Windows 10: Laptop keeps freezing if left alone

Discus and support Laptop keeps freezing if left alone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If I leave my laptop alone for more than a minute or two by not touching it (for example if I was watching a video) it will completely freeze to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LilyTeeling, Nov 8, 2018.

1. LilyTeeling Win User

Laptop keeps freezing if left alone

If I leave my laptop alone for more than a minute or two by not touching it (for example if I was watching a video) it will completely freeze to the point where all I can do is turn the machine off completely and try to restart it.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with my computer and how to fix it?

:)

LilyTeeling, Nov 8, 2018
  2. JASBIR KHARA Win User

laptop freezes if left for few seconds

I have Lenovo yoga 3 Pro 1370 laptop. It was working ok but after new update of windows it suddenly freezes if left for a few seconds. I have to shut down power and restart then it comes back.

Also sometime on switching on showing NO WIFI and power off and it comes back. Please suggest.

JASBIR KHARA, Nov 8, 2018
  3. nflesher87 Win User
    Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Aldwin Ale Win User

Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop keeps freezing if left alone - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps freezing

2. Windows 10 keeps freezing when left idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 keeps freezing when left idle: Whenever I walk away from my computer (or even while I'm using it, and just haven't moved the mouse for a few minutes like when watching videos) for just a few minutes, the computer totally freezes. No mouse movement, no input, nothing. I have to hard reset every time this...
  3. Laptop freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes: Hi all im having problems with my laptop. When i turn it on and i login in to windows, i click on any icon or program it says not responding and irs frozen like that. Sometimes the screen just goes black while its frozen and other times it eventually comes back to normal...
  4. PC Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Keeps Freezing: Hello. I've begun to encounter an increasing amount of complete freezes on my PC in the past few days. They usually require for the program to be completely closed before it begins working again. This has me concerned, as I have 16 GB of RAM, an i7-7500U 2.7Ghz CPU, and only...
  5. Computer Reboots after Sleep or Left Alone for 15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Reboots after Sleep or Left Alone for 15 Minutes: For the past month or so I have this recurring problem: after the computer is left alone turned on for about 15 minutes, it goes to sleep, or something like that. And when I try to wake it up pressing the power button it REBOOTS (instead of waking up, or at least waking up...
  6. Chrome keeps freezing

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome keeps freezing: I don't know what I'm doing. All I know is my Chrome keeps freezing, and my last update was 9/14/16 KB3188128. I don't want to jump thru a ton of hoops, I just want to click on an .exe and the problem gets fixed. Sorry for the lack of patience, but I don't have an MCSE, and I...
  7. Dell laptop keeps treating left-clicks as right-clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell laptop keeps treating left-clicks as right-clicks: I am increasingly frustrated by the behaviour of my Dell laptop, which is two years old. It's a 5559 and the touchpad has *always* been flaky despite several installations of the "latest and greatest" touchpad drivers. It's gotten especially bad in the last few weeks and in...
  8. Laptop keeps freezing and no responce

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop keeps freezing and no responce: My laptop keeps freezing and nothing responds. I start task manager and nothing is running it reports! I can't even power off except fordoing ctrl alt delete and restart it. It's becoming an everyday occurrence. I am thinking in going back to windows 7. I wish Microsoft would...
  9. Windows 10 Laptop Desktop Icons Keep Rearranging to the left side

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Laptop Desktop Icons Keep Rearranging to the left side: Please help I have a windows 10 laptop and for some reason my desktop icons keeps rearranging to the left side of the screen after I rearranged them on my own and restart or shut down my laptop then open it all the desktop icons are back to the left side of the screen. I have...
  10. Laptop Freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Freeze: This might be very typical I'm not sure, basically my laptop is having moments where I'm doing my own thing then it just freezes and I have to forcefully shut it down. Sometimes when I turn it back on it comes up with loads of code and works like normal after, but the other...