connected to wifi, Hotspot is turned on in setting, Phone is successfully...: This is my second time posting this query. Please help. First post- Ok, so the issue I have been having with my laptop's hotspot is that everything seems to be working fine, but I still don't get any internet speed on my phone. I have my laptop connected to a stable...
  7. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot: Hi, I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot. kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wifi-is-not-connecting-to-mobile-hotspot/693fac1a-add2-4e83-b68f-59f990b2490b
  8. Wifi Hotspot connectivity

Wifi Hotspot connectivity: I'm able to connect to the internet in my laptop from my phone hotspot using SIM1, but when trying to connect to internet using SIM2, its showing connected, but no internet. So how can i get access to the network using SIM2 in the laptop Wifi? is it an adapter issue?...
  9. Tablet is connected to laptop WiFi hotspot but there is no internet

Tablet is connected to laptop WiFi hotspot but there is no internet: I can connect my tablet to the laptop WIFI hotspot. However I cannot connect to the internet because it says that there is no internet. I checked the issue with another tablet with the same result...
  10. Wifi Connectivity to hotspot

Wifi Connectivity to hotspot: I am facing problem connecting to the portable hotspot for accessing internet using wifi in my windows 10. It is getting connected to the hotspot but showing NO INTERNET, SECURED. So i am unable to access the internet from my pc. I am using hp ay009tx laptop. Please reply...