Windows 10: Laptop keeps black screening/freezing

Discus and support Laptop keeps black screening/freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Typing this from my phone.Today as in an hour ago today, I was using my laptop and it just black screened. I figured "okay that sucks, just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DisplayNameError, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Laptop keeps black screening/freezing

Typing this from my phone.Today as in an hour ago today, I was using my laptop and it just black screened. I figured "okay that sucks, just restart it. I restart and use it and like a minute later it freezes and I need to restart.So I keep restarting and it keeps happening. Usually the screen glitch for like a split second and then black sc

:)

DisplayNameError, Jun 27, 2021
  2. Nova Win User

New laptop hardlock with black screen

I have a new notebook, running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, which is randomly freezing, showing a black screen. System specs:

• intel core i5
    • HD is an SDD, 250GB
    • GPU: Intel HD graphics 620
    Symptoms:

• happens randomly, related to no particular reason, time of the day, and programs running
    • when freezes, the notebook screen is "active" (back light is on) but completely black; external monitor, connected via HDMI, is black as well
    • when freezes, no key input is responding. I tried to press "CAPS Lock", which has a led on it, and the led is not toggling
    • I noticed I can keep the PC on for several days, without any problem. It always freezes whenever I'm actively using it
    What I already tried:

• reinstall Windows from scratch (even starting from an external USB drive)
    • run windows in "clean boot" mode (all non-MS services disabled, all startup programs disabled)
    • update the BIOS, and all "relevant" drivers (GPU, System Firmware, network interface, bluetooth, ...) of the PC to the latest version
    • testing the memory with MemTest86+: no issues, after several steps
    • stressing the GPU with FurMark: reached quite an high temperature (70°), but no issues
    • stressing the CPU with IntelBurnTest: reached quite an high temperature (70°), but no issues
    Now, I would guess it's an hardware problem, but the strange thing is that we ordered 6 identical PCs, and this is happening on 4 of them. Therefore, for "statistical" reasons, we don't think it could be possible that all of them shows an HW issue... It only happens with a different rate from one PC to another (for instance, happens daily on my PC, and once a week on another)
    Any idea on how to investigate this issue further?
    Any test / improvement I can do?

3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 27, 2021
  4. Virus-j Win User

Laptop keeps black screening/freezing

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Laptop keeps black screening/freezing

1. Laptop keeps black screening/freezing - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps black

2. Laptop freeze and then black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freeze and then black screen: I was using my laptop latitude 7280 right now and suddenly the screen froze and made a weird sound on my headset. I restarted my laptop but it is showings completely black screen. I restarted many times even with charger but nothing worked. I am not even able to enter safe...
  3. Laptop freeze and then black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freeze and then black screen: I was using my laptop latitude 7280 right now and suddenly the screen froze and made a weird sound on my headset. I restarted my laptop but it is showings completely black screen. I restarted many times even with charger but nothing worked. I am not even able to enter safe...
  4. Laptop freeze and then black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My new laptop keeps freezing, crashing, and the screen keeps turning black, as well as a...

My new laptop keeps freezing, crashing, and the screen keeps turning black, as well as a...: I recently purchased a new laptop with good specs and a high resolution screen 2-4 months ago. I have rarely used it as I have been on break I'm a university student, and have been on break for about 3 months. When I do use it however, there is never a time where I don't come...
  6. Laptop freezes and screen fades to black.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes and screen fades to black.: I have a refurbished Dell Latitude 7390. It works great, until recently it began to freeze, and the screen would begin to fade to black. I have tried cleaning it. I have run multiple system scans and diagnostics and even scanned for malware but that still hasn't fixed it. I'm...
  7. Laptop freezes and screen fades to black.

Laptop freezes and screen fades to black.: I have a refurbished Dell Latitude 7390. It works great, until recently it began to freeze, and the screen would begin to fade to black. I have tried cleaning it. I have run multiple system scans and diagnostics and even scanned for malware but that still hasn't fixed it. I'm...
  8. Laptop freezing then black screen with cursor

Laptop freezing then black screen with cursor: This has been an on/off issue with my laptop. It's a Lenovo IdeaPad 330S 15in, the i7 with GTX1050 variant. The OS is Windows 10. It runs perfectly well almost all the time, but there are those random, occasional moments when it just freezes before going black screen with a...
  9. Windows keeps doing a black screen then freezing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows keeps doing a black screen then freezing?: Here is the issue. Problem Event Name: BlueScreen Code: 116 Parameter 1: ffff828ea93bd010 Parameter 2: fffff801349f11c0 Parameter 3: ffffffffc0000001 Parameter 4: 3 OS version: 10_0_19041 Service Pack: 0_0 Product: 768_1 OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101 Locale...
  10. Laptop freez n black screen

Laptop freez n black screen: My lap for 3 days was freezing after some time of start up...before this happens i had a virus attack ..at that time my McAfee was turned off then i yried to scan them it freezed suddenly .then i reset my pc pc then also i tried image factory reset my pc .then i did fresh...