Windows 10: Laptop is on, but the screen can't wake up

Discus and support Laptop is on, but the screen can't wake up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, The screen on my laptop Fujitsu Lifebook U904 suddenly turned black when I took it off the docking. For a while, I could use an extern display to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ta.wi, Jun 3, 2019.

1. ta.wi Win User

Laptop is on, but the screen can't wake up

Hi,

The screen on my laptop Fujitsu Lifebook U904 suddenly turned black when I took it off the docking.

For a while, I could use an extern display to see the screen of the laptop. I tried to find out of it searching around on the internet and came over advice to go into the Safe mode, which I did. Now I don't see anything on any of the displays, neither the native nor the extern one.

I regret not having tried to update the driver before starting the Safe mode, while things were kind of visible...

So the problem is: The laptop is on, I can't see anything.

My question is: Is there any way of leaving the Safe mode WITHOUT seeing the screen? Every way I know includes choosing and clicking in boxes, writing commandoes - and so on. I can't do that.

Is there any hope?

:)

ta.wi, Jun 3, 2019

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Jun 3, 2019
  3. N-Gen Win User
    Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Laptop is on, but the screen can't wake up

Screens black after waking machine from sleep

Hi Anthony,

Does it only happen when waking up the computer from sleep?

To check for possible causes of this issue, we suggest you to run Power Troubleshooter. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Troubleshooting.
    • On the left side, click View all.
    • Click Power.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    If the issue still persists, you may update the Chipset driver from the device manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Laptop is on, but the screen can't wake up

1. Laptop is on, but the screen can't wake up - Similar Threads - Laptop screen can't

2. Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes: Hi I hope you are doing well I have a pretty decent laptop but I’m not sure if it’s the graphics card but after opening the cover it’s a black screen but the disk is still runningIf you can help that would be great thanks!...
  3. Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after waking up laptop sometimes: Hi I hope you are doing well I have a pretty decent laptop but I’m not sure if it’s the graphics card but after opening the cover it’s a black screen but the disk is still runningIf you can help that would be great thanks!...
  4. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop can't wake up from sleep: Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 and have declined the upgrade to Windows 11 several times. Last night I put my laptop to Sleep and it was updated again and again I declined. I stepped away from my laptop for a few hours. When I got back, I tapped Enter as usual. I got to...
  5. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop can't wake up from sleep: Hi, I'm currently using Windows 10 and have declined the upgrade to Windows 11 several times. Last night I put my laptop to Sleep and it was updated again and again I declined. I stepped away from my laptop for a few hours. When I got back, I tapped Enter as usual. I got to...
  6. Laptop can't wake up from sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Wake up laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake up laptop: Hi all, I have a Xiaomi mi Notebook pro (i7/16gb) and I was wondering if i could turn on the laptop (with a closed lit) by plugging in a usb c hub. I am trying to do it by using WOL (wake up on lan) but I just want to power it on by plugging it in and without using another...
  8. CORTANA CAN'T WAKE UP

in Cortana
    CORTANA CAN'T WAKE UP: CORTANA WON'T HEAR MY WAKE WORD, WON'T RESPOND TO ME, I tried setting region to UK , then it worked for a while, but it suddently stopped working, I had to set region agian, this keeps having same issue, how to fix it so that Cortana can hear my wake word and respond?...
  9. computer can't wake up, ****

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer can't wake up, ****: I can't wake up my laptop. I press shutdown button, then start it but my laptop doesn’t get to BIOS. Previously I did a clean Windows installation. Perhaps, it is a reason...
  10. black screen - can't wake up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    black screen - can't wake up: I am having the issue where when I restart my laptop on Windows 10 - i get to a black screen. No amount of key resets get me out of the black screen. The only solution we have found was to let the battery die, recharging and starting again. From searches on the internet it...