Windows 10: Laptop is reverting to default setting after restarting the system post windows update of...

Discus and support Laptop is reverting to default setting after restarting the system post windows update of... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got windows 1903 update. The update requires a system restart. I have restarted the system after installing the update. My data in Documents folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NagarjunaReddy729, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Laptop is reverting to default setting after restarting the system post windows update of...

I got windows 1903 update. The update requires a system restart. I have restarted the system after installing the update. My data in Documents folder has been deleted, all installed software's are not available, my desktop and display settings were reverted to default view. On a whole, restarting the system post an update installation is reverting my laptop to default.

:)

NagarjunaReddy729, Nov 7, 2019

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Touchpad settings revert to default on every restart.

Hello Albert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with your issue.

This issue might be due to faulty or corrupted drivers. I suggest you to follow the suggestion given by Preeti Patel and check if it helps:

Touchpad settings revert to default after restart on Windows 10

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 7, 2019
  4. MrPipa Win User

Laptop is reverting to default setting after restarting the system post windows update of...

Laptop Undervolting - System default

I have an Asus K70AF laptop with AMD overdrive installed. I can under volt from 1.175V down all the way to 0.985V without problem, but when i restart the system it goes back to 1.175 OCCASIONALLY. The temperature drops with over 10 degrees Celsius because of the lower voltage so its quite important for me to be sure to have it all the time. I always have to check that its at 0.985V. I have crossed the option in overdrive to save last config and i have set 0.985V as default! Are my settings in overdrive somehow incorrect?

Because its a laptop I have no settings in BIOS (not even C´n´Q settings) so everything have to be made from windows. I googled around to see if there were other programs or some help with this but no luck so i posted here to see if anyone had some ideas about this. Perhaps there is a way to tell the whole system that 0.985V is the system default voltage and not 1.175V?

Thanks in advance.

CPU: 2.1Ghz @ 0.985V, AMD Athlon x2 M320
    Win 7 Ultimate 64x
    Asus K70AF

MrPipa, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Laptop is reverting to default setting after restarting the system post windows update of...

1. Laptop is reverting to default setting after restarting the system post windows update of... - Similar Threads - Laptop reverting default

2. Settings revert after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  3. Settings revert after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings revert after Windows update: Everytime Windows 11 updates, settings and functions no longer work the way I had them set up. For example, there is some issue with linking to help in excel. I keep getting an error message "Something went wrong. Please check your network connection and try again". I fixed...
  4. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting: Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I...
  5. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting: Hello... I have been facing an issue in which my desktop and settings revert to default everytime I restart it. Because of so I have to set my settings and desktop again back to my own settings and personalization. My download and document file also seem to reset everytime I...
  6. Desktop and settings reverting to default after restarting

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart: So, new computer, freshish install of Win 11. In Control panel, change mouse pointer to different size, Apply, save, etc. Works fine. Shut down or restart and cursor is reverted to default. Interestingly, when going back into mouse settings after restart, the desired cursor...
  8. Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart

Windows 11 mouse settings revert to default after restart: So, new computer, freshish install of Win 11. In Control panel, change mouse pointer to different size, Apply, save, etc. Works fine. Shut down or restart and cursor is reverted to default. Interestingly, when going back into mouse settings after restart, the desired cursor...
  9. Should settings revert to default after a Windows Update....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should settings revert to default after a Windows Update....: ... and if so, is there any way to prevent this happening ? I have 7 "control" computers & photo kiosks, plus 4 workstations all open networked together (password protected sharing is turned off) with network drives and shared folders all over the place. The "control"...
  10. System reverts to default power settings on reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    System reverts to default power settings on reboot.: Hi, I run a HTPC in my front room and this hosts all my media, so other devices on the network can access it. Due to this, I need to prevent the computer from going to sleep, so other computers can still access the media. I keep changing the balanced power plan to 'screen...