Windows 10: Laptop is stuck at shut down

Discus and support Laptop is stuck at shut down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have recently done a clean reinstall of windows 10. Earlier I had no issues but now whenever I shut down my laptop its stuck at the shutting down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Adhiraj Singh, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Laptop is stuck at shut down

I have recently done a clean reinstall of windows 10. Earlier I had no issues but now whenever I shut down my laptop its stuck at the shutting down window. I left my laptop at the shut down window hoping that it will shut down eventually but it remains stuck so I forced shut down my laptop. I thought that it was a one time issue but now every time I shut down my laptop its stuck at the shutting down window.

:)

Adhiraj Singh, Nov 15, 2021
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Nov 15, 2021
  3. Laptop stuck at 'Shutting down' on starting with the loading circle rotating

It is stuck at Shutting down screen with that moving circle there

You need to do a "Forced Shutdown":

• Press and hold the power button until the laptop powers off
    • Press the power button again to restart the laptop.

DavidPostill, Nov 15, 2021
  4. Laptop is stuck at shut down

windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 15, 2021
Thema:

Laptop is stuck at shut down

1. Laptop is stuck at shut down - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck shut

2. My Laptop Stuck At Shut Down Screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Laptop Stuck At Shut Down Screen.: My Laptop Stuck at ShutDown Screen Just Process Keep going On but not shutting down And My Keyboard is not Working, What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-stuck-at-shut-down-screen/2c41c34f-6f69-4e6d-9fc4-6a170e10c1da
  3. My Laptop Stuck At Shut Down Screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Stuck At Shut Down Screen.: My Laptop Stuck at ShutDown Screen Just Process Keep going On but not shutting down And My Keyboard is not Working, What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-stuck-at-shut-down-screen/2c41c34f-6f69-4e6d-9fc4-6a170e10c1da
  4. Stuck on shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on shutting down: Hi, I need help with my windows 10/11 computer and they get stuck on shutting down. I tried replacing the hard drive I backed up all of my data and replaced it to the other hard drive and also I tried an SSD and they didn’t fix it I tried. I enabled status, messages and...
  5. Stuck on shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck on shutting down: Hi, I need help with my windows 10/11 computer and they get stuck on shutting down. I tried replacing the hard drive I backed up all of my data and replaced it to the other hard drive and also I tried an SSD and they didn’t fix it I tried. I enabled status, messages and...
  6. Stuck on shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Stuck in Shutting Down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Shutting Down: My laptop has been stuck in shutting down lately then blue screen right after. May I ask how to solve this? Thank you.PS: I have included the dump files in the link below.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amvk0yAZWVBkmVKmxyCi2jzOlAOk?e=AE8dji...
  8. Stuck in Shutting Down

Stuck in Shutting Down: My laptop has been stuck in shutting down lately then blue screen right after. May I ask how to solve this? Thank you.PS: I have included the dump files in the link below.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Amvk0yAZWVBkmVKmxyCi2jzOlAOk?e=AE8dji...
  9. Laptop is stuck at shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is stuck at shut down: I have recently done a clean reinstall of windows 10. Earlier I had no issues but now whenever I shut down my laptop its stuck at the shutting down window. I left my laptop at the shut down window hoping that it will shut down eventually but it remains stuck so I forced shut...
  10. Laptop is stuck at shut down

Laptop is stuck at shut down: I have recently done a clean reinstall of windows 10. Earlier I had no issues but now whenever I shut down my laptop its stuck at the shutting down window. I left my laptop at the shut down window hoping that it will shut down eventually but it remains stuck so I forced shut...