Windows 10: Laptop is very very slow suddenly so I formatted c drive and clean installed windows but is...

Discus and support Laptop is very very slow suddenly so I formatted c drive and clean installed windows but is... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Laptop is taking hours and hours to start when i was clean installing windows it took almost 12 hours i cant do anything on my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vssd3, Oct 3, 2020.

1. vssd3 Win User

Laptop is very very slow suddenly so I formatted c drive and clean installed windows but is...

Laptop is taking hours and hours to start when i was clean installing windows it took almost 12 hours i cant do anything on my pc

:)

vssd3, Oct 3, 2020
  2. DuxCro Win User

HDD with clean install of windows 7 suddenly incredibly slow

I had windows 10 installed, but i had to format my hard drive because windos 10 is a pile of garbage code. With every one of those big updates microsoft forces you to install, they fuc*ed something up. And finally with Fall creators update, they completely broke the OS. As soon as i updated, my OS started freezing at random. Before that, it was mostly fine. Anyways, i installed a clean copy of Windows 7 ultimate X64. But now, my problem is incredibly slow reading times for some reason. I have no idea why. The only logical explanation that i can come up with is Microsoft slowing it down with updates in order to force people into switching over to win 10.

I tested the readspeed of the drive with HD tune. As you can see, it starts with speed arround 150MB/s, and then it drops down to single digit read speeds. WTF?

UPDATE

Hah. Well, never mind. I found the problem. I have this program called Driver Booster Pro installed. It is supposed to find all the latest drivers for your hardware automatically. And it installed the wrong SATA drivers. As soon as i uninstalled them, windows installed the proper drivers from Windows update. And now hdd speeds are high again. Well...as high as they can be for a freakin hdd. *Smile Laptop is very very slow suddenly so I formatted c drive and clean installed windows but is... :)

DuxCro, Oct 3, 2020
  3. C: drive wrong format

some how and not knowing when my C drive on my laptop became a format GPT?
    I noticed it when trying to do a re deploy using Macrium.
    right now I am doing a clean all.
    could some tell me what steps to be sure it will be ntfs when I will be re installing 1511 10586 which I just created.
    Will a clean install put everything right?
    Shipinomore

shipinomore10, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Laptop is very very slow suddenly so I formatted c drive and clean installed windows but is...

How to format on Windows 7

just format from the installer on the windows 7 DVD. the options there when you choose which drive to install on.

i suggest partiotining the drive, i run with a 60GB C: drive, but then move my user folder to the D: partition - so that when i format/reinstall, my desktop/my docs, etc, dont get lost.

Mussels, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop is very very slow suddenly so I formatted c drive and clean installed windows but is... - Similar Threads - Laptop very very

2. Laptop is very slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop is very slow.: My laptop works very slow and the movement of cursor hangs. How can I rectify this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-is-very-slow/ab767d4c-3975-43c5-884f-8f2341832826
  3. Windows suddenly very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows suddenly very slow: This morning everything just fine, I played one game called Burnout, frames are fine, everything at 60. Suddenly this afternoon and I don't know what triggers it, the frame just stutter. Like crazy, I didn't even change the settings, it just randomly drop, I test another...
  4. Windows suddenly very slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows suddenly very slow: This morning everything just fine, I played one game called Burnout, frames are fine, everything at 60. Suddenly this afternoon and I don't know what triggers it, the frame just stutter. Like crazy, I didn't even change the settings, it just randomly drop, I test another...
  5. Window 10 Laptop Suddenly Running Very Slow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Window 10 Laptop Suddenly Running Very Slow: Greetings, I have a fairly decent laptop with Windows 10 that has been working fine up until yesterday when my laptop sudden started being very slow. When I click on my folders, it would take up to 5secs for the folders window to pop up, which normally would be fairly...
  6. Laptop very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop very slow: I have Lenovo G5070,intel i3,ram 4 gb. I rarely use my laptop to play video or use notepad But last 6 months my laptop performance very slow. I tried windows 8.1 to 10 upgrade Format all drives Boot by usb many times Delete all partitions and new created then installed...
  7. Very slow (hours) to boot on clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Very slow (hours) to boot on clean install: Hello I have been having this problem even before I managed to install Windows 10. Initially I downloaded using Windows Media Creation Tool a copy of Windows 10 onto a USB, and booting from this was taking 15 minutes+ regularly. I'm not quite sure how but after formatting...
  8. Windows is suddenly working very slow.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows is suddenly working very slow.: Hello, so approximatelly 2 weeks ago, windows is running very slow. For example to open a Folder it needs usually 1-2 Minutes, when I run Chrome it is just not responding in 2 Minutes after running(so I use Mozilla). I thout that it was because of uninstalled updates, but I...
  9. laptop very slow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    laptop very slow: laptop very slow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-very-slow/d6f6bce5-a0fc-48fb-b69b-7412a141e3dd
  10. Very Slow Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very Slow Laptop: Hi there, My Acer OEM laptop has become very slow and is frustrating to no end. I want to reformat my hard disk and reinstall (clean stall) Win10. How do I go about this without me purchasing a Win10 product key?...