Windows 10: Laptop is lagging, and audio distorts when not charging.

Discus and support Laptop is lagging, and audio distorts when not charging. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I got an Acer Nitro 5 about 2 months ago, and its been working fine until recently. In the morning I decided to try and clean my cpu fans, and when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by crossbones[nyoom], Feb 14, 2022.

1. Laptop is lagging, and audio distorts when not charging.

So I got an Acer Nitro 5 about 2 months ago, and its been working fine until recently. In the morning I decided to try and clean my cpu fans, and when I got back I booted up my laptop, and I noticed it was super slow, and whenever I played a game or watched a video the audio was distorted. I also noticed when starting up the laptop that the battery had a grey X icon over it. But when I charge the laptop, it works perfectly. Please help me.

:)

crossbones[nyoom], Feb 14, 2022

2. Laptop won't charge and speakers distorted when plugging in charger

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 and whenever I plug in my laptop charger the device starts to lag, my speakers become distorted and the laptop indicates that it is plugged in however not charging. The sound distortion also occurs through headphones when charging.
    This is a new device I have had for five months. I receive a warning notification whenever the laptop is plugged in that I need a 45w or higher charger however it is a 45w cable. When unplugged I have none of these issues and the laptop works perfectly.

YeahThatMe, Feb 14, 2022
  3. Opie540 Win User
    sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Feb 14, 2022
  4. Laptop is lagging, and audio distorts when not charging.

Laptop won't charge and sound is distorted

I have a Dell Latitude E5440 and since yesterday when I plugged in the charger it started lagging and the sound would come out distorted from the speakers. It's also not charging and Itried three different chargers and it reacts the same. Please help.

PurpleArcticFox, Feb 14, 2022
Thema:

Laptop is lagging, and audio distorts when not charging.

1. Laptop is lagging, and audio distorts when not charging. - Similar Threads - Laptop lagging audio

2. Why does my laptop start lagging and making distorted noises when I charge it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop start lagging and making distorted noises when I charge it?: I have a OMEN 15 laptop and have had it for a little more than half a year maybe, however this issue just started yesterday where if I plug in my laptop, not even a few seconds after doing so, it starts to lag and slow down. The CPU temperatures are fine, the charger isn’t...
  3. Why does my laptop start lagging and making distorted noises when I charge it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop start lagging and making distorted noises when I charge it?: I have a OMEN 15 laptop and have had it for a little more than half a year maybe, however this issue just started yesterday where if I plug in my laptop, not even a few seconds after doing so, it starts to lag and slow down. The CPU temperatures are fine, the charger isn’t...
  4. Lagging when charging and not charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lagging when charging and not charging: I have a windows 11 HP laptop. I also usually play games like GTA 5 or etc. I usually have 60-70 fps which is fine. The issue starts when I start to plug my charger. It lags like hell down to literal 1fps. Then when I unplug it, it goes back to 60-70 fps but after a few mins...
  5. Lagging when charging and not charging

Lagging when charging and not charging: I have a windows 11 HP laptop. I also usually play games like GTA 5 or etc. I usually have 60-70 fps which is fine. The issue starts when I start to plug my charger. It lags like hell down to literal 1fps. Then when I unplug it, it goes back to 60-70 fps but after a few mins...
  6. Laptop lags when I charge it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop lags when I charge it: My game starts to lag when I put it on charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-lags-when-i-charge-it/dd6e5cb7-641f-4af7-83c9-80c21c3ef6c1
  7. Laptop lags when I charge it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop lags when I charge it: My game starts to lag when I put it on charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-lags-when-i-charge-it/dd6e5cb7-641f-4af7-83c9-80c21c3ef6c1
  8. Laptop lags when I charge it

9. Laptop is lagging, and audio distorts when not charging.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is lagging, and audio distorts when not charging.: So I got an Acer Nitro 5 about 2 months ago, and its been working fine until recently. In the morning I decided to try and clean my cpu fans, and when I got back I booted up my laptop, and I noticed it was super slow, and whenever I played a game or watched a video the audio...
  10. laptop lags when charging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop lags when charging: hi, recently I've been experiencing a problem with my laptop - whenever I put it on charge it lags.I've tried multiple forums, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series, but it runs windows 10, and it has been doing htis for quite...