Windows 10: Laptop is sometimes slow and sometimes gets painfully slow and rarely normal and reaches a...

Discus and support Laptop is sometimes slow and sometimes gets painfully slow and rarely normal and reaches a... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I gave my ASUS TUF FX504 1TB SSD and 16 GB RAM for servicing twice after I had purchased it in late 2018 September I think. Ever since it was working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vighnesh Bilgi, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Laptop is sometimes slow and sometimes gets painfully slow and rarely normal and reaches a...

I gave my ASUS TUF FX504 1TB SSD and 16 GB RAM for servicing twice after I had purchased it in late 2018 September I think.

Ever since it was working fine till somewhere in July 2020 a windows update messed it up.

My laptop would suddenly have horrible boot time, It would take several minutes to load simple word document and pdf files or even running multiple

applications at the same time as keeping firefox, word, pdf, potplayer open in the background.

Sometimes opening WIndows Explorer is painfully slow with 100 % disk usage!

I did whatever I could by following online videos and articles regarding this issue:

First of, the obvious not in any order:

1. Cleaned out Recycle Bin

2. Disabled unnecessary Startup Applications

3. Updated all me Drivers thru Driver Booster

4. Made sure there was enough space in my C Drive

5. Keep Laptop in High-performance mode

6. Uninstalled Win Update on July on 2020 worked for a while then went slow again, then installed it again because I read somewhere that updating it may help

7. Uninstalled Antivirus

Secondly, I started going a bit technical not in any particular order:

1. I did "chkdsk /f C:" a lot initially for everytime my laptop performed slow. Then recently did "chkdsk /f /r C:"

2. I disabled some services like SysMain, DiagTrcak and Windows Search

3. Reset Virtual Memory changed initial and maximum size 3 times, the last one I took advice from this YouTuber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2UtaPvGevs

What I tried but didn't or couldn't do :

1. I wanted to perform disk defragmentation by clicking Start Maintenance on Control Panel, couldn't directly do it through Defragment and Optimize Drives, cuz the option would always be greyed out , but it was taking way too long and I need my laptop for work so I cancelled it twice.

2. I tried using the "clean boot" technique , but that was much worse , my laptop showed me BSOD twice saying something about internal_power_error,

thankfully it auto restarted twice , but still slow. Didn't do it again out of fear I may get permanently mees up my laptop.

I gave my laptop for servicing on the 2nd week of August , but tey claimed they found it was working fine.

Upon returning it, It worked well for a several hours , tell it went slow again.

So , This past weekend 15 and 16 Aug 2020 I decided to RESEST my pc WITH KEEPING FILES , the outcome :

It was still terrible slow, with disk usage skyrocketing to 100.

So I decide to uninstall the Windows update I got on 17 Aug 2020, outcome :

Slow, but I re-installed it , but then it worked fine and smooth for two days 17 and 18 Aug.

Then as I was slowly reinstalling some not all software that was removed.

This could be the issue. BUT IT SHOULDN'T BE!

MY LAPTOP HAS AMAZING SPECS, yet it performs slower than my old Dell Inspiron Laptop. I am not choking my laptop with every application!

I still have 411 GB free out of 930 GB post Reset!

I am gonna try to repeat the steps of whatever I read online again. But I would gladly appreciate whatever help I can get from you guys.

Thank you!

:)

Vighnesh Bilgi, Aug 19, 2020
  2. kailashXJ Win User

downloading painfully slow

I upgrade win 8.1 to win 10 after sometime i notice that downloading painfully slow................ If there any solution..? Then please tell me...................

Thanks

kailashXJ, Aug 19, 2020
  3. Win 10 is painfully slow.

Since upgrading to win10 my computer is painfully slow. My comp is an Asus with an i7 4500 2.4 , 16GB Ram

How can I speed it up?

HalClayton, Aug 19, 2020
  4. Laptop is sometimes slow and sometimes gets painfully slow and rarely normal and reaches a...

Windows 10 - Painfully slow

Mine's the same. Painfully slow! And no, it's not at all the gradual aging of a computer. It was super fast and responsive until the moment Windows 10 went on. Now each double click just on a folder in the file explorer takes a long time to open and respond.

Windows 10 looks shiny and new, but under the hood it's so much slower than what it replaced.

Drivers have been updated too, so any other suggestions would be welcome!

Thanks!

GrahamKell, Aug 19, 2020
Thema:

Laptop is sometimes slow and sometimes gets painfully slow and rarely normal and reaches a...

1. Laptop is sometimes slow and sometimes gets painfully slow and rarely normal and reaches a... - Similar Threads - Laptop sometimes slow

2. The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes): I have some menus on the taskbar. Click the double >> arrow and you get a menu, like in this picture. Sometimes the menu pops up immediately. But other times it takes five or ten seconds. Why so slow? FYI: Windows 10/1809, i7-7700K, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM 184113
  3. The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes)

in Windows 10 Support
    The taskbar menu is slow (sometimes): I have some menus on the taskbar. Click the double >> arrow and you get a menu, like in this picture. Sometimes the menu pops up immediately. But other times it takes five or ten seconds. Why so slow? FYI: Windows 10/1809, i7-7700K, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB RAM 183882
  4. Computer sometimes gets slow.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer sometimes gets slow.: And by slow I mean it is fucked. Can't open firefox, cant open snipping tool, i couldnt even create a .txt file! etc etc. This is fixed by a simple reboot, with the the power supply switch, because the normal shut down button wont do anything. I will also mention that...
  5. Laptop sometimes slow-mos for a second

Laptop sometimes slow-mos for a second: Hello, I have this weird problem with my laptop: sometimes, randomly, everything slows down to a crawl for more or less a second. And I mean really everything, audio, video, inputs. I’m trying to find a source of this problem. The machine is the one on my profile. It has a...
  6. Program is sometimes normal and sometimes maximized only.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program is sometimes normal and sometimes maximized only.: Hi, I need help. I work with a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 running whatever version of Windows 10 shipped on it. When I run a program - any program - it starts in one of two modes. I will call them Mode 1 and Mode 2. Mode 1 is just like the sort of behavior that I have...
  7. windows sometimes loads very very slow sometimes works.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows sometimes loads very very slow sometimes works.: soo long story short. i been having problems with my pc. i would record game plays then pc would freeze. hard reset try it again and it would freeze. then sometimes it would work fine no problems. now it would freeze after inputting my password to windows. it would load a...
  8. Laptop slow to load pages, and sometimes gets hung up on web pages

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop slow to load pages, and sometimes gets hung up on web pages: My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. It has a large hard drive so I know I have plenty of space and memory storage. I looked at my task manager and I have a slew of programs running in the background. There are some that are listed twice. There are a few that have a...
  9. Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up

Laptop slowing down, and sometimes completely locking up: Hi, I'm having a strange issue that could be simple to fix, or could be something much worse. I bought this laptop a few years ago, installed a SSD, and received random BSOD's once in every 2-3 weeks maybe, so I just put up with it. But the SSD has eventually stopped...
  10. slow cold boot (sometimes)

slow cold boot (sometimes): Ok, have a Sabertooth x79/3930k and an Intel 750ssd 1.2tb. Sometimes on a cold boot it will take say 15 seconds to load to desktop and sometimes over double that 30 seconds or so. Also it warm boots consistently in the 30 second range. Any help to understand the cold...