Windows 10: Laptop issues after update

Discus and support Laptop issues after update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi im trying to sort this laptop for my gf. The Battery seems to have had issues since the update. Going from being fine, to now lasting very little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JonnyH, Oct 4, 2015.

1. JonnyH Win User

Laptop issues after update

Hi im trying to sort this laptop for my gf.

The Battery seems to have had issues since the update. Going from being fine, to now lasting very little time when not plugged in. It loses 3/4% per minute, then completely shuts down at 80%.
    You plug it back in and its on 0%, charges gradually to 20% then magically claims its at 100% not long afterwards.

Ive done a systems diagnostics report which has failed continually on "System service checks". Ive done Sfc /scannow which reported no issues.

Has the Battery simply given up? Seems very odd timing & the laptop in general is much slower than before having used it previously. She wants to revert to the old windows, id rather get it sorted for her.

Thanks for any help & suggestions

:)

JonnyH, Oct 4, 2015
  2. ycecold Win User

Windows 10 update 15063 crash when installing

Hello,

I got an issue with the windows 10 update 15063. I just bought a new laptop and after booting up i used windows 10-upgradeassistant to update my laptop. After the download i had to restart and the laptop crashed while trying to install. Without this update
    i can't update Geforce experience which is annoying. Does someone know how to fix this issue?

Regards

ycecold, Oct 4, 2015
  3. Laptop update issue...

There is a known issue that Windows update might throw the error you said, but you can try installing the update manually:

https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/10655...

If that doesn't help, wait until next Tuesday when the next set of updates are out.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 4, 2015
  4. Laptop issues after update

What make and model is the laptop? Asking because the main laptop manufacturers have OEM forums, which are chock full of problems folks have been having since their Win10 upgrades. IF you go to the OEM forum for your laptop, you may very well find the solution.

Mark Phelps, Oct 4, 2015
  5. JonnyH Win User
    Hi there, its a Samsung laptop NP-R540, cant seem to find a forum for Samsung laptops.

What i tried instead was to download Linux & test the system on a different operating system. The Battery still ran out pretty quickly, so im fairly sure thats the issue rather than Windows. Though i think the Laptops not having the easiest time running that either atm.

Thanks for the reply

JonnyH, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Laptop issues after update

1. Laptop issues after update - Similar Threads - Laptop issues update

2. Drivers Issue with my laptop after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers Issue with my laptop after updating the windows: Hi Microsoft Team, I have a big problem with my ilife zed note laptop this laptops had their original windows but I did not know so I update the windows 10 with the USB but now the drivers are missing all of drivers like wifi bluetooth camera touch all of them I am...
  3. Issue with Huawei laptop after running updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Huawei laptop after running updates: Hey! I bought a new laptop last week and after it ran windows updates and a BIOS update, it keeps giving me a blue screen and then restarts itself. The first day I used the laptop it had no issues. After the 14th of this month the problem started. Everytime, I uninstall the...
  4. Issue with Huawei laptop after running updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Huawei laptop after running updates: Hey! I bought a new laptop last week and after it ran windows updates and a BIOS update, it keeps giving me a blue screen and then restarts itself. The first day I used the laptop it had no issues. After the 14th of this month the problem started. Everytime, I uninstall the...
  5. Issue with laptop fan after updating to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with laptop fan after updating to Windows 11.: Hiii,So I upgraded to Windows 11 when it was first released last year one main issue I was experiencing was the fan noise every time even when the PC was idle so I thought maybe the Windows isn't optimized yet, so I reverted back to windows 10. But now after the 22H2 release,...
  6. Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with sleep issues after update 2004: Hi My laptop doesn't sleep after updating from 1903 factory default to version 2004. Before the update, the device was normal and going automatically to sleep when left idle for 10 minutes. No power setting was changed and Windows Update is always activated. I checked...
  7. Laptop with sleep issues after update 1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop with sleep issues after update 1903: Hi My laptop doesn't sleep after updating to version 1903. Before the update, the device was normal and going automatically to sleep when left idle for 10 minutes. No power setting was changed and Windows Update is always activated. I checked powercfg on cmd and it says USO...
  8. Laptop overheating issues after June 2019 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop overheating issues after June 2019 update: Hi Microsoft I use a Dell Inspiron 13 5368 laptop. The Windows 10 in my system automatically updated my laptop to the June 11, 2019 update (KB4503286) and since then I am experiencing extreme overheating issues with my system. My OS build is 17134.829. Please suggest a way...
  9. Many issues on laptop after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Many issues on laptop after update: Hello, I will try to describe my situation as better as possible (and sorry for any mistakes in English). I'm working in a helpdesk and one of our customer encountered issues with his laptop. Machine : Lenovo X1 Carbon 5th gen CPU : i5-7200U RAM : 8 Gb Disk : 256 Nvme...
  10. Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop battery and charging issues after recent update: I have a Lenovo T440 laptop and after a recent Windows 10 update it is refusing to charge the batteries (at least as far as I can see). Symptoms are as follows, plugged in to mains, no charging indicated and runs in battery only mode (dimmed screen, etc). If I disable the...