Windows 10: Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

Discus and support Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop hasn't been working since yesterday. I restarted the device for updates and I have been waiting for it to get done. I've tried to turn it off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sneakerdoodle, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

My laptop hasn't been working since yesterday. I restarted the device for updates and I have been waiting for it to get done. I've tried to turn it off and on so many times but still doesn't work. Please help.

:)

Sneakerdoodle, Aug 6, 2022

2. msi vr630 laptop screen seems to be stuck in sleep mode.

Alright here goes.

When I turn my laptop on the "moon" symbol on the lower right hand side is highlighted and after a few seconds the screen will "turn off".
    When I close the screen for a while and the power button starts flickering I can press it to bring the laptop out of hibernation and it will work for about 8 seconds before turning off again.

It doesn't appear to be a loose cord problem because there is no flickering and I managed to disable sleep and hibernation mode from both the battery and plugged in modes (with a lot of patience using the method mentioned above) but it hasn't resolved anything.

Any help for a new forum member?

greenranger, Aug 6, 2022
  3. Frank_S_R Win User
    Black screen after sleep mode

Hello.

I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to
    shut down by pressing the power button and something weird happens: if I'm not charging the laptop, it shuts down but as soon as I turn it on again, it only shows the black screen and the computer is on; if being off I start charging it, it automatically turns
    on with the black screen. It seems that if it is charching I'm unable to force it to shut down. I have also tried to run it with another os in an USB stick and still it doesn't work.

I have read that this is due to the las update in September. In some places it is suggested to use ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work for me. They also suggest changing some settings in the computer, but I am not able to even access any settings because
    the laptop is still in the "running mode" with black screen.

Is there any solution for this? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Frank_S_R, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

Laptop Screen Stays Black after Sleep Mode

Hi Danielle,

Improper power plan settings or a possible fault on the display driver after the recent update can cause your screen to stay black when waking from sleep mode. As an initial step to prevent this from happening, we suggest that you restore the power plan
    settings to default. To do this, follow these steps:

• Type Command Prompt in the search box. From the search result, right-click on
      Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste or type in the command below:

powercfg -restoredefaultschemes
    • Press Enter and wait for the command to finish.

Note:
      This option will delete all custom power plans and restore the built in power plan settings of your device.

In the event that you encounter the same issue after restoring the power plan settings, ensure that your device display driver is updated. You can follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to update your drivers and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

1. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode - Similar Threads - Laptop stuck black

2. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  3. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after sleep mode: When I open my computer after being idle and seemingly go into sleep mode, I can't wake it up and it stays in a black screen. So, I end up having to do a hard restart. I have tried pressing CRTL ALT DEL. Any ideas?...
  4. Laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop stuck on black screen: My acer aspire laptop is stuck on a black screen. The power light is on when I press the power button but the screen is just black. When I try do press shift-Ctrl-windows-B it will flicker but still remains black. It’s fully charged but just nothing. This happened before a...
  5. Laptop stuck on black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop stuck on black screen: My acer aspire laptop is stuck on a black screen. The power light is on when I press the power button but the screen is just black. When I try do press shift-Ctrl-windows-B it will flicker but still remains black. It’s fully charged but just nothing. This happened before a...
  6. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode: My laptop hasn't been working since yesterday. I restarted the device for updates and I have been waiting for it to get done. I've tried to turn it off and on so many times but still doesn't work. Please help....
  7. Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop is stuck on black screen - sleep mode: My laptop hasn't been working since yesterday. I restarted the device for updates and I have been waiting for it to get done. I've tried to turn it off and on so many times but still doesn't work. Please help....
  8. Black Screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen after sleep mode: Hi, I need help course my screen stays black after boot but I hear a beep, if I plug in my power supply. I set my pc in screen of mode and sleep. After 15 min I came back and could do anything with it, so I rebooted it. After the reboot it stays at a black screen but I can...
  9. Black screen after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after sleep mode: Hello. I updated windows last Saturday 19th September 2020 and after leaving it in sleep mode it doesn't work anymore. The computer is running, but the screen is black. I have already tried to press ctrl+shift+windows+B, but it doesn't work. When I force it to shut down by...
  10. Stuck in black screen when in sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in black screen when in sleep: My laptop has been doing this for a while now and I don't know how to fix it. Every time my laptop goes to sleep, the HDD light doesn't switch off and the fan keeps running. When I press the power button, move my mouse, or press any key, my laptop gets stuck in a black screen...