Windows 10: Laptop keeps dropping network connection.

Discus and support Laptop keeps dropping network connection. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an ASUS ROG laptop and whenever I am playing video games online, my WiFi would randomly drop until I exit out of the game and reconnect. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/freshonreddit, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Laptop keeps dropping network connection.

I have an ASUS ROG laptop and whenever I am playing video games online, my WiFi would randomly drop until I exit out of the game and reconnect. I have experienced disconnections about 3 to 4 times yesterday and have been looking for solutions. This isn't my WiFi because whenever my connection drops on my laptop, all the other devices in my house such as my phone and other computers are still connected. It only happens when I'm playing games on my specific laptop.

I've already tried going into Device Manager > Network Adapters > And turning off power saving mode on my Wireless Network Adapter.

This has not solved the issue. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can try?

submitted by /u/freshonreddit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/freshonreddit, Mar 18, 2020
  2. TV2
    TV2 Win User

Laptop drops connection to wireless network randomly.

My daughter has a laptop that keeps losing it's connection to the local wireless network - any local wireless network.
    It will connect to any network, using security passwords, but then just drop off, after random amounts of time, ending in the message "The specified network is not available". A complete shutdown and cold start will allow a connection again, briefly.
    Everything works fine on wired Ethernet cable.
    Toshiba C55-C5241
    Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter

Looking for any potential fixes I have not already found on the interwebs (list below).
    When she gets here today I am going to generate a Wireless Network Report (netsh command). Let me know if it would be helpful to see that report.
    Tried:
    • Updating the driver to the most recent one on the MS Update Catalog
    • Making sure "allow the PC to put this device to sleep" is unchecked
    • All other wireless devices connect to the LAN fine
    • Move the laptop to the same room, withing 10 feet of the router.
    • Reset the router
    • Problem happens on 3 wireless LAN's.
    • Created a Guest network with no security protocols.
    • Problem happened before and after the 1903 upgrade
    • USB selective Suspend: disabled
    • Changed the Scan Valid Interval
    • Set WLAN Auto Config in Services to Auto (was on Auto)

3. dalchina Win User
    Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Hello, are you always connected to the same router - or are you skipping to others? Suggest disabling these settings:

Laptop keeps dropping network connection. [​IMG]

Also check your channel is not congested, and signal strength is adequate. There are freeware tools which can show you this information.

You might have to change band (frequency) - and in one scenario where someone was renting a place it was suggested the owner was restricting Wifi bandwidth...!

I'm sure others more experienced in these issues will comment.

dalchina, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Gramps Win User

Laptop keeps dropping network connection.

Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Laptop keeps dropping network connection.

1. Laptop keeps dropping network connection. - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps dropping

2. Network keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network keeps dropping: I have a very irritating problem. My network drops recently every 15 minutes and I dont know why. It is stable before and I dont have this issue with my other device in the house. This is a desktop connected with LAN cable. I tried to un plug and plug back in the cable but...
  3. Network keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network keeps dropping: I have a very irritating problem. My network drops recently every 15 minutes and I dont know why. It is stable before and I dont have this issue with my other device in the house. This is a desktop connected with LAN cable. I tried to un plug and plug back in the cable but...
  4. Network keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. network keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network keeps dropping: I just upgrade to Windows 11 and somehow I manage to get everything and I was able to work properly even the interface is quite different. The only problem I have is my internet is keeps dropping for a while i dont know which is causing the issue but I need stable internet....
  6. network keeps dropping

network keeps dropping: I just upgrade to Windows 11 and somehow I manage to get everything and I was able to work properly even the interface is quite different. The only problem I have is my internet is keeps dropping for a while i dont know which is causing the issue but I need stable internet....
  7. network keeps dropping

8. network connections dropped

network connections dropped: I have a LAN that contains a Linux-based NAS. The mapping of the IP address to device name is covered in both lmhosts and hosts files, and the system knows the relationship. But when I try to map a folder on the NAS to a drive letter and use the name of the device, the system...
  9. network connections dropped

network connections dropped: I have a LAN that contains a Linux-based NAS. The mapping of the IP address to device name is covered in both lmhosts and hosts files, and the system knows the relationship. But when I try to map a folder on the NAS to a drive letter and use the name of the device, the system...
  10. Wired network connection keeps dropping

Wired network connection keeps dropping: Let me start by saying I have made no changes to the network recently. Out of the blue my desktop started dropping connection. Or at least that is what I will call it. I have a number of computers and streaming devices through the house. Nothing else has been affected. Today...