Windows 10: Laptop is locked using BitLocker and I dont remember the account i use there.

Discus and support Laptop is locked using BitLocker and I dont remember the account i use there. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My laptop is locked with BitLocker and to recover the key I need my account but I dont remember which one I use there. What can I do? And is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by IlyaMichlin, Apr 25, 2020.

1. Laptop is locked using BitLocker and I dont remember the account i use there.

My laptop is locked with BitLocker and to recover the key I need my account but I dont remember which one I use there.

What can I do?

And is there a way to get my email/account using cmd?

:)

IlyaMichlin, Apr 25, 2020

2. Automatically Laptop locked by Bitlocker

Hi,

BitLocker is a full disk encryption feature included with Windows. We recommend getting the recovery key to unlock the BitLocker. Click this
    article
    for reference on how to recover the recovery key for the BitLocker. We suggest checking it on your Microsoft account,

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Laptop is locked using BitLocker and I dont remember the account i use there.

Bitlocker

Hi,

Some background

• I have a Lenovo / Windows 10 laptop. It was purchased 2 years ago and I have never encountered or installed BitLocker on it.
    • I am at university and access my university account through the laptop - OneDrive, Office 365, Outlook etc.

The problem

• On starting my laptop, I am asked for the BitLocker recovery key.
      • To retrieve the key it provides a link which directs me to my university account (microsoft account), however I have no privileges (+ don't have the encryption key).
      • I am also given a key ID & the Drive Label for my laptop.
    • I phoned my Uni IT support, who were not very helpful and said as it was a personal laptop they could not be of any assistance.
    • I would rather not reinstall Windows as I have my Uni notes on the laptop.

Questions

• Which of the below is possible.
      • Bitlocker was preinstalled on my computer and somehow got triggered
      • Bitlocker was triggered due to my interactions with the universities applications, given that the link is to my university account.
        • Or could either of these be possible.

Summary

• Basically I would like to know if it is possible to confirm that it is the use of the universities applications that has resulted in the triggering of BitLocker and not something else?

BillyIrwin, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Laptop is locked using BitLocker and I dont remember the account i use there.

1. Laptop is locked using BitLocker and I dont remember the account i use there. - Similar Threads - Laptop locked using

2. I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I am being asked for my PIN to sign in but I dont remember it as I usually use facial...: I have woke up and gone to log into my surface laptop and it automatically has a message saying I have entered my pin wrong too many times so I cannot use facial recognition. I haven't even touched the laptop since I used it last night so that's weird. Anyway I have entered...
  3. Locked out of an account I never use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of an account I never use: Hi,I am trying to access an account with live.com that I had created 4 years ago. I tried entering the password too many times and I was locked out of this account. Now I never used this account and had created one only because Microsoft forced me to do this when I wanted to...
  4. Locked out of an account I never use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of an account I never use: Hi,I am trying to access an account with live.com that I had created 4 years ago. I tried entering the password too many times and I was locked out of this account. Now I never used this account and had created one only because Microsoft forced me to do this when I wanted to...
  5. Locked out of an account I never use

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Hard locked using bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard locked using bitlocker: Hello,I bought my laptop Dell G5 3 years ago with 1 SSD drive and 1 HDD driveFrom 2 weeks ago, I decided to replace my HDD drive with another one SSD drive and put the HDD in a rack to be used as an external hard diskBut when I tried to use this external disk on another...
  7. Hard locked using bitlocker

Hard locked using bitlocker: Hello,I bought my laptop Dell G5 3 years ago with 1 SSD drive and 1 HDD driveFrom 2 weeks ago, I decided to replace my HDD drive with another one SSD drive and put the HDD in a rack to be used as an external hard diskBut when I tried to use this external disk on another...
  8. Hard locked using bitlocker

9. Can I lock my regular folders using bitlocker?

Can I lock my regular folders using bitlocker?: Hello! I have TPM chip 2.0 embedded in my hardware. I always secure my pc drives using Bitlocker. But I cannot lock my C drive. Why is that? Also can I lock my regular folders documents, videos, music, etc. using Bitlocker? If no, then is there any 3rd party apps for this...
  10. BitLocker - Used Space Encryption on used Laptop?

BitLocker - Used Space Encryption on used Laptop?: I tried several times to encrypt the entire disk after reinstalling Windows 10 but it always took for ever (usually 10 hours) to fully encrypt my internal 320GB drive. I managed to run bitlocker successfully by encrypting only used space. My question is should I run...