Windows 10: Laptop is hibernating when plugged in when setting says not to

Discus and support Laptop is hibernating when plugged in when setting says not to in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; On my Dell laptop, I have all sleep type settings off or on very high minutes so that it doesn't. I have System unattended sleep timeout showing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ToddM, Feb 2, 2019.

1. ToddM Win User

Laptop is hibernating when plugged in when setting says not to

On my Dell laptop, I have all sleep type settings off or on very high minutes so that it doesn't. I have System unattended sleep timeout showing and that is set high also. Still, after I come home after several hours, my laptop is shut down. I ran sleep diagnostics and it shows my laptop hibernating after 3 hours. This time setting matches what it shows when on battery power. I can't seem to find out why it is doing this. Is it possible that though my laptop is plugged in and reaches a full charge, it is somehow now confusing it thinking it's running battery power? I know that sounds strange but I can't think of why it won't stay awake.

:)

ToddM, Feb 2, 2019

2. Laptop no longer hibernates on critical power

Hi Mike,

The laptop's battery is possibly wearing out. Since you haven't change any settings, we suggest that you change the critical battery level a bit higher so that your laptop can perform a hibernation on a much higher percentage than the default. Follow the
    steps below:

• Type Power Options on the Start menu search bar.
    • Under Battery, click on Critical battery level.
    • Chang the default percentage to 10% or higher.
    • Click on Apply.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Feb 2, 2019
  3. itiod Win User
    Missing hibernate option in settings

Windows 10 laptop is missing the hibernate option, and hibernate is not listed in the shutdown settings.

Laptop is hibernating when plugged in when setting says not to 1bf71cba-6f10-4fb3-acfa-ca4b1d46684d.png

I was looking for the hibernate option because my laptop regularly crashes when I close the lid, and I was assuming this is why. I have been unable to find any solutions on the internet as all the results were how to enable hibernate in settings, but I don't
    have that option. Any suggestions?

itiod, Feb 2, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

hibernate, but shuts down

Hello,

We suggest to manually setup hibernation on your computer. You may follow the steps below:

• Right-click on your desktop and select Personalize.
    • Click Lock screen>Screen saver settings>Change power settings>Choose what the power buttons do.

• Change the settings When I press the power button, click
      hibernate.
    • Click Save changes.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Feb 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop is hibernating when plugged in when setting says not to - Similar Threads - Laptop hibernating plugged

2. Blue screen when laptop plug in its say clock_watchdog_timeout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen when laptop plug in its say clock_watchdog_timeout: its only accour when charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-when-laptop-plug-in-its-say/0f353c04-5287-41bd-a06c-fc42913d0f66
  3. Blue screen when laptop plug in its say clock_watchdog_timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen when laptop plug in its say clock_watchdog_timeout: its only accour when charging https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-when-laptop-plug-in-its-say/0f353c04-5287-41bd-a06c-fc42913d0f66
  4. BSOD when Laptop Plugged In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when Laptop Plugged In: I started getting BSOD with the error related to the driver iastorvd.sys attempting to write onto a read only area of RAMAttempted to replace the drive manually, attempted all the fixes using Intel Rapid Storage software updates, rolling back computer Updated to Windows 11...
  5. Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :

Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :: Hello Everyone,The problem is that when my laptop is on low battery 30-15 percent i plug my laptop to the charging port and turn it on. Then suddenly my laptop hibernates . Then when i power it on. It again shows the laptop logo and the all the stuff. And my laptop starts...
  6. Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Hibernates when i plug in the charger :: Hello Everyone,The problem is that when my laptop is on low battery 30-15 percent i plug my laptop to the charging port and turn it on. Then suddenly my laptop hibernates . Then when i power it on. It again shows the laptop logo and the all the stuff. And my laptop starts...
  7. PC auto-power on when plugged in after hibernating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC auto-power on when plugged in after hibernating: I use the hibernate option and when I plugged in after hibernating my PC, it automatically turn on. I don't know how to disable this. I tried reseting BIOS to factory default and reseting the power plan. It didn't help. Also, no one turn on my PC when I'm sleeping and I don't...
  8. PC auto-power on when plugged in after hibernating

PC auto-power on when plugged in after hibernating: I use the hibernate option and when I plugged in after hibernating my PC, it automatically turn on. I don't know how to disable this. I tried reseting BIOS to factory default and reseting the power plan. It didn't help. Also, no one turn on my PC when I'm sleeping and I don't...
  9. Laptop BSOD when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop BSOD when plugged in: I get a bsod with a different error message everytime i plug in the charger and use my laptop, on battery i never a bsod. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-bsod-when-plugged-in/2e244618-32dc-4030-a0a2-758c155c3e82
  10. SSD refuses to boot on Windows 10, when plugged in to my Mac is says it is hibernated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD refuses to boot on Windows 10, when plugged in to my Mac is says it is hibernated: [ATTACH] Hi, I was using my desktop today normally and I stepped away from my desk for an hour or so and when I came back there was a message that my computer was unable to find a bootable device to start the system. I tried reinstalling Windows, but my SSD doesn't show...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop hibernating when charging