Windows 10: Laptop keeps freezing if left alone

Discus and support Laptop keeps freezing if left alone in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If I leave my laptop alone for more than a minute or two by not touching it (for example if I was watching a video) it will completely freeze to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LilyTeeling, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Laptop keeps freezing if left alone

If I leave my laptop alone for more than a minute or two by not touching it (for example if I was watching a video) it will completely freeze to the point where all I can do is turn the machine off completely and try to restart it.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with my computer and how to fix it?

:)

LilyTeeling, Nov 8, 2018

2. laptop freezes if left for few seconds

I have Lenovo yoga 3 Pro 1370 laptop. It was working ok but after new update of windows it suddenly freezes if left for a few seconds. I have to shut down power and restart then it comes back.

Also sometime on switching on showing NO WIFI and power off and it comes back. Please suggest.

JASBIR KHARA, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Laptop keeps freezing if left alone

Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Laptop keeps freezing if left alone

1. Laptop keeps freezing if left alone - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps freezing

2. New laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop keeps freezing: I haveWINDOWS 11 i5 13420H16gb ram RTX 2050 idk what's the problem it's brand new and i tried other test all of it are good. idk what's wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-laptop-keeps-freezing/f7fb4b71-1cac-4e28-8076-f8bb755acdd2
  3. Laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing: Everytime my laptop has been on for a few hours or sometimes even right as i open it it always freezes right as im trying to type or whenever i try to play a game it freezes and i have to wait a few seconds then i can do whatever i was doing, it usually also freezes whenever...
  4. Laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps freezing: Everytime my laptop has been on for a few hours or sometimes even right as i open it it always freezes right as im trying to type or whenever i try to play a game it freezes and i have to wait a few seconds then i can do whatever i was doing, it usually also freezes whenever...
  5. Laptop heats up when left alone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop heats up when left alone: I have a new Thinkpad E14 Gen 4 Intel i7-1260P, 24 GB RAM, no d-GPU. I'm running Windows 11 Pro.If I put my laptop into my bag, it often heats up really badly in a matter of half an hour or so. The worst part is that problem seems to be intermittent, so it's hard to...
  6. Laptop heats up when left alone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop heats up when left alone: I have a new Thinkpad E14 Gen 4 Intel i7-1260P, 24 GB RAM, no d-GPU. I'm running Windows 11 Pro.If I put my laptop into my bag, it often heats up really badly in a matter of half an hour or so. The worst part is that problem seems to be intermittent, so it's hard to...
  7. Laptop keeps freezing and rebooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps freezing and rebooting: I've had my laptop for a few years. It's an MSI gaming laptop, model number ms-16j9. A few months back, I was using my laptop and then it suddenly froze and I got the BSOD. After that point, the laptop would literally just keep going into this boot and then freeze at random...
  8. New Laptop keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Laptop keeps freezing: So i got a new laptop, and I was going to install a different ram stick that was 16gb instead of 4, and I put in another m.2 ssd, since the original was only 128gb. I have the motile 14 ryzen 3 in case anyone needs to know, but does anyone have any suggestions? I have seen...
  9. Computer Restarts/Freezes/Crashes when it's left alone for a few minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Restarts/Freezes/Crashes when it's left alone for a few minutes: For about 3 weeks now, if I leave my computer alone for a few minutes, it either restarts, freezes, or crashes. When it freezes, there isn't anything I can do but shut it down. Any kind of input doesn't do anything. If it crashes, I get a blue :( screen and it gets stuck on...
  10. Windows 10 keeps freezing when left idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 keeps freezing when left idle: Whenever I walk away from my computer (or even while I'm using it, and just haven't moved the mouse for a few minutes like when watching videos) for just a few minutes, the computer totally freezes. No mouse movement, no input, nothing. I have to hard reset every time this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my laptop freezes if left alone

2. if laptop is left it freezes

3. laptop keeps freezing if left