Windows 10: Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

Discus and support Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Oliver Johannsson, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue screen that reads "Configuring Windows Updates - 99% complete - Don't turn off your computer." I waited for about 15 minutes before I lost my patience and decided to force shut down by holding down the power button because it was completely unresponsive and that was really all I could do. I had hoped it would manage to com

:)

Oliver Johannsson, Apr 12, 2024

2. Windows 10 upgrade stuck at 99 percent

3 of my laptops have been stuck at 99 percent for more than 8 hours. What can I do to get Windows 10 upgrade to finish installing?

George Anne, Apr 12, 2024
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

Redirecting

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 12, 2024
  4. Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

Update error when its 99 percent

My update in Windows 10 will install up to 99 percent then will stop and says update couldnt be install in the system. I dont have issue for the past months on updating Windows only this time. For some reason I cant fix it by running troubleshooter and restarting the device so I need help.

darrion.donnelly16, Apr 12, 2024
Thema:

Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

1. Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps freezing

2. Stuck in a loop where my laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating, cannot start...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in a loop where my laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating, cannot start...: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...
  3. Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...
  4. Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps freezing at 99 percent when updating: Yesterday I saw that there was a yellow icon alerting me that there was a new update and I decided to click on "update and restart" as I had the night before on my desktop which I am currently writing on. After a few minutes it reached 99% and promptly froze, stuck on a blue...
  5. Update error when its 99 percent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update error when its 99 percent: My update in Windows 10 will install up to 99 percent then will stop and says update couldnt be install in the system. I dont have issue for the past months on updating Windows only this time. For some reason I cant fix it by running troubleshooter and restarting the device...
  6. Update error when its 99 percent

Update error when its 99 percent: My update in Windows 10 will install up to 99 percent then will stop and says update couldnt be install in the system. I dont have issue for the past months on updating Windows only this time. For some reason I cant fix it by running troubleshooter and restarting the device...
  7. Update error when its 99 percent

8. Security update stuck at 99 percent this month

Security update stuck at 99 percent this month: I have this monthly security update on pending and today I try to install it. I turned off my anti virus since last month it is the reason why my updates are not installing, but today even I turn it off, it will not install at all. I need help installing this update....
  9. Security update stuck at 99 percent this month

Security update stuck at 99 percent this month: I have this monthly security update on pending and today I try to install it. I turned off my anti virus since last month it is the reason why my updates are not installing, but today even I turn it off, it will not install at all. I need help installing this update....
  10. Security update stuck at 99 percent this month

in Windows 10 Gaming