Windows 10: Laptop is running really slow and constantly crashing/freezing.

Discus and support Laptop is running really slow and constantly crashing/freezing. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop that I bought in 2015 and after 2-3 years it started to become a bit slower, but after doing some cleaning it started to run just fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/epicplatpus07, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Laptop is running really slow and constantly crashing/freezing.

I have a laptop that I bought in 2015 and after 2-3 years it started to become a bit slower, but after doing some cleaning it started to run just fine. It's a windows 8.1 laptop and I only upgraded it to windows 10 recently, like 2 months ago. For the past year, the laptop has noticeably became pretty slow and is now constantly freezing crashing. I decided to upgrade my laptop to windows 10, but when I started installing it, a message popped up saying installation failed. I tried multiple fixes but nothing worked. I then completely reset the laptop, reinstalled Windows 8.1 and it was working fine for a couple of months until it started freezing again. I once again tried to instal Windows 10, and this time it installed. Since I installed Windows 10, everything was fine and worked as it should be until it started being slow again and continuously crashing. Sometimes it's normal, does everything as it should and works pretty fast, but sometimes it just freezes and crashes. Example: I turn on the laptop, wait for a couple of minutes until it is completely turns on, click on google chrome, it loads but nothing is opening after about a minute. I then try clicking it on the taskbar again, but the taskbar froze same as the desktop. When a program does open, I would use it for some time until it starts to not respond and just freeze. I try to restart the computer but the taskbar and the desktop is frozen so the only thing I have left to do is to hold the power button until it turns of, but if I do that, it then takes around 10-20 minutww to turn on.

What could be the problem. Please help. Windoes is up to date, everything is set to performance mode with minimal animations around windows. I have 400gb out of 500gb on my HDD. No programs running in the background or startup. I have used windows tools like disk defragment and disk cleanup. What could be the problem? Please help.

My laptop specs:

Cpu: Intel celeron n2830n

Ram: 4gb ddr3 (only one slot)

Storage: 500gb Toshiba HDD

Laptop: Toshiba satellite c50-b-14d.

I have also took apart the laptop and cleaned it with compressed air.

Please help, thanks.

submitted by /u/epicplatpus07
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/epicplatpus07, Aug 2, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 2, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 2, 2020
  4. sassy.gal Win User

Laptop is running really slow and constantly crashing/freezing.

slow and freezing laptop Windows 10

I have a Windows 10 laptop. It constantly freezes and is very slow. I tried to restore to earlier date. Didn't work. I turned laptop off and on after 5 minutes.

sassy.gal, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Laptop is running really slow and constantly crashing/freezing.

1. Laptop is running really slow and constantly crashing/freezing. - Similar Threads - Laptop running really

2. My computer is running really slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is running really slow: Hello, I would like some assistance as my computer recently started running really slow. This started about 2 weeks ago. Please feel free to give me a call at 518-764-1564...
  3. My computer is running really slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is running really slow: Hello, I would like some assistance as my computer recently started running really slow. This started about 2 weeks ago. Please feel free to give me a call at 518-764-1564...
  4. Laptop is really slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is really slow: Hi My Hp Pro x2 is really slow and it's only 2 years old! I really need help ASAP cause I have lots of work to get done on it and it takes forever for it to start up! Please can you give me advice. THANKS!!!...
  5. Laptop really slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop really slow: Hello, I have an HP laptop purchased 6 years ago. It is running on windows 10. Since I got it, the laptop is really slow, not able to go on a normal website page quick, takes time to load. I have performed a spy bot search and destroy, defragment, disk cleanup, run Avast...
  6. Windows 10 constantly crashing and running extremely slow

Windows 10 constantly crashing and running extremely slow: As the title says, ive had trouble with Windows 10 recently. When i turned on my pc today, i noticed that Windows was extremely slow, and it kept freezing. It then froze completely, so had to force the shut down by pressing and holdong the off button. After that, i turned my...
  7. Computer started running really slow

Computer started running really slow: My computer started running really slow yesterday and is still continuing that today. Is there something I can run to find out why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-started-running-really-slow/b031b823-0ac5-4647-b77d-29489da6e135
  8. Laptop running really slow.

Laptop running really slow.: Hi, Looking for help as my laptop takes about 5 secs to load every time I click something. Takes ever longer when I minimize an application and switch to another(that is already open). I just wanted to make sure if my laptop performance is just normal for the specs it has,...
  9. Constant freezing and slow to respond

Constant freezing and slow to respond: Since I've installed win 10 I've ran into countless problems. I had the black screen with white cursor which turned out to be the integrated graphics displaying it on my second monitor which was off at the time. So fixed that. Now the annoying part. Once it boots to desktop...
  10. Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow

Brand New Laptop Is Running Really Slow: I just brought a brand new HP Pavillion 360 and it came with windows 10 already installed. Everytime I do anything whether it's starting up or opening a programme it takes a really long time and I can't figure out why I've googled it and found most people say it's because of...