Windows 10: Laptop is slower after new windows update

Discus and support Laptop is slower after new windows update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm not sure if it was the new windows update but my chrome browser and other things,for example minecraft take longer to open,and chrome stops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Joseph_Foster, May 13, 2020.

1. Laptop is slower after new windows update

I'm not sure if it was the new windows update but my chrome browser and other things,for example minecraft take longer to open,and chrome stops responding to clicks and it even takes awhile to close. Does anyone know what the problem is?

submitted by /u/Joseph_Foster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Joseph_Foster, May 13, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Laptop is slower after new windows update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 13, 2020
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, May 13, 2020
  4. Laptop is slower after new windows update

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Laptop is slower after new windows update

1. Laptop is slower after new windows update - Similar Threads - Laptop slower update

2. Windows 10 slower after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 slower after update: In today's update my computer is pretty slow no idea why, any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slower-after-update/efffd52d-8441-4ee9-acbd-971ceb2efc47
  3. laptop slower on battery

laptop slower on battery: specs: ryzen 5 4600h 8gb ram nvidea 1650 mobile gpu my laptop is running games at locked 30fps on battery, i have all settings in windows set to max performance but it wont do anything. is this something to do with the graphics driver there isnt anything else i can...
  4. PC became slower after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC became slower after update: So recently, i installed the update that told me that if i didn't install it, i wouldn't have a supported version of windows 10 anymore. So i downloaded it and after that i go on youtube and when a video is open, everything scrolls at like 20 fps. This also happens on...
  5. A program is running slower after I updated Windows to a new version

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A program is running slower after I updated Windows to a new version: So a week ago my windows updated from 1909 version to 2004. The update was completed with success and now it is running great and without any problem. But the issue is: the program that I use to work was working normal and smoothly but when I updated to this new version the...
  6. laptop feels slower after hdd replacement

laptop feels slower after hdd replacement: the ssd I was using failed and had corrupt windows files so I got a hdd and replaced it. The hdd is SATA-III 6/Gbs 500 gb any reason why it would be a little slower?...
  7. Updates Are Making My Laptop Slower

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates Are Making My Laptop Slower: Hi, I want to ask a question regarding Windows updates. At first, let me list my laptop specs: Acer Switch 10 Intel Atom Z3735F 2 GB DDR3 32 GB eMMC Intel HD Graphics (integrated GPU) Windows 10 Home (32-bit) Usually, after a couple of months, I reset or reinstall...
  8. Laptop running slower & slower

Laptop running slower & slower: I have a Toshiba S75-A7270 with a 700Gb Hard drive with only 164GB used and 8Gb memory. Running Windows 10 build 17134. It has an intel i5-3230M processor. Bios version is 2.7 and Bios mode is UEFI. This machine has been getting slower and slower. It boots up slowly and...
  9. My laptop is becoming slower and slower

My laptop is becoming slower and slower: I've had a Lenovo ideapad 110 for about 2 years. It seems to be getting slower and slower: start up, browsing, saving anything are all getting slower. We're connected to the NBN and our internet provider is Telstra. I don't seem to have any control over what Microsoft and...
  10. Brand new laptop slower than old one

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Brand new laptop slower than old one: Two weeks ago I bought a Lenovo ideapad 320. The specs are in the "System Two" tab of the 'My Computers' info below. The problem is everything runs much slower than my older laptop ("System One" below). The worst issue is that Chrome takes 13 seconds to launch a completely...