Windows 10: Laptop keeps going to sleep right after turning it on

Discus and support Laptop keeps going to sleep right after turning it on in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there, I've got an I7 asus laptop with the latest windows10 update . ever since the update the laptop keeps going to sleep mode right after I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MiiDoViic, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Laptop keeps going to sleep right after turning it on

Hello there,

I've got an I7 asus laptop with the latest windows10 update . ever since the update the laptop keeps going to sleep mode right after I turn it on (during lock screen or when I access my desktop) . I need to return it on over and over to finally have success and work on it properly. I do this ritual everytime I try to work on it . Everything else besides that functions properly. Also I had doubt about the battery . Because it started doing it when the bettery completly died out and it's integrated so I can't just unplug it and use the laptop on a sector.

So if anyone could help me or had experienced the same issue please tell me what to do .

submitted by /u/MiiDoViic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MiiDoViic, Nov 30, 2019
  2. ruggb Win User

Laptop keeps going to sleep

I have an HP 8540 laptop. I have the power settings set to high performance and all the options to go to sleep when plugged in are set to off/no.
    HOWEVER, it keeps going to sleep even when things like a download is running. There r a few things like my 3D printer program that will keep it awake. I did however have it go to sleep a couple of times during a print and I changed something (I forgot what it was) and it stopped doing that but not for other things and not in general. When plugged in I do not want it to go to sleep unless I press my power button. I don't have a sleep button, but that is also set to no sleep.

It does not go to sleep if I am actively using the mouse and/or kbd.

I had HP power assist running but I shut that down and it still goes to sleep.
    everything is up to date.

Why?????? and what to do???????

ruggb, Nov 30, 2019
  3. dougabugg Win User
    What is triggering my laptop to go to sleep?

My laptop has this annoying "feature" where randomly after waking up from sleep, it will go to sleep after 1.5 minutes of inactivity. After it starts going to sleep in 1.5 minutes, it keeps doing so after waking up until I close everything and restart it.

I've been dealing with this issue for a year now, and its very annoying to have to wake up my laptop and type in my password after stepping away for literally just 2 minutes. Is there anyway to find out what is triggering my laptop to go to sleep like this?

I have already checked, my power settings are not at fault. I brought my laptop in to Best Buy Geek Squad and they updated drivers and firmware, but the problem persists. I'm out of options, and can't afford a new laptop right now.

My laptop is Lenovo YOGA 900-13ISK, running Windows 10 Home Version 1803 OS Build 17134.407

EDIT:

• I did a google search for "scheduled maintenance sleep" but I didn't see anything related to my computer going to sleep from inactivity.
    • Tried: Control Panel > Troubleshooting > View all > Power, and following prompts. Was told my power settings were set to have my computer go to sleep after too long, not the issue (too short, 1.5 minutes) I'm having, already specified my power settings were not the issue.
    • Currently investigating this article...

dougabugg, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Laptop keeps going to sleep right after turning it on

Display will not sleep.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you solve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Start>Settings>System.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select the time limit for the system to go to sleep from the drop down list.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Laptop keeps going to sleep right after turning it on

1. Laptop keeps going to sleep right after turning it on - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps going

2. Laptop Won't Turn On After Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Won't Turn On After Sleep: Hi For A Few Days Now My Laptop Has Not Been Switching Back On From Sleep It's On Windows 11 And I Don't Know What To Do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-turn-on-after-sleep/afc68b6b-0315-4bf8-aa1c-06733ca4c672
  3. Laptop Won't Turn On After Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Won't Turn On After Sleep: Hi For A Few Days Now My Laptop Has Not Been Switching Back On From Sleep It's On Windows 11 And I Don't Know What To Do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wont-turn-on-after-sleep/afc68b6b-0315-4bf8-aa1c-06733ca4c672
  4. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  5. Screen won't turn on after going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen won't turn on after going to sleep: I am going through the Spinning up with OpenAI. As part of the initialization process, I enabled Windows Subsystem for Linux WSL. I also downloaded GeForce Experience and updated all my drivers. Things seemed to be working well, but now whenever my screen turns off, or goes...
  6. dell laptop doesn't go to sleep, screen keeps turning back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    dell laptop doesn't go to sleep, screen keeps turning back on: This issue has been frustrating me for a while now, and I'm getting really irritated because I'm sure you guys up there at Microsoft are aware of this issue but I still haven't seen any fix for it. There are many discussions here from people who have Dell laptops with the...
  7. Laptop Keeps Turning off after going to Sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop Keeps Turning off after going to Sleep: Hey everyone recently my Acer Laptop has been shutting down after I allow it to sleep for too long. As in if close the lid of my laptop, it goes to sleep like usual. But if I don't wake or use it for like 30 minutes it just turns off rather than stay in sleep. Two changes I...
  8. Laptop turns off instead of going to sleep or worse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns off instead of going to sleep or worse: Hello. Ever since one of the more recent windows updates my laptop (Lenovo) does not go to sleep when I close the lid or leave for a few minutes. It is set to 'sleep' in Settings (30 mins on battery and 60 minutes when plugged in) but if I leave for just a few minutes it...
  9. my laptop shows bsod on turning again after going into sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop shows bsod on turning again after going into sleep: hi, I have one bluetooth speaker connected to my laptop. When it goes into sleep automatically after few minutes and i turn it on back, laptop shows bsod error. I am attaching the screenshot to that. [ATTACH] And when it completes its process and reach 100%, it doesn't...
  10. Laptop keeps going to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop keeps going to sleep: I have an HP 8540 laptop. I have the power settings set to high performance and all the options to go to sleep when plugged in are set to off/no. HOWEVER, it keeps going to sleep even when things like a download is running. There r a few things like my 3D printer program...