Windows 10: Laptop jack((3,5 mm) TRRS headphones problem!!

Discus and support Laptop jack((3,5 mm) TRRS headphones problem!! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have my headphones from my phone (it's an Allview P5Quad) and the problem is when I put the headphones at laptop the sound is distorted and i need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wolffyx, Aug 26, 2015.

1. wolffyx Win User

Laptop jack((3,5 mm) TRRS headphones problem!!

I have my headphones from my phone (it's an Allview P5Quad) and the problem is when I put the headphones at laptop the sound is distorted and i need to take them off a bit like 2 mm to have the right sound but on my brothers laptop when i put the headphones without take them off a bit the sound is not distorted .
    And what I want is if exist a program to recognise a TRRS headphone?
    And one more thing on my brothers laptop for example works if i put a TRRS (Left Audio, Right Audio, Ground, Microphone) or a TRRS (Left Audio, Right Audio,Microphone, Ground).

:)

wolffyx, Aug 26, 2015
  2. DrEJV Win User

N900 dont recognize original stereo headset

have you inserted any "cheap" headphones? I ruined my 770 many moons ago by plugging in a cheap headset that was just a bit too wide and long. The very slightly oversized jack bent one of the contacts and I could only get stereo if I put pressure on the
    connector. The other possibility is that you shorted the jack bu not using a TRRS jack, but using TRS mono jacks in the device.. see explaination below

From wikipedia

A 3.5 mm version of this plug is now commonly available on mobile telephones as well. A 3.5 mm stereo-plus-mic jack is available that is compatible with standard 3.5 mm stereo headphones. E.g. Nokia has been widely using TRRS connectors with 3.5 mm diameter
    since 2006. The selected pin assignment, with ground on the sleeve, is as well standardized in OMTP and has been accepted as a national chinese standard YDT 1885-2009.

TRRS plugs do not work properly with a TRS stereo jack if the ground contact in the jack connects to the microphone contact on the plug. It is therefore a good practice to implement new TRS headphone jacks using actually a TRRS mechanical jacks and connecting
    ground to sleeve as well as the second ring contact. This way such jacks will provide better compatibility with different TRRS cell phone headsets.

DrEJV, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Listen to radio without headphone

The headphones works as antenna, - so you need to either use a internetradio app, or you need a antenna through a 3,5 mm jack - and then use the loudspeaker. Or you could connect your headphones/earplugs and use the loudspeaker.

Fender77---01, Aug 26, 2015
Thema:

Laptop jack((3,5 mm) TRRS headphones problem!!

1. Laptop jack((3,5 mm) TRRS headphones problem!! - Similar Threads - Laptop jack TRRS

2. 3.5 mm Audio Jack Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3.5 mm Audio Jack Problem: Hello! I am using Dell Inspiron 15 5502 with windows 11 on it. At first 3.5 mm jack does not respond to the connected device windows 10 shows connected headphones, so no hardware issue. After an update, you can connect hands-free to the laptop and windows detect it once....
  3. 3.5 mm Audio Jack Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3.5 mm Audio Jack Problem: Hello! I am using Dell Inspiron 15 5502 with windows 11 on it. At first 3.5 mm jack does not respond to the connected device windows 10 shows connected headphones, so no hardware issue. After an update, you can connect hands-free to the laptop and windows detect it once....
  4. Headset microphones not working 3.5mm TRRS single-jack headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphones not working 3.5mm TRRS single-jack headphones: The only input device that could be the headset is the Stereo Mix RealtekR Audio- if it is not, then my laptop is not recognising microphones at all I have been testing my laptop with two headsets- one with a single audio jack and USB for LED, and the other with two...
  5. Unresponsive Jack 3,5 mm headphones, earphones and microphones

Unresponsive Jack 3,5 mm headphones, earphones and microphones: Hello...This will probably earn me a hit in the nape, but I tried fixing a microphone issue.My Laptol dell g3 3579 with Nvidia GTX 1050 and Geforce had this issue initially with a non-read microphone from a headset, something that I didn't notice until I was informed that my...
  6. 3.5 mm audio jack is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    3.5 mm audio jack is not working: I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10 Home Recently my laptop has stopped outputting sound through it's built in 3.5 mm audio jack. This is normally not a huge deal, as I can just use its bluetooth to connect to my headphones instead. I would, however, like to...
  7. Problems with Headphone jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Headphone jack: I just got a brand new Dell Latitude 5500 with Windows 10 Pro for work and the headphone jack isnt working. It wont detect headphones when I plug them in, it just keeps playing out of the computer speakers. If i restart the laptop with the headphones plugged in they work, but...
  8. Headphone jack problems.

Headphone jack problems.: Hey! So I got a new, unused pair of earbuds that come with a built-in microphone, which I don't plan to use. However, when I plug these into my front AUX jack, my PC is recognizing it as a microphone, and I can't get it to stop doing that. Has anyone else had this same issue...
  9. Headphone jack problem

Headphone jack problem: As i bought a new asus FX553 laptop ,it was working just fine but after a week a problem has been started in an headphone jack a static noise was is there and i have tried everything even updating the driver its not working can anyone help?...
  10. Headphone Jack Problem

Headphone Jack Problem: Hey everyone! Sorry to post another question, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere, unfortunately :( As you can see by the title, I have a problem with my headphone jack. What happens, is whenever I plug in my earphones (I've tried using a couple different pairs, the...