Windows 10: Laptop is really slow

Discus and support Laptop is really slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi My Hp Pro x2 is really slow and it's only 2 years old! I really need help ASAP cause I have lots of work to get done on it and it takes forever for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristopherNiven, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Laptop is really slow

Hi

My Hp Pro x2 is really slow and it's only 2 years old! I really need help ASAP cause I have lots of work to get done on it and it takes forever for it to start up! Please can you give me advice. THANKS!!!

:)

ChristopherNiven, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

http://support.dell.com/?~ck=mn

Namslas90, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Lenovo laptop suddenly slow

I have a new Lenovo E580 laptop (bought January 2019) which suddenly started to run very slow. I have especially noticed it with build times in Visual Studio and loading times for a local website in IIS.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro by formatting the entire computer but it’s still slow.

Laptop spec:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU: i7-8550U 2.00GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 512 SSD

Software where I really notice the slowness:

• Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.3.9
    • IIS to Windows 10

I have tried to setup an older laptop with the same software installed as the new laptop, to compare the loading times. The old laptop has a very similar spec. (i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD). The load time for a local website on the new laptop is 78 seconds where on the old is 30 seconds. On the new laptop it used to be around 30 seconds as well.

It’s not just Visual Studio and IIS that is slow it’s the entire laptop. I thought it would be fixed by reinstalling Windows but there were no improvements. I suspect it’s a hardware issue, but I don’t get any errors, and everything looks fine.

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to pinpoint this issue or is it better to contact Lenovo support, as the new laptop is still under warranty?

Høgsdal, Nov 3, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Laptop is really slow

n-ster, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

Laptop is really slow

1. Laptop is really slow - Similar Threads - Laptop really slow

2. windows 11 laptop really slow on battery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 laptop really slow on battery: have an asus laptop TUF Gaming F15 rtx 3050 i5 11400h 16gb ram / 256 ssd when it's on battery not using charger it's very slow to the point where it's not even usable even my old laptop with i5 4th gen is faster on battery how can i make it faster because some times i cant...
  3. My laptop suddenly turned really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop suddenly turned really slow: I was just playing one of my games Hitman 3 when suddenly my fps dropped down to 3, I thought maybe my laptop might have been doing something in the background so I just waited it out. Eventually I just thought something might have gone wrong in the game so I tried restarting...
  4. Really need help with my slow laptop :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Really need help with my slow laptop :: Hi there I recently fresh installed windows 10 on my laptop because I kinda messed up before the install. After installing a new clean windows 10, it was nice and fast for the first few days, now it has slowed down a little and takes 30sec to get to the log in screen, which...
  5. My laptop is suddenly really slow

My laptop is suddenly really slow: A few days ago I started up my computer in the morning as I always do,the boot process was slightly slower but I didn't really think about it.But logging in to my account after entering my password took about 20 minutes,it used to login in a few seconds.The process after...
  6. Laptop is really slow after last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop is really slow after last update: Ok so I don’t know am I the only one having this problem? After the window 10 latest update, my laptop went extremely slow and lag, I am sure there’s nothing to do with virus or anything else but the update( my laptop went fine before the update). And yes I did tried...
  7. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  8. Laptop really slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop really slow: Hello, I have an HP laptop purchased 6 years ago. It is running on windows 10. Since I got it, the laptop is really slow, not able to go on a normal website page quick, takes time to load. I have performed a spy bot search and destroy, defragment, disk cleanup, run Avast...
  9. Laptop running really slow.

Laptop running really slow.: Hi, Looking for help as my laptop takes about 5 secs to load every time I click something. Takes ever longer when I minimize an application and switch to another(that is already open). I just wanted to make sure if my laptop performance is just normal for the specs it has,...
  10. Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow

Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow: I just brought a brand new HP Pavillion 360 and it came with windows 10 already installed. Everytime I do anything whether it's starting up or opening a programme it takes a really long time and I can't figure out why I've googled it and found most people say it's because of...