Windows 10: Laptop is slow, can't find out why

Discus and support Laptop is slow, can't find out why in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I've had this laptop for a year and a half now and for some time I've been having issues with performance. The wifi speed is really slow even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by YonTon, Nov 21, 2016.

1. YonTon Win User

Laptop is slow, can't find out why

Hello,
    I've had this laptop for a year and a half now and for some time I've been having issues with performance. The wifi speed is really slow even when I'm on my school's wifi. My friend got something around 130mbps on his macbook and when I tested mine I barely got 20mbps. My disk usage used to be at 100% all the time, but right now that's not happening, and I don't know why. Usually webpages load at a decent speed but sometimes it gets pretty hung up and takes a good 10 seconds to load. I've gone on the product page for my laptop and made sure to install all of the latest drivers, but nothing seems to be helping anything. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Atheros Wifi drivers many, many times and I have not seen anything fix the issue.

Here is a link to my laptop's product page
    Satellite L55t-B5278 Support | Toshiba

Also, I'm using windows 10

I'm not an idiot with computers and I've solved countless problems on my own with my desktop, but I just can't seem to find any fix for this at all. Pretty desperate at this point, I would appreciate any help I can get.

:)

YonTon, Nov 21, 2016

2. APP caches.

Clearing cache will slow down your system because it must gather the data from slower sources instead of quickly referencing the cache data.

If your laptop is slow, you can usually find out why by pressing Ctrl-Shift-Escape and finding which app is causing the slowness. It may just be busy and will be quick again when the app finishes working. Here's a full description on how to

Fix a Sluggish Slow PC without hassles

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Nov 21, 2016
  3. Unable to locate bluetooth-transferred files on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hi. I transferred some video files from phone to laptop via bluetooth, no problem, but I CAN'T FIND them on my laptop in Windows 10. Where are they stored? I don't have a folder called Bluetooth Exchange or whatever.

A related question... When I tried to transfer video and audio files from smartphone to laptop via USB, none of those files were visible on my laptop. That is why I had to do it the very slow way of Bluetooth. (Took like 8 hours!) Any ideas why I can't find
    those files when I have my phone connected to my laptop with USB? I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime, android 5.0.2 and Windows 10.

Thanks!

sacredsoul, Nov 21, 2016
Thema:

Laptop is slow, can't find out why

1. Laptop is slow, can't find out why - Similar Threads - Laptop slow can't

2. why can't I find a bluetooth device on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't I find a bluetooth device on my laptop: I'm trying to find a bluetooth icon on my laptop but I can't find it. Guys please help. I'm also trying to transfer files from the laptop to my phone but they are not debuging ?...
  3. why can't I find a bluetooth device on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't I find a bluetooth device on my laptop: I'm trying to find a bluetooth icon on my laptop but I can't find it. Guys please help. I'm also trying to transfer files from the laptop to my phone but they are not debuging ?...
  4. Laptop can't find adapter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop can't find adapter.: I'll try to provide as much info as possible.My laptop is an HP CQ58-BF9WM running Windows 8.1. It started having trouble connecting to the Internet, so I uninstalled the driver...only, it didn't reinstall when I restarted the computer, so now I have no connectivity at all.I...
  5. Laptop can't find adapter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop can't find adapter.: I'll try to provide as much info as possible.My laptop is an HP CQ58-BF9WM running Windows 8.1. It started having trouble connecting to the Internet, so I uninstalled the driver...only, it didn't reinstall when I restarted the computer, so now I have no connectivity at all.I...
  6. One drive full, but can't find out why

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One drive full, but can't find out why: My Onedrive says it is full 10gb, but when I go to storage metrics to remove files it only shows around 2gb.As shown below.I tried to disconnect and reconnect my computer several times, but that did not help.Hope someone can help me....
  7. Why is this laptop so slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is this laptop so slow: I am helping a friend figure out why his Laptop is so slow. It is an Toshiba Satellite l855d (PSKGEC-00L007) It has 8gb of ram so that isn’t the problem It has 98.8gb of the 496gb hard drive used so the storage isn’t the problem Full specs...
  8. Trying to find out why my computer is so slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Trying to find out why my computer is so slow: Laptop, it's kind of lived, it came with Windows 7 on it, i7, 4gigs. I upgraded to Windows 10. During the last few months it's gotten really slow. Windows take a long time to open when I click on them. Clicking the start button takes a while to open. My Disk is essentially...
  9. Trying to find out why my computer is so slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to find out why my computer is so slow: Laptop, it's kind of lived, it came with Windows 7 on it, i7, 4gigs. I upgraded to Windows 10. During the last few months it's gotten really slow. Windows take a long time to open when I click on them. Clicking the start button takes a while to open. My Disk is essentially...
  10. Laptop slow out of the box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop slow out of the box: So I got a Lenovo ideapad 330-15IGM back in July, and ever since I started using it, it's been pretty slow. I've tried updating things including BIOS, I've scanned for viruses, I've tried decreasing visual effects, but it's still slow. Sometimes when I go to task manager, the...