Windows 10: Laptop is not detecting microphone

Discus and support Laptop is not detecting microphone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Rig 600 headphones and I’ve purchased a new laptop. Tried to connect my headphones and a mic. However my laptop don’t see the headphones when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ellen Tay, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Ellen Tay Win User

Laptop is not detecting microphone

I have Rig 600 headphones and I’ve purchased a new laptop. Tried to connect my headphones and a mic. However my laptop don’t see the headphones when they are plugged in.

:)

Ellen Tay, Feb 5, 2019

2. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Feb 5, 2019
  3. External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Laptop is not detecting microphone

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Laptop is not detecting microphone

1. Laptop is not detecting microphone - Similar Threads - Laptop detecting microphone

2. Laptop not detecting headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not detecting headset microphone.: Recently, I bought a headset with a microphone attached for use when chatting with friends, the headphones are detected by my laptop and work perfectly fine however, the microphone doesn't work and isn't detected at all, i have followed all the steps I could find to try...
  3. Laptop not detecting headset microphone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not detecting headset microphone.: Recently, I bought a headset with a microphone attached for use when chatting with friends, the headphones are detected by my laptop and work perfectly fine however, the microphone doesn't work and isn't detected at all, i have followed all the steps I could find to try...
  4. Laptop detects only internel microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop detects only internel microphone: I have been reading many blogs, sites, YT videos tutorial on this problem but none fix mine since 2017, so i'm looking for my solution here.My laptop is ASUS Vivobook X556UQ, i use always use internal microphone but i dont know how to change to external microphone of any...
  5. Microphones are no longer detected on laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphones are no longer detected on laptop: Since mid-May this year, my laptop has stopped recognizing microphones, built-in or external. I regularly used earphones with a built-in microphone for online meetings on my laptop via Webex, Zoom, Teams, until sometime around May 17th when I realized the issue. I tried...
  6. laptop not detecting headset microphone

laptop not detecting headset microphone: I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone. I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none. I've re-installed my Realtek HD...
  7. Laptop detect Microphone as "Headset"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop detect Microphone as "Headset": So i'm using Windows 10 1909, My Laptop is HP Laptop 15s-eq0xxx, have only one jack. I have a Condenser microphone which i can use with XLR to 3.5mm Jack. My old laptop has no problem with it, when i plug the jack its ask What is this device is and automatically i can use as...
  8. Laptop doesnt detect microphone

Laptop doesnt detect microphone: Hello, I have a Acer Aspire E 15 laptop running on Windows 10. Just today I just bought a new desk microphone. Unfortunately, it doesn't detect it at all, let alone install it. Any tips on what I could try? Thanks in advance!...
  9. laptop not detecting headset microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop not detecting headset microphone: I just recently got a new asus laptop that runs windows 10 but it doesn't detect my headset microphone. I tried fixing it in sound manager and in the control panel, it just doesn't work. I only see two mic options when I try to change the input they are both the realtek ones....
  10. laptop not detecting headset microphone

in Windows 10 Support
    laptop not detecting headset microphone: I recently bought a new headset with a microphone and I can hear audio through the headset but my mic is not detected and it is still using my default Realtek computer microphone. I've tried looking for hidden microphones but there are none. I've re-installed my Realtek HD...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop microphone not detected

2. laptop not detecting microphone

3. laptop not detecting microphone]

4. asus microphone not working windows 10,
  5. laptop doesnt detect microphone,
  6. laprtop not detecting external microphone,
  7. laptop not detecting my microphone,
  8. i have a microphone on my laptop but discord is not detecting it,
  9. microphone not detected laptop,
  10. laptop not detecting external microphone