Windows 10: Laptop keeps freezing and lagging after Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Laptop keeps freezing and lagging after Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I don't usually ask questions online as I have a bit of tech experience but I'm stumped with an issue I have with my laptop. After installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stafford, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Stafford Win User

Laptop keeps freezing and lagging after Windows 10 Update

Hello,

I don't usually ask questions online as I have a bit of tech experience but I'm stumped with an issue I have with my laptop. After installing an update on Windows 10, my laptop has had several issues such as lagging, unusual CPU/RAM/DISK usage, windows 10 gui freezing, not responding errors on several applications, Intel optane memory errors.

I've had this problem in the past and the only solution I could come up with was to restore my laptop to an earlier time before the update and disable windows updates. I recently noticed that windows notified me that my update patch will no longer be supported soon and so I thought I'd give the update another try a year later. The errors still happen.

Laptop details:

Manufacturer: ASUSTek Computer Inc.

Processor: IntelR CoreTM i5-8300H CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB 7.86 GB usable

System type: 64-bit OS, x64

OS details:

Windows 10 Home, Version 1909, Build 18363.836

Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

Stafford, Jun 5, 2020
  2. hctada Win User

Windows 10 update but it keeps on lagging

I updated my laptop from a windows 7 to windows 10 and it is so lag that it takes almost 20 minutes for it to start up and sometimes the screen freezes for almost 5 minutes. What can I do so it won't lag anymore?

hctada, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 V1709 OS Build 16299.15. I have serious lag and freezing issues with my laptop.

After the update my laptop started freezing and lagging. After several factory resets it keeps on freezing .My cursor is messed up, it keeps on freezing . Please help me for fixing this issues .

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

harjotsingh6, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Will_H126 Win User

Laptop keeps lagging/freezes up :|

Ok,

So for a while now, whenever I open up Chrome, Internet Explorer and Task-manager, my computer would start to lag (as if its trying to catch up/process) and sometimes freeze. The fans kick on high and my laptop get hot. sometimes i'll wait awhile and it would
    start working again (all my inputs would happen at once really fast). However, I usually have to force shut down my laptop and restart it to fix it.

At first, only chrome would cause it to Lag/freeze. Uninstalling/Installing chrome didn't fix it so then I tried a fix that I found online about deleting my "User Data" in the "AppData" folder. It worked for a while but then it started to happen again. I've
    also tried adjusting my virtual memory, but that hasn't fix it either.

I've notice that whenever I have applications open and then open other certain applications (Chrome, Task-manager, Internet Explorer) , my laptop lags then freezes. Chrome would open to a all white window and when I try to "End Task" in Task-manger, Task manager
    would freeze than my laptop would lag then freeze.

I would very much like to not to reset my laptop, but as a last measure, I will.

Specifications:

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559 Summary:

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS (Version 1709) Build 16299.334

CPU

Intel Core i7 6700HQ @ 2.60GHz

Skylake 14nm Technology

RAM

16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 797MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard

Dell Inc. 0H0CC0 (U3E1)

Graphics

Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)

Intel HD Graphics 530 (Dell)

4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (Dell)

ForceWare version: 385.69

SLI Disabled

Storage

465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB (SSD)

931GB Seagate ST1000LM014-1EJ164 (SATA)

Optical Drives

No optical disk drives detected

Audio

NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible)

Will_H126, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop keeps freezing and lagging after Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps freezing

2. Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update: My laptop mouse, touchpad, keyboard, programs, apps and startup lags after Windows 10 update. The mouse and touchpad cursor lags across the screen. And when my laptop starts ups, apps start up or programs start up the half circle that spins lags. So laptop lags on startup,...
  3. Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update: My laptop mouse, touchpad, keyboard, programs, apps and startup lags after Windows 10 update. The mouse and touchpad cursor lags across the screen. And when my laptop starts ups, apps start up or programs start up the half circle that spins lags. So laptop lags on startup,...
  4. Everything Lags On Laptop After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. laptop freeze after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop freeze after Windows 10 update: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and since then my laptop often freezes after automatic Windows update. I have the latest Windows version but the problem often persists. I would be very grateful if anyone could help. Thank you in advance....
  6. Windows 10 Freezing and Lagging after Update

Windows 10 Freezing and Lagging after Update: I recently updated my pc to the newest version of windows 10 version 1909/1903 and i noticed that it is freezing/lagging every 5 seconds. This frustrates me and I have been looking for a solution. The last big update I had was a few years ago and it had the same problem but I...
  7. Windows 10 update but it keeps on lagging

Windows 10 update but it keeps on lagging: I updated my laptop from a windows 7 to windows 10 and it is so lag that it takes almost 20 minutes for it to start up and sometimes the screen freezes for almost 5 minutes. What can I do so it won't lag anymore?...
  8. Updated laptop keeps lagging

Updated laptop keeps lagging: I have an Acer Aspire ES 15 laptop and recently updated to Windows 10 version 1809. However, when I did so, my cursor started freezing every time I moved it. After some testing, I've found that the entire system encounters a lag spike when I do so. And while moving the cursor...
  9. Windows 10 lags and freezes after new update

Windows 10 lags and freezes after new update: Hi, I have a problem that has been happening intermittently for about a year. I updated a year ago and I would get these 5 second bursts of lag that would slow audio and the display. It would happen about once every few hours. I updated about 3 months later and it stopped. I...
  10. My laptop lag, freeze, and got blue screen after Windows Update

My laptop lag, freeze, and got blue screen after Windows Update: So I got windows 10 installed on my laptop. It works so smooth like a charm at first. I've successfully installed all the Windows updates, but my laptop getting hotter than usual and then it lag, freeze, and got blue screen randomly after the updates. My laptop is HP P231ax...