Windows 10: Laptop just got locked up while on MS Edge

Discus and support Laptop just got locked up while on MS Edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A message said to give username and password to reactivate windows or call 800 number. Doesn't feel proper. How may I reset windows to get message and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bob 1942, Aug 13, 2019 at 5:37 PM.

1. Bob 1942 Win User

Laptop just got locked up while on MS Edge

A message said to give username and password to reactivate windows or call 800 number. Doesn't feel proper. How may I reset windows to get message and bell gone?

:)

2. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Mister Azaruddin,

Did You prove to do your suggestion to enable flash player on MS Edge on Windows phone 10 ?

It seems not.

Regards,

Paulo Ernane

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

4. Laptop just got locked up while on MS Edge

Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Hi,

Check if you can enable to flash player on MS Edge browser. To do so, follow these steps.

• Open MS Edge browser and click on more actions [...].
    • Click on Settings and select View advanced settings
      tab.
    • Turn on Use Adobe Flash player and check if it works.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Aug 13, 2019 at 5:43 PM
Thema:

Laptop just got locked up while on MS Edge

1. Laptop just got locked up while on MS Edge - Similar Threads - Laptop got locked

2. I just got it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I just got it: Wish they get these people who do it, this pop-up + all windows scam, would like to see the scammer get caught, how do they make money? When I got it, I hit the x to close it....
  3. Laptop Locks Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Locks Up: I have a one month old Dell Inspiron 17-3000 laptop that locks up after the display times out. It doesn't go to sleep because the fan continues to run. I have to press the reset button down until the laptop turns off and then power up again. The power setting for my screen...
  4. PC lock up, while playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC lock up, while playing games.: Hello. New PC build in February and have been having random crashes only while games are running, I can not recreate the situation, crashes are sometimes days apart and other times I will get several in the same day. The crash is, PC will lock up completely as if a...
  5. My laptop is locked up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop is locked up.: My computer started running real slow about 3 days ago and now I can get to the desktop screen but cannot open any apps. I can move the pointer around and click but the point just "buffers" if that's the right word to use. I was wonder if a Control Alt. shift could work to...
  6. Just got Elite Dangerous

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just got Elite Dangerous: from Steam £4.99. I presume its single play, dont like multiplay. Tried training target practise, keeping ship on target was the hardest. 100876
  7. the edge just got hijacked

in Browsers and Email
    the edge just got hijacked: i am using chrome right now but earlier i was working with edge and went to find something thru Bing and the next thing i know is that this blue screen comes up saying to dial this 844# and prevent any further problems with ordering online or working on thru the internet...
  8. locked up laptop

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    locked up laptop: this started yesterday. i downloaded the ARK Dev Kit but when i tried to install i recieved this message, "the system admin has set policies to prevent this installation". i attempted some surface quick fixes. ie: turn off antivirus. did not help. eventually i ran this line...
  9. just installed Win 10 and i got no Store Or Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    just installed Win 10 and i got no Store Or Microsoft Edge: I had Just installed Windows 10 as a clean install over linux and i wanted to install apps but i had no windows 10 store and i had to use internet explorer to get a different browser because Microsoft Edge is nowhere to be found 53817
  10. Dell laptop locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell laptop locks up: I have a Dell E6500 which locks up when left idle for some period of time. This computer was sold new with Vista. When I bought it used it came with Windows 7 Professional. I have since upgraded it to Windows 10 Professional. I have had this problem running both 7...