Windows 10: Laptop is not booting

Discus and support Laptop is not booting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My audio has been crackling and popping for months so I decided to edit my registry editor by editing the conversationidletime but as I was shutting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kingShalom, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Laptop is not booting

My audio has been crackling and popping for months so I decided to edit my registry editor by editing the conversationidletime but as I was shutting down an update was trying to install. At shutting it down and switching it back on, the laptop got stuck on loading hp screen and now it doesn't even do that but immediately takes me to automatic repair which none of the options I've tried is working and I will do anything but reset the pc to factory as I really need my files. What can I Do?

:)

kingShalom, Dec 20, 2019
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 20, 2019
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 20, 2019
  4. GNJha Win User

Laptop is not booting

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Laptop is not booting

1. Laptop is not booting - Similar Threads - Laptop booting

2. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...: My LenovoIdeapad 3 laptop bluescreened and now cannot boot to windows. Startup repair does not work. I have tried following command line instructions, for example here https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/recovery-options-in-windows-11.html#.YgnrtYhBzIWHowever when trying...
  3. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...: My LenovoIdeapad 3 laptop bluescreened and now cannot boot to windows. Startup repair does not work. I have tried following command line instructions, for example here https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2021/09/recovery-options-in-windows-11.html#.YgnrtYhBzIWHowever when trying...
  4. Lenovo Ideapad laptop does not boot. Using command line to fix the problem results in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  6. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  7. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Laptop not booting when keyboard is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not booting when keyboard is plugged in.: I recently bought a new keyboard Red Gear MT01, my laptop Dell G15 55252 does not boot when this keyboard is plugged in any of the two USB portsboots if plugged in a third specific USB port in the laptop. Laptop boots if I unplug the keyboard if it's stuck.Always get stuck on...
  9. Laptop not booting when keyboard is plugged in.

Laptop not booting when keyboard is plugged in.: I recently bought a new keyboard Red Gear MT01, my laptop Dell G15 55252 does not boot when this keyboard is plugged in any of the two USB portsboots if plugged in a third specific USB port in the laptop. Laptop boots if I unplug the keyboard if it's stuck.Always get stuck on...
  10. Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 laptop stuck in boot loop for countless hours, have tried many different...: Hello, my Windows 10 is stuck in boot loop, I have tried restarting many times and let it boot up for countless hours but nothing seems to work, is there any way I could resolve this issue without the need of seeking professional technical help? I have tried accessing the...