Windows 10: Laptop keeps connecting to Telstra Air

Discus and support Laptop keeps connecting to Telstra Air in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Help! Since Telstra turned on the Telstra Air network, both my family laptops keep disconnecting from our home wifi & connect up to the Telstra Air... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Don-E, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Don-E Win User

Laptop keeps connecting to Telstra Air

Help!

Since Telstra turned on the Telstra Air network, both my family laptops keep disconnecting from our home wifi & connect up to the Telstra Air signal coming from next door. We are NOT Telstra customers.

I have “forgetten” the Telstra Air hotspot many times, it is not in the list of known networks, but it still turns up in available connections and the laptop connects up. Laptop keeps connecting to Telstra Air :(

Telstra basically said bad luck and sent me to Microsoft. I dont see why i should pay money to fix an issue Telstra has caused. We had no issues until Telstra air got turned on.

We have an Asus and a Dell both running Windows 10 and up to date. The WiFi troubleshooter cannot find any issues.

I have no idea where to even look for a solution.

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide! Thanks

:)

Don-E, Sep 9, 2018
  2. Ju_e71 Win User

Ovi Suite connecting to internet with Telstra

Ok this so stupid.

Downloaded the new Ovi, I have been quite happy with the old PC suite, but thought this must be better.

Connected the phone up not a problem.

Went to set up the connection with Ovi and Telstra not listed in the list. OMG how stupid is that, Telstra being one the largest mobile carriers in Australia you would have thought it would be there.

Tip for people

I rang telstra and they told me all what you have to do.

Connect manualy (obviously have your phone connected to Ovi suite 1st)

And where it asks for access point put in "telstra.internet", leave all other fields blank.

And it connects Laptop keeps connecting to Telstra Air :)

Ju_e71, Sep 9, 2018
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 9, 2018
  4. FreedomEclipse Win User

Random laptop crashes in games.

thats alright bro, If it does turn out to be an overheating issue, I'll let you take all the credit for suggesting it

FreedomEclipse, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop keeps connecting to Telstra Air - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps connecting

2. laptop keeps rebooting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop keeps rebooting: Windows 10 Lenovo laptop. No new installs or hardware. Just keeps rebooting. Error log shows The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160} Any ideas?...
  3. Air pods and Windows 10 not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Air pods and Windows 10 not connecting: Air pods paired but will not connect to Windows 10. Was working until last week. Did all the suggestions that are on the internet with services, updates, etc. Anyone have a solution?...
  4. Charger keeps connecting and then disconnecting on my Laptop Surface

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Charger keeps connecting and then disconnecting on my Laptop Surface: When I plug in my charger, the charger will connect and disconnect so my laptop never fully charges. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/charger-keeps-connecting-and-then-disconnecting-on/b63bfe90-ffca-4109-a79b-bd1d45aa8f50
  5. telstra.?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    telstra.?: Telstra? rang me from oversea. asked me could they take over my computer to look for scammers. I said ok. I just wonder if I was scammed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/telstra/a8997287-19fe-498b-9dd6-6a1728d65dc0"
  6. air plane mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    air plane mode: the air plane is locked and cannot turn off to connect to wireless internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/air-plane-mode/f3f30ad8-07de-496d-b95b-13c6312e166f
  7. Telstra bigpond mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Telstra bigpond mail: I cannot sync my bigpond mail from earlier Windows version on PC or from Apple MacBook and devices. CAN anyone advise please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/telstra-bigpond-mail/3de1a2bb-d789-4728-bad4-64bad870dde3
  8. Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection

Laptop keeps losing WIFI connection: Hi all, Ever since I updated to Windows 10, my laptop struggles to hold a strong connection (sometimes any connection at all) to my Virgin Media router. Even if I am sitting in the same room as my router, the connection is weak and often disconnects, with a connection...
  9. Air Dongle Issue

Air Dongle Issue: Upgraded an ASUS Transformer T100 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home. Verizon and AT&T 4G usb dongles worked in 8.1, fail to start (turn on) in Windows 10. Any ideas where to start looking? 15679
  10. Laptop ethernet keeps disconnecting and connecting

Laptop ethernet keeps disconnecting and connecting: i just got my new internet, modem and router. The tech hooked up everything to and it works. Laptop is connected via ethernet. The internet keeps disconnecting and connecting like every 5 to 20 mins. It would have that yellow triangle on the bottom saying no internet, then...