Windows 10: Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid

Discus and support Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My HP laptop keeps on shut sown while closing the lid. I am using currently windows 11 and I updated to this version " 2021-10 Cumulative Update for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LakshitKumar1, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid

My HP laptop keeps on shut sown while closing the lid. I am using currently windows 11 and I updated to this version " 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5006674" last night. Since then I am facing this issue 1. I have checked the settings and it is set to sleep option while closing the lid .2. Power plan is set to balanced still facing this issue.

:)

LakshitKumar1, Oct 14, 2021

2. Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down

Any suggestions why my windows 10 laptop shuts down when the lid is closed and also without use and the lid open it shuts down?

Dan Finger, Oct 14, 2021
  3. When close lid during shutting down, PC go into sleep.

Hello,
    I've got a problem (or a feature ? Not so sure) that when I finish my work, I shutting down my laptop, while waiting it to be shut down, I close the lid.
    The problem is when I close the lid, the laptop go into sleep mode, and when I back to work, I open the lid to press the power button and it resume the 'shut down' process.
    This hasn't happen before, any suggestion ? Many thanks Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid :)

phamthanhnhan, Oct 14, 2021
  4. Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid

Laptop does not shutdown when i click shutdown and close the lid, it sleeps instead.

Hi Gan,

This scenario happens when your Power Options is misconfigured. For us to have this isolated, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Select Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Select Power & sleep tab.
    • On the right side, click on Additional power settings.
    • On the left pane, select Choose what closing the lid does.
    • Under Power button and lid settings, click the drop down next to
      When I close the lid.
    • Select Shut down.
    • Click on Save changes button.
    • When you’re ready to make your PC shut down, close your laptop's lid.

Note: Every time that you will close the lid, your laptop will automatically shut down.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Oct 14, 2021
Thema:

Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid

1. Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps shut

2. Is it okay to close the lid of laptop during the “shutting down” screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it okay to close the lid of laptop during the “shutting down” screen?: As soon as a shut down my laptop, I close the lid, even if the “shutting down” is still on the screen. Is this okay? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-okay-to-close-the-lid-of-laptop-during-the/f5b7683c-a094-483e-ae6f-5f6966baf9e5
  3. Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid: My HP laptop keeps on shut sown while closing the lid. I am using currently windows 11 and I updated to this version " 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5006674" last night. Since then I am facing this issue 1. I have checked the settings and it...
  4. laptop shuts down when i close the lid

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop shuts down when i close the lid: my laptop is shutting downnot sleep when i close the lid which use to go hibernate about 3 days ago...facing this problem from 3 days.....checked with power options.....everything is fine there....plz help...
  5. Closing the lid of my laptop results in computer shut down

Closing the lid of my laptop results in computer shut down: Hi to the forumThe last few days my laptop started to behave abnormally. Whenever I try to lower or even touch the angle of the lid when open it immediately starts shutting down! My power settings have been forever set so that closing the lid would put the laptop in sleep...
  6. Keep monitor on while laptop lid is closed.

Keep monitor on while laptop lid is closed.: Hello I have an Acer Swift 5 laptop connected to an HP monitor through HDMI to Vga connecting cable. Whenever I close the lid of my laptop the duplicated display on the monitor vanishes. I have tried the option mentioned below. But still, I am facing the same problem....
  7. Laptop shuts down with lid closed despite settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop shuts down with lid closed despite settings: The other day, my work laptop insisted on installing some huge update. Now, DESPITE all of the Power Settings and What To Do When Lid Is Closed Settings clearly stating otherwise, my machine seemingly insists upon shutting down - rather than going to sleep - upon shutting the...
  8. Shut Down when closing the lid

Shut Down when closing the lid: I have set my Win 10 computer's Power Options in the Control Panel to shut down when I close the lid. However I have noticed that after the screen is locked after ten minutes of no activity it does not shut down when I close the lid, it just stays in the locked screen...
  9. Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid

Laptop shuts down when in hibernation or closing lid: About a week ago my laptop had a change or hard drive. When I got it back, the screen went blank after being put on sleep mode, but I still could see and use the mouse. I rolled back the display driver and now it won’t project image through hdmi, and whenever I put it on...
  10. Closing the lid shuts down the system

Closing the lid shuts down the system: I use a Dell Precision 5510 with windows 10 pro version 1909 with latest updates installed. I have been facing an issue since a month where when I close the lid of the laptop, the pc shuts down despite of the power settings set to 'go to sleep' when the 'lid is closed'....