Windows 10: Laptop keeps restarting while I’m in remote access

Discus and support Laptop keeps restarting while I’m in remote access in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I’m trying to work from home by using vmware horizon client to remote access onto my work computer. My home computer works fine for nonremote use, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mo_riahB, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Mo_riahB Win User

Laptop keeps restarting while I’m in remote access

I’m trying to work from home by using vmware horizon client to remote access onto my work computer. My home computer works fine for nonremote use, but a blue error screen pops up and restarts my laptop after only a few minutes of using the vmware for remote access. I do not get any warning that it is going to restart. It does say the stop code is: System thread extension not handled. And whats failed is: nvlddmkm.sys
    Ive seen that other Dell users encounter simillar issues. Most of the programs work just fine, and it seems to only restart when i try using IE.

:)

Mo_riahB, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

hijacked via remote network access

Sounds like you are the recipient of stolen goods. All of our work laptops have this feature where it locks the BIOS and hard disk remotely if stolen, misplaced, or after a certain number of failed access attempts to the data on the disk without the TPM key.

I would suggest returning it to wherever you bought or got it.

Steevo, Jul 5, 2020
  3. kjimison Win User
    My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it.

My laptop will restart itself while I am on it. It’s not a blue screen, it just glitches to black and then restarts to my lock screen. This will happen at least once a day but has been happening more frequently. It’s not from overheating, I have changed
    my settings to not shut down due to system failure, and I don’t know what is wrong with it. My disk is at 100% which is why it runs slowly but I’m not sure if it is related to my restarting issue. I don’t know anything about computers but I need this problem
    to stop because I use my laptop for school. Please help, I have tried so many things over the course of the past couple weeks and it just keeps getting worse.

kjimison, Jul 5, 2020
  4. bachware Win User

Can't access remote laptop desktop

I have a big tower computer with an ASUS mobo, and an ASUS U50f laptop, both machines running Win 10 Creators Pro, and successfully private-networked together wirelessly via a Linksys E1200 modem. I can run remote desktop on the laptop to access & use the tower, but not access the laptop via remote desktop from the tower, even though its Explorer shows the files & folders on the laptop, so networking is going between them. I think I have all the remote desktop settings right on both machines. There seems to be something obscure mis-set on the laptop that's blocking remote desktop from the tower. I see the right rules and turn-ons for address 3386 in the laptop's firewall. Suggestions? Thanks!

bachware, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Laptop keeps restarting while I’m in remote access - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps restarting

2. laptop keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop keeps restarting: I got a page fault in non paged area and cannot fix it because I cannot remember my password to get into BIOS. Now my laptop keeps restarting as I tried to reinstall windows. Is there any help now for me?...
  3. Laptop and remote access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop and remote access: HiI was having problems last night trying to access a vpn account and my internet provider blocked me from getting on the site. Anyway after speaking to them I was suddenly able to download the vpn. Then this morning I accessed my laptop firstly I couldn’t get on the internet...
  4. Laptop and remote access

Laptop and remote access: HiI was having problems last night trying to access a vpn account and my internet provider blocked me from getting on the site. Anyway after speaking to them I was suddenly able to download the vpn. Then this morning I accessed my laptop firstly I couldn’t get on the internet...
  5. Laptop keeps restarting while downloading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps restarting while downloading Windows 10: i got a brand new laptop from hp a 2020 model so i wanted to download windows 10 on it, but whenever i try to it keeps restarting after completing the download, it says "windows will now restart to complete installation" but after it restarts it starts from the beginning all...
  6. Laptop keeps restarting while downloading Windows 10

Laptop keeps restarting while downloading Windows 10: i got a brand new laptop from hp a 2020 model so i wanted to download windows 10 on it, but whenever i try to it keeps restarting after completing the download, it says "windows will now restart to complete installation" but after it restarts it starts from the beginning all...
  7. Laptop keeps restarting while downloading Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Laptop keeps restarting while in "sleep" mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop keeps restarting while in "sleep" mode: Laptop keeps restarting while in "sleep" mode.I'll close my laptop to put it to sleep while I go do something / overnightand when I open it back up, it has restarted and closed everything.The battery did not died, for reference/contextLuckily most things auto-save. Except...
  9. My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop frequently restarts itself while I’m on it.: My laptop will restart itself while I am on it. It’s not a blue screen, it just glitches to black and then restarts to my lock screen. This will happen at least once a day but has been happening more frequently. It’s not from overheating, I have changed my settings to not...
  10. Laptop Keeps Restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Keeps Restarting: After a Few Minutes of Being on My Laptop I get a screen that says PC error and needs to restart, which it does. Something about a Stopcode. However it Keeps Doing This. How can I Fix It From Happening. Also I have a 3 in Black Horizontal line near the Top Left Corner of...