Windows 10: laptop keeps making me sign into every website after deleting cookies and browser history

Discus and support laptop keeps making me sign into every website after deleting cookies and browser history in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello i am running windows 10 on my laptop and a few days ago i kept getting a notice to enable 2 step verifacation and i do not want that. so i was on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DanielGetchell Sr., Feb 2, 2021.

1. laptop keeps making me sign into every website after deleting cookies and browser history

hello i am running windows 10 on my laptop and a few days ago i kept getting a notice to enable 2 step verifacation and i do not want that. so i was on my laptop and also noticed my hard drive kicking on when i am not really using it....but my issue is every time i go to a site and they are always sites that i use it is acting like it is deleting my cookies and asking me to verify my accounts with either emails of txts.now i did delete my browser history and cookies a few days ago and normally that happens when you do this but even after verifying a few times it keeps going. everytime i go to a site it does it ive gone into setting and tried to check them all to see if i had changed something and they all seem to be in order im at a loss as to why it keeps happening everytime i shut down and turn back on it starts all over again....please help

:)

DanielGetchell Sr., Feb 2, 2021
  2. MrHudson Win User

Cookies -Malicious & otherwise

The list is just like in your Internet Properties, if you have Delete Browsing History on exit checked it suppose to delete unwanted cookies and keep the ones you visit the most. before you close browser you click on settings, view files, you will see list of cookies from websites you didn't visit, they are cookies from your home page of those news articles and ad's and pages you visited.
    Not sure if it works on Edge browser, IE will have a full list.

MrHudson, Feb 2, 2021
  3. CatGuyTX Win User
    Browser History won't delete

Try this method! The way to delete your browsing history is to go to your Settings, swipe left to go to the Applications. Select Internet Explorer. Scroll down to the bottom of that page. You will see the box that says "delete history" You will get the
    confirmation page "Are you sure?" then select delete. Your browser history, cookies, saved passwords, and temporary internet files will be deleted. The information that EdHans posted should also have worked for you.

With that taken care of:

• You will probably want to check; Allow cookies on my phone. This will make your browsing perform a little faster and not affect any purchasing of any apps you chose to buy.
    • Checking the "Get suggestions from Bing as I type" will bring up suggestions to what you may be looking for. I find this very beneficial when searching for something.
    • By 'Allow Internet Explorer to collect my browsing history' will make it easier for you to return to previous sites you visit.
    You can always follow the directions that I've posted to delete your history at leisure or when you choose.

I hope this answers your question and solves your problem. If so, please mark this answer as helpful and answered. Please post back if you need more assistance.

Have a great day!

CatGuyTX, Feb 2, 2021
  4. laptop keeps making me sign into every website after deleting cookies and browser history

All browsers log me off of websites

• Maybe some software (typically antiviruses to prevent tracking online) is clearing the website cookies this is why websites don’t remember you.
    Note:To keep yourself in a website signed in, the website sets a cookie that keeps you signed in. If that cookie gets deleted from your computer, you are logged out of the website.

Sidharth Chatterjee, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

laptop keeps making me sign into every website after deleting cookies and browser history

1. laptop keeps making me sign into every website after deleting cookies and browser history - Similar Threads - laptop keeps making

2. Prevent Browser History deleting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent Browser History deleting: HI,can i use gpedit to prevent the users deleting the Browser History of Chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-browser-history-deleting/47b2c82d-6c70-4cae-a960-071b5977cae1
  3. Prevent Browser History deleting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent Browser History deleting: HI,can i use gpedit to prevent the users deleting the Browser History of Chrome? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-browser-history-deleting/47b2c82d-6c70-4cae-a960-071b5977cae1
  4. Control Panel / Internet Options / Delete...: Which browsers' History/Cookies, etc. gets...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel / Internet Options / Delete...: Which browsers' History/Cookies, etc. gets...: A friend who uses an older HP laptop that's running Windows 10 use Google Chrome as her browser. She recently told me that after each online session, she goes to Control Panel / Internet Options and Deletes her browsing history and cookies. I told her that I think doing that...
  5. Control Panel / Internet Options / Delete...: Which browsers' History/Cookies, etc. gets...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Control Panel / Internet Options / Delete...: Which browsers' History/Cookies, etc. gets...: A friend who uses an older HP laptop that's running Windows 10 use Google Chrome as her browser. She recently told me that after each online session, she goes to Control Panel / Internet Options and Deletes her browsing history and cookies. I told her that I think doing that...
  6. Control Panel / Internet Options / Delete...: Which browsers' History/Cookies, etc. gets...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. All cookies and web data (except history) from my browser is deleted after every PC or...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All cookies and web data (except history) from my browser is deleted after every PC or...: I did the sfc /scannow thing but no missing file was found. This is a browser-only problem, everything's fine with my launchers like steam, spotify, discord etc. I'm using Opera GX but this happens with every browser submitted by /u/MaxVLVC [link] [comments]...
  8. delete browser history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete browser history: I want to clear my browser history but don't have the tabs the instructions say to follow https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-browser-history/a2936685-8fa9-48f6-a130-9883258484ba
  9. Deleting Cookies / password from a perticular Website

Deleting Cookies / password from a perticular Website: Hi, We have a situation where we would like to clear passwords / cookies on exit from Edge for a particular web site. Chrome has that function of 'Clear o Exit', can you pl. let me know similar function from Edge?...
  10. Deleteing browser history

Deleteing browser history: I am computer illiterate. I am trying to delete something in my browser history. Help says go to "internet options". I have no idea where to go on my computer to find the first step "internet options". Can someone help a senior citizen get through this maze?...