Windows 10: Laptop keeps freezing around 30 seconds after startup

Discus and support Laptop keeps freezing around 30 seconds after startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So yesterday, I came home from work and booted my laptop again. I worked on it all day without any issues. When I turned it on, I got the "Something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lionheart36, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Laptop keeps freezing around 30 seconds after startup

So yesterday, I came home from work and booted my laptop again. I worked on it all day without any issues. When I turned it on, I got the "Something went wrong Laptop keeps freezing around 30 seconds after startup :(" error message. After restarting everything seemed normal at first, but after around 30 seconds or something, my laptop just froze. Nothing was working. I tried ctrl + alt + delete but no response. I restarted it again and had the same problem. After trying again I used the 30 seconds to open up the task manager and saw the CPU was on 100%. Is this normal?

After restarting it a few times again, it suddenly worked again. First thing I did was make a quick backup of the most important files of course. I used my laptop afterwards for a few hours without any issues. This morning when I started my laptop again, same problem. (and same solution)

Does anyone have any clue what could be causing this? I think it might be a smart move to just whipe the entire thing (after making proper backups) and re-installing a clean Windows 10 on it. What do you guys think?

submitted by /u/Lionheart36
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lionheart36, Nov 5, 2019
  2. InhexSTER Win User

PowerDVD 9 freezes on startup for 10 seconds

My problem is that my PowerDVD 9 freezes whole system for 5-10 seconds while starting. It happens on my HD monitor Samsung 240HD. But when I connect 40 inch 720p tv it works great. Please, can u suggest what the problem or give some link to fix.

InhexSTER, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Laptop freezes at startup

My laptop keeps freezing at startup and the problem is getting worse. It happens in the following way: when I start Windows, laptop comes to a halt and then freezes with Hdd light either on or off. Then I need to press the power button for long.

Maya maya2, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Laptop keeps freezing around 30 seconds after startup

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Laptop keeps freezing around 30 seconds after startup

1. Laptop keeps freezing around 30 seconds after startup - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps freezing

2. nothing works for around 20-30 seconds on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nothing works for around 20-30 seconds on startup: When I turn on my computer whether its waking up from sleep, restart or shutdown , nothing words for 20-30 seconds. The windows search bar bugs out and becomes an opaque box that stays there for a while. After 20-30 seconds everything suddenly works. No programs load for the...
  3. nothing works for around 20-30 seconds on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nothing works for around 20-30 seconds on startup: When I turn on my computer whether its waking up from sleep, restart or shutdown , nothing words for 20-30 seconds. The windows search bar bugs out and becomes an opaque box that stays there for a while. After 20-30 seconds everything suddenly works. No programs load for the...
  4. Applications freeze for ~30 sec shortly after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications freeze for ~30 sec shortly after startup: Hello,Ive been having an issue with windows 11 now where every time my computer turns on from sleep or hibernate Basically whenever I have to sign in again, I can use my open applications which is mainly chrome for maybe 1-2 minutes, and then they freeze for about 30 seconds....
  5. Applications freeze for ~30 sec shortly after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications freeze for ~30 sec shortly after startup: Hello,Ive been having an issue with windows 11 now where every time my computer turns on from sleep or hibernate Basically whenever I have to sign in again, I can use my open applications which is mainly chrome for maybe 1-2 minutes, and then they freeze for about 30 seconds....
  6. Laptop Sceen gets Freeze for a 5 Second after startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Sceen gets Freeze for a 5 Second after startup.: To,Microsoft CommunityDear Sir, This is Gavin Mathos. I am using Microsoft Windows 10 OS, Version: 21H1 OS Build: 19043.1237. ** The Problem that i face with My Laptop **When i first start My Laptop Desktop Screen open up. After that i try to open any App for e.g. Microsoft...
  7. lag in laptop after 30 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lag in laptop after 30 seconds: Hi . I have a laptop and it has a problem. When I'm playing a game it lags till I connect the charger and then it gets smooth so nothing's wrong here. But after 30 seconds of playing with the charger it gets to 5 fps till I disconnect the charger and reconnect it then it's...
  8. Laptop freezes after startup

Laptop freezes after startup: My laptop Asus X556UQK from 2017 i always use it plugged since the battery doesnt really last and i always use it on mximum performance, but recently its crashing upon start, whether is on the login screen or while its loading the taskbar or the startup logo black screen, and...
  9. New laptop keeps freezing a few seconds after startup...

New laptop keeps freezing a few seconds after startup...: New laptop bought in May, used it about a total of 10 times in the past months, everything was fine until today I powered it off by holding the power button because it froze. I turned it back on and now it freezes at the login screen. And if i manage to get to the desktop...
  10. No internet connection for 30 seconds after startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection for 30 seconds after startup: When I turn my computer on and log in, I have no internet connection for about 30 seconds. This sounds like it's not a big deal, but I have a bunch of programs that run on startup and require internet access, and they aren't happy about the lack of connection. If I run...