Windows 10: Laptop Keeps Freezing/Unfreezing after Updating Radeon Driver

Discus and support Laptop Keeps Freezing/Unfreezing after Updating Radeon Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am currently having an issue with my AMD driver, and I regret what I have done to it. Recently, I have tried to install an update to my driver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BryanParrales-Rios, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Laptop Keeps Freezing/Unfreezing after Updating Radeon Driver

I am currently having an issue with my AMD driver, and I regret what I have done to it. Recently, I have tried to install an update to my driver manually, my driver is an AMD Radeon HD 8400 / R3 Series driver. After I installed it tho, a continuous problem started to occur. The laptop would now just freeze and unfreeze literally every second. I tried various methods to try and fix it, but none of them have work. The methods i have tried to use are:

- Use AMD software removal tool

- Uninstall and reinstall the driver back to the version I used to have

- Use an AntiVirus software

- Restart with keeping the files

- 2nd Restart except I did a full restart

- used the HP Diagnostics tool

- Try and Defrag the drive

all of which did no effect. I know that this is a software issue because my drive was working fine in the past few weeks before I applied the update. I don’t know if I had applied the wrong update, or used an uncompatiable version. Is there a way to fix the drive?

:)

BryanParrales-Rios, Feb 5, 2021

2. Games keep freezing

The games that I play keep freezing up, is there any reason to this problem? during mid game it just freezes then unfreezes

-1nf1n1ty-, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Driver Error AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000

ok, it didn't work after all. windows update has seemingly installed another
    driver update for my amd mobility radeon hd 5000, this time breaking it again.

i tried what you suggested step by step, but that didn't work either. I'll try it again with running a win 7 driver in compatibility between steps two and three and keep you posted on the results.

WanjaLeuthold, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Laptop Keeps Freezing/Unfreezing after Updating Radeon Driver

Windows 10 keeps freezing and will not unfreeze

Hi Yael,

Let's focus first on freezing issues on your Windows 10 computer.

• When did this issue started to happen?
    • Have you already tried the troubleshooting steps posted by Deepika Gowda in this
      thread?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Laptop Keeps Freezing/Unfreezing after Updating Radeon Driver

1. Laptop Keeps Freezing/Unfreezing after Updating Radeon Driver - Similar Threads - Laptop Keeps Freezing

2. Laptop constantly freezes for a second then unfreezes when playing online games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop constantly freezes for a second then unfreezes when playing online games.: I need help with my Laptop/PC, its a Dell Precision 5540 if that helps, but anyways I recently been experiencing a problem where whenever I play online games it freezes mid game for like a second or two and then its goes back to normal. I first started experiencing this...
  3. AMD Drivers for Radeon 530 freezing laptop during installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Drivers for Radeon 530 freezing laptop during installation: So, hello all.Windows 11 is proving to be nice from the time I installed it.Unfortunately, there's a problem with it that's started recently. Any time I try to install the AMD GPU drivers supported by the Radeon 530, something happens.If done in safe mode, when booting...
  4. AMD Drivers for Radeon 530 freezing laptop during installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD Drivers for Radeon 530 freezing laptop during installation: So, hello all.Windows 11 is proving to be nice from the time I installed it.Unfortunately, there's a problem with it that's started recently. Any time I try to install the AMD GPU drivers supported by the Radeon 530, something happens.If done in safe mode, when booting...
  5. Radeon Software incompatible with laptop drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Radeon Software incompatible with laptop drivers: I originally posted this on the AMD Forums but was told that I would get a better answer here. Currently, every week, sometimes twice a week, AMD Software will become out of date all of a sudden due to what I believe is a background windows update, and I will end up having to...
  6. Windows 10 freezing and unfreezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing and unfreezing: Hello i have been experiencing freezing problems when i have updated from windows 8.1 to windows 10. Every time it freezes and unfreezes with the following error message in Event viewer. Kernel-EventTracing Session "Intel ESRV FPS Input Session" failed to start with the...
  7. Unfreeze

Unfreeze: How do I unfreeze the top row on my computer from the F1, F2, F3, etc. commands and back to the Mute, Volume Down, Volume Up, etc. commands? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unfreeze/bf553658-1066-4ca9-a35c-1e30c0023f78
  8. Laptop keeps freezing and lagging after Windows 10 Update

Laptop keeps freezing and lagging after Windows 10 Update: Hello, I don't usually ask questions online as I have a bit of tech experience but I'm stumped with an issue I have with my laptop. After installing an update on Windows 10, my laptop has had several issues such as lagging, unusual CPU/RAM/DISK usage, windows 10 gui...
  9. Windows not booting after updating amd radeon driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not booting after updating amd radeon driver: I decided this afternoon to update my AMD Radeon HD 8730m graphics card on my laptop. After downloading and installing the latest update, my screen froze when the installation was finished. Deciding to restart my laptop, it didn't want to boot windows and hasn't wanted since....
  10. My laptop's Radeon driver keeps saying it needs to update despite me having the latest driver?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My laptop's Radeon driver keeps saying it needs to update despite me having the latest driver?: I don't know why, but my laptop's Radeon driver says it needs to update despite me already having the latest version... Also, when I tried to update it the program just freezes and crashes. I have a picture of what it does here. I want to know what this is caused by and what...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. radeon hd 8400 r3 series keeps locking up