Windows 10: laptop is using internal mic while headset is plugged in.

Discus and support laptop is using internal mic while headset is plugged in. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Recently, i had a problem, my mic volume was too low. tutorials told me to reinstall realtek audio manager. now the problem is fixed but my laptop is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ethan Cheung_69, May 5, 2019.

1. laptop is using internal mic while headset is plugged in.

Recently, i had a problem, my mic volume was too low. tutorials told me to reinstall realtek audio manager. now the problem is fixed but my laptop is using my internal microphone and jnot the one on my headset. i have had this problem before and i solved it by watching a youtube vidoe. but now i can't find it. please help. my keyboard is loud and my friends can hear it and they are very annoyed.

:)

Ethan Cheung_69, May 5, 2019
  2. Windbrand Win User

Laptop won't detect built-in mic on headsets/earbuds

I'm running Windows 10 home on a Lenovo Ideapad laptop, and it doesn't detect the mic on any of my headsets/earbuds. I can hear playback fine on my headsets/earbuds, but it can't speak through them, since it insists on using the laptop's internal mic. This results in my typing/mouse clicks all being captured on audio.

• In sound properties recording tab, I just see "microphone (Realtek high def audio)" and "stereo mix (Realtek high def audio)"
    • In sound properties playback tab, I just see "speakers (Realtek high def audio)", yet I hear audio fine on my headsets/earbuds?
    • In device manager, it doesn't detect a headset either, displays the same list as the recording tab
    So do all 3 of my headsets/earbuds have some kind of "plug and play but stays invisible to the OS" feature? One of them is the default Apple earbuds, I'm 100% sure there's a mic on there and these are brand new, so they aren't broken. Are these not supposed to appear as a "headset" device with the headset icon in sound properties?

Windbrand, May 5, 2019
  3. Headset Mics not detected

Whenever I plug in a headset a prompt comes up asking what type of device I have plugged in, I have tried headset and mic. I have tried multiple headsets. I plug them all into the audio jack and the sound comes through but whenever I try to record with
    the attached mic the laptops internal mic records instead of the one on the attached headset. I have also gone into the settings to try and change which mic pics up the audio, yet when I get to it the only option is the computers internal mic. Why is there
    no option for the mic on the headset I have plugged in?

Zachchaney0, May 5, 2019
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

laptop is using internal mic while headset is plugged in.

Headset Mic "Not Plugged In"

Hi,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Did you already try to plugged the headset into another port which indicating the mic and headset icon?
    • When did the issue first occur?
    • Did you already try to use another headset to other devices and check if you are encountering the same issue?
    Regards.

Ma. Lau, May 5, 2019
Thema:

laptop is using internal mic while headset is plugged in.

1. laptop is using internal mic while headset is plugged in. - Similar Threads - laptop using internal

2. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  3. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  4. Headset is plugged in but mic is displaying as disconnected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset is plugged in but mic is displaying as disconnected: Have updated all drivers, tested it on other devices to make sure it was working, made sure it was able to connect in privacy settings, tried to run windows troubleshooting (to no avail as the device isn't even appearing). Also, when looking at device in the sound control...
  5. Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic

Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic: Hi, so I've had this problem for a while now and having trouble finding a solution. When I go into my sound settings, I don't even see my headset there, only the built in mic. Any suggestions would be appreciated. submitted by /u/theinevitable420 [link] [comments]...
  6. Laptop using built in mic rather than plugged in headset mic?

Laptop using built in mic rather than plugged in headset mic?: Laptop using built in mic rather than plugged in mic? I’ve been having this problem ever since I purchased my laptop. The laptop model is the Alienware m15 r3, and the headset is the Razer Kraken X, 3.5mm variant. When using the headset plugged in, the laptop uses the built...
  7. Headset mic showing as not plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic showing as not plugged in.: So, recently, my microphone stopped working on the computer. Strangely enough, I had sound on the headset, but its built-in microphone doesn't function at all on the computer. I know the microphone isn't the problem because both the microphone and the speakers work on all my...
  8. Use Laptop internal built-in mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use Laptop internal built-in mic: Hello, I have a pair of headphones that have no mic in them. I was wondering if it was possible to use my laptops internal built-in mic while the my headphones are plugged in basically audio comes from the headphones, but I use the laptop's mic. My laptop has a single 3.5mm...
  9. Headset and mic are shown as plugged in but they are not

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headset and mic are shown as plugged in but they are not: I use Turtlebeach Recon 50 headset and microphone. Since the last week I’ve encountered an issue because my computer shows this headset and mic as plugged in but they are not. When I plug in the headset, I have a problem with sound because it comes through the headset but...
  10. Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset & mic shown as plugged in when not, mic not working when plugged in: Hello, I've been having this issue where my headset and microphone (Turtlebeach Recon 50) is showing as plugged in when disconnected. When plugging in, sound comes through the headset but no sound goes the microphone. I've deleted and reinstalled the drivers multiple times...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows is using headset microphone and internal microphone

2. laptop using internal speakers and mic instead of headset