Windows 10: Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker recovery key and still will not load

Discus and support Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker recovery key and still will not load in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why does laptop keep asking for BitLocker recovery key instead of loading. Screen is black with hp sign and never loads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by william salyer, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker recovery key and still will not load

Why does laptop keep asking for BitLocker recovery key instead of loading. Screen is black with hp sign and never loads

:)

william salyer, Nov 28, 2022

2. Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker recovery key and still will not load

Why does laptop keep asking for BitLocker recovery key instead of loading. Screen is black with hp sign and never loads

william salyer, Nov 28, 2022
  3. nkaufman Win User
    Dell Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker Recovery Key after update

Not really sure how pics are going to help but here they are: *Huh

Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker recovery key and still will not load [​IMG]

nkaufman, Nov 28, 2022
  4. pj04 Win User

Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker recovery key and still will not load

Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and enabled settings of secure boot.

On "Enabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot policy has unexpectedly changed."

On "Disabled" setting, it says "Bitlocker needs your recovery key to unlock your drive because Secure Boot has been disabled. Either Secure Boot must be re-enabled, or Bitlocker must be suspended for Windows to start normally."

I don't have a recovery key. I don't remember setting one. I even searched for it in my Microsoft account. My device (ASUS X205TA) is listed but the recovery key is not.

Note that I don't have any useful data in the laptop, so I'd be fine with reinstalling windows even if I loose all the data. I just want to be able to use my laptop again.

Thema:

Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker recovery key and still will not load

1. Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker recovery key and still will not load - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps asking

2. My laptop is asking for a Bitlocker recovery

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop is asking for a Bitlocker recovery: My laptop started asking for a Bitlocker recovery key every time I start up the computer. This started after a recent windows update. I was able to find the key but it is just frustrating that I have to enter it every time I use the computer. How do I stop this from...
  3. My laptop is asking for a Bitlocker recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is asking for a Bitlocker recovery: My laptop started asking for a Bitlocker recovery key every time I start up the computer. This started after a recent windows update. I was able to find the key but it is just frustrating that I have to enter it every time I use the computer. How do I stop this from...
  4. Windows keeps asking for my Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps asking for my Bitlocker recovery key: Hey all,So I recently got a new eGPU which I connected to my laptop, that all works fine, but ever since I got that, 80% of the time not all of the time, which is what is so confusing when I boot or restart the PC I have to enter the Bitlocker recovery key. This is beginning...
  5. Windows keeps asking for my Bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps asking for my Bitlocker recovery key: Hey all,So I recently got a new eGPU which I connected to my laptop, that all works fine, but ever since I got that, 80% of the time not all of the time, which is what is so confusing when I boot or restart the PC I have to enter the Bitlocker recovery key. This is beginning...
  6. Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker recovery key and still will not load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker recovery key and still will not load: Why does laptop keep asking for BitLocker recovery key instead of loading. Screen is black with hp sign and never loads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-keeps-asking-for-bitlocker-recovery-key-and/316d9372-4b37-40ba-a626-1160f7dd456f
  7. Windows is asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows is asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key: Windows is asking for BitLocker Recovery Key.I've already been forwarded to link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key-fd2b3501-a4b9-61e9-f5e6-2a545ad77b3eHowever my windows account says I don't have any recovery keys associated with my...
  8. Dell Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker Recovery Key after update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dell Laptop keeps asking for BitLocker Recovery Key after update: Have a Dell Inspiron laptop with Win-10 Home and automatic updates turned on. After a recent update, I cannot log on to the machine. Keeps asking for a Recovery Key and we've not done anything to encrypt the drive. What is Microsoft trying to do? Tried to uninstall last...
  9. Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop asking for Bitlocker Recovery Key: My laptop has recently been stuck in a boot-loop where it keeps booting to the blue recovery menu probably because Windows is corrupted. I am unable to reset the computer as the drive is encrypted with bitlocker and I need a BitLocker Recovery Key. The problem is that I...
  10. Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Asking for Bitlocker recovery key on login: So I was playing with BIOS settings for reformatting my laptop and reinstalling Windows using bootable USB drive. I didn't succeed and I probably did something stupid. Now I'm not able to login into my laptop. It's asking me for bitlocker recovery key on both disabled and...