Windows 10: laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click

Discus and support laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hey... i've been really frustrated for the past few days. my laptop has been right clicking on it's own since a few days ago and i also noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kay_973, Dec 16, 2020.

1. kay_973 Win User

laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click

hey... i've been really frustrated for the past few days. my laptop has been right clicking on it's own since a few days ago and i also noticed that the left click works the same as the right click. it just keeps on showing the menu thing even though i don't press anything. i already tried a few solutions i found on youtube and google but it still didn't work! i tried updating and it still didn't work.... i hope someone has the solution to this since i really need it to not keep on right clicking on it's own will. THANK YOU. PLEASE HELP I WOULD BE SO GRATEFUL...

:)

kay_973, Dec 16, 2020
  2. RhinoCan Win User

Dell laptop keeps treating left-clicks as right-clicks

I am increasingly frustrated by the behaviour of my Dell laptop, which is two years old. It's a 5559 and the touchpad has *always* been flaky despite several installations of the "latest and greatest" touchpad drivers. It's gotten especially bad in the last few weeks and in almost every case, treats a normal left click as a right click. As a result, I am constantly closing context menus that I didn't want so that I can do what I actually want to do. Sometimes, it takes 3 or 4 tries before it actually treats a left-click as a left-click and not a right-click.

I've looked at my hands and they are not on the right hand side of the touchpad when I click yet the touchpad continues to behave as if I am on the bottom right corner rather than the bottom left corner.

I haven't tried a driver refresh lately because none of my previous driver updates actually accomplished anything very dramatic. Do I need to try that yet again, despite previous failures to solve the problems? How long does it usually *take* before the touchpad drivers on a laptop actually work properly? Mine have been hyper-sensitive from the start and frequently behave as if I've touched the touchpad when my hands are hovering well above it. I've gotten used to this over the past two years but this goofiness with mistaking left-clicks for right-clicks may be the straw that broke the camel's back.

I can't afford a new computer right now so I'm hoping someone here can suggest some way of getting this touchpad to work better than it is currently behaving.

RhinoCan, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click

Touchpad Left- and Right-Click Not Working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following question:

Did you log in to the system using a standard user account or an administrator user account?

In order to make changes in Device Manager you MUST be logged on as an administrator.

After logging in to the administrator Account, I would suggest you first try updating the driver.

Follow the steps to update the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Find the relevant Touchpad driver and right click on it.

• Select Properties and then go to the Driver Tab. Click Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this doesn't solve your problem, you have to uninstall and then reinstall your driver in compatibility mode.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Find the relevant Touchpad driver and right click on it.

• Select Properties and then go to the Driver Tab. Click Uninstall.

• Restart the computer and check.
    Now go to your manufacturer's website and re install the driver in compatibility mode.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click

1. laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click - Similar Threads - laptop keeps right

2. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  3. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  4. Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time: Despite no setting in the settings app, or my mice's own app, when I try to click right, it also clicks left at the same time as it's clicking right. This results in the right button being mostly rendered useless....
  5. Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right Click, clicks both left and right at the same time: Despite no setting in the settings app, or my mice's own app, when I try to click right, it also clicks left at the same time as it's clicking right. This results in the right button being mostly rendered useless....
  6. Left Click Working as Right Click

Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  7. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  8. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Left click not working while pressing right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left click not working while pressing right click: Well, I tried to play on a random FPS game, and when I try to do a scope, I press right-click, but when I click the left button on my touchpad, it doesn't work. I tried to reset the settings to their default but still, not working. anyone pls help me...
  10. Dell laptop keeps treating left-clicks as right-clicks

Dell laptop keeps treating left-clicks as right-clicks: I am increasingly frustrated by the behaviour of my Dell laptop, which is two years old. It's a 5559 and the touchpad has *always* been flaky despite several installations of the "latest and greatest" touchpad drivers. It's gotten especially bad in the last few weeks and in...