Windows 10: Laptop is malfunctioning

Discus and support Laptop is malfunctioning in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My kids' laptop is not functioning anymore. It's browsing and efforts to start services proved abortive. The story is that the system was hanging and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Joe_Ade, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Joe_Ade Win User

Laptop is malfunctioning

My kids' laptop is not functioning anymore. It's browsing and efforts to start services proved abortive. The story is that the system was hanging and my wife used the power button to turn it off. After a restart, nothing works again. Please help. My daughter is missing her classes.

Firewall wall is turned off and won't come back on.

Services are down and won't also start manually. Every attempt comes back with "Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

Restore default settings functionality rolled for a while and then stopped. I repeated this step several times, no positive result.

I even tried to use "USB Tethering to connect Internet" It also failed.

Feedback Hub is asking to go online. "Record network diagnostics locally for later use" option also failed. I could not use the "Start recording" button. It's completely grayed out.

I really don't know what to do again.

Kindly assist

Thank you.

:)

Joe_Ade, Mar 17, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 17, 2021
  3. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Mar 17, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Laptop is malfunctioning

laptop battery meter malfunctioning

It is possible this is an issue with a Windows Driver, to rectify this issue, please follow these steps

• Disconnect Power Supply
    • Remove battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop
    • Control Panel - Device Manager
    • Under the Batteries category, right-click all instances of Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery , and Uninstall
    • Shutdown
    • Disconnect Power Supply
    • Insert battery
    • Connect Power Supply
    • Turn on the laptop

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Mar 17, 2021
Thema:

Laptop is malfunctioning

1. Laptop is malfunctioning - Similar Threads - Laptop malfunctioning

2. Windows laptop brightness malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows laptop brightness malfunction: When using "Increase brightness" button on laptop, the brightness does not necessarily increase but moves half way towards 20% brightness. For example, starting at 100%, pressing the button once changes brightness to 60%, then 40%, then 30%, then 25% etc. Or starting at 0%,...
  3. Windows laptop brightness malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows laptop brightness malfunction: When using "Increase brightness" button on laptop, the brightness does not necessarily increase but moves half way towards 20% brightness. For example, starting at 100%, pressing the button once changes brightness to 60%, then 40%, then 30%, then 25% etc. Or starting at 0%,...
  4. My Laptop brightness is malfunctioning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop brightness is malfunctioning.: Good day, My PC have working great but just 3 days ago when I turned on my PC to work and my PC started misbehaving.ISSUE: Whenever I am using my PC the brightness increases by itself, and the most annoying part is the brightness slider both on the window notification box and...
  5. My Laptop brightness is malfunctioning.

My Laptop brightness is malfunctioning.: Good day, My PC have working great but just 3 days ago when I turned on my PC to work and my PC started misbehaving.ISSUE: Whenever I am using my PC the brightness increases by itself, and the most annoying part is the brightness slider both on the window notification box and...
  6. My Laptop brightness is malfunctioning.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning

Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning: My laptop keyboard Top row not working.1. Esc, not working2. The volume: up or down3. The backlit..stays on4. the screen brighten or dimmer. not workingI updated driver: reinstalled driver, restarted computer. Reinstalled win 10, Installed new Keyboard. These individual keys...
  8. Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning: My laptop keyboard Top row not working.1. Esc, not working2. The volume: up or down3. The backlit..stays on4. the screen brighten or dimmer. not workingI updated driver: reinstalled driver, restarted computer. Reinstalled win 10, Installed new Keyboard. These individual keys...
  9. Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Touchpad malfunction is causing major laptop issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad malfunction is causing major laptop issues.: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron 5505 and a rather big issue. It’s very similar to issues on here before, where an update led to the touchpad driver getting messed up1 Update was installed, cursor sometimes has trouble picking up input2 Cursor disappears every time I have the...