Windows 10: Laptop just updated to 20H2, and now have a couple of problems

Discus and support Laptop just updated to 20H2, and now have a couple of problems in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Update happened this morning: System details now showing: Device name LAPTOP-S8VA4NE2 Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RogerTE, Mar 15, 2021.

1. RogerTE Win User

Laptop just updated to 20H2, and now have a couple of problems

Hi,

Update happened this morning: System details now showing:

Device name LAPTOP-S8VA4NE2
    Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz 1.50 GHz
    Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.7 GB usable
    Product ID 00325-96666-48821-AAOEM
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎15/‎03/‎2021
    OS build 19042.867
    Serial number LR0D92EN
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

Since the update several things not working properly including:

1 Solitaire Collection: now hangs when it tries to get the adds that intrude every so often. Completely unuseable now it thinks it needs to show an advert.

2 Feedback Hub, hangs on the splash screen. so wasn't able to use it to report this problem!

To be honest neither of the first 2 are a major problem to me but the first is really upsetting my wife!

:)

RogerTE, Mar 15, 2021

2. Update 20h2

Hi Wicki,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 3 year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

20H2 should not be installed right-away on your device - MS said the rollout is only to a fraction of users and would be labeled as an optional update initially. Are you enrolled in WIP?

You may uninstall 20H2 using the steps below:

https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2020/10/uninst...

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Mar 15, 2021
  3. Gazzav Win User
    Problem updating 2 laptops

I have two older laptops that I have been trying to update to Windows V2004 or 20H2. I had no problems updating my ASUS laptop or desktops to 2004 and 20H2.

The HP Model 15-bwO32AU when I try to update gets to a boot operation and it comes back after I have to restart the laptop and restores to 1909. Once restored it gives error code 0xc1900101-ox20017 The installation failed in the Safe_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation.

The Toshiba Satellite L500 Part No PSLS3A_049002 when I try to update gets to a boot operation and it comes back after I have to restart the laptop and restores to 1909. Once restored it gives error code 0xc1900101-0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation.

I have tried every suggested fix from this site, Microsoft site and every other site I can find a suggested fix for problem to no avail. I have tried installing the update in four different ways to do update and have even tried reset on laptops with no success. I have also checked drivers and they are latest drivers supplied by manufacturer.

Does anyone have any other suggestion as both laptops work well and have been well maintained?

Gazzav, Mar 15, 2021
  4. Laptop just updated to 20H2, and now have a couple of problems

Windows 10 20h2 Problem

I clean installed 20H2 but unfortunately i don't know which version i had previously.

Currently I'm trying to install the 1803 version, since it's an old laptop.

Or should i install the ones you suggested me?

Thank you

CreepyMemes, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Laptop just updated to 20H2, and now have a couple of problems

1. Laptop just updated to 20H2, and now have a couple of problems - Similar Threads - Laptop updated 20H2

2. Problems with the update of 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems with the update of 20H2: I can't install Bitdefender because of a Windows problem. Is there any way to roll back to a version of Windows 10 before the update of 20H2? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-the-update-of-20h2/d02c12be-93cb-41ee-afb0-5577b7b7da8b
  3. have problems with windows10 . Update version 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    have problems with windows10 . Update version 20H2: Hi with the last update for windows I turn on my computer and i Have no D:\ Drive Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-problems-with-windows10-update-version-20h2/09a8d30a-dd16-4370-a6d2-94c489e314b6
  4. I just did a couple of system updates and now my taskbar icons have a lot of space between...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I just did a couple of system updates and now my taskbar icons have a lot of space between...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Jmcg0859 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kh3zb2/i_just_did_a_couple_of_system_updates_and_now_my/
  5. Just updated to Win 10 20H2. now no Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Just updated to Win 10 20H2. now no Bluetooth: I have attempted reinstall bluetooth driver from dell. Ran all the diagnostics from dell. Nothing found. What do I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/just-updated-to-win-10-20h2-now-no-bluetooth/af72bd65-0f4b-44bd-896d-918a29133b9c
  6. Have New 20H2 Start NOW

in Windows 10 Customization
    Have New 20H2 Start NOW: The 20H2 Start Menu can be 'released' from within 20H1. You will, still, do 20H2 via WU in October, BUT can have the new 20H2 Start Menu, now by doingTHIS HERE. Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  7. Just a couple of hours***

Just a couple of hours***: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/luaykashef [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsgj3f/just_a_couple_of_hours/
  8. Problems since last couple of updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems since last couple of updates: Some time after the last Windows update (maybe 2) I have a few issues. 1. I no longer can get icons in my pictures folder only the Microsoft Photo icon. I have tried all the suggested fixes, but nothing works. 2. My earplug jack isn't working properly. I plug in my earbud...
  9. Just updated windows and Have a problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Just updated windows and Have a problem: Once updated i can not log in the error message is The User Profile service failed to sign in. User profile cannot be located. i have tried my pin and my microsoft log in and get the same message. how do i fix this....
  10. Hello, having problem with Windows update for couple months now. I have these updates but I...

Hello, having problem with Windows update for couple months now. I have these updates but I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BHKnits [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fcwat4/hello_having_problem_with_windows_update_for/