Windows 10: Laptop Keeps Shutting Down at Login Screen

Discus and support Laptop Keeps Shutting Down at Login Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I need some help fixing a shut down issue with an old laptop of mine HP pavilion g series 7. Every time I start up the laptop and get to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JasmineOranges, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Laptop Keeps Shutting Down at Login Screen

Hello,

I need some help fixing a shut down issue with an old laptop of mine HP pavilion g series 7. Every time I start up the laptop and get to the login screen where I am supposed to enter my password, the laptop just completely shuts down as if you held down the power button.

I reinstalled Windows 10 from a USB stick and believe the problem to be a windows update, however I am unsure which update it is. This started to happen a few days ago February 17??. Sometimes I would log in fine and then I get a notification that Windows supposedly "removed some recently installed updates to recover your device from a startup failure". However, hours later the shut down issue would happen again.

One more thing, when the laptop is in safe mode, it is working completely fine without any shut down issues, I can also use the network too. I would preferably not stay in safe mode though.

Can someone help me with this please?

:)

JasmineOranges, Feb 20, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 20, 2020
  3. Laptop loads to Windows 10 logo then blue screen and shuts off

shadowthefire,

What brand/model laptop is this?

Try the following:

Step 1: Make sure the computer is shut down, and press the Power Button to turn the computer on.

Step 2: As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off again.

Step 3: Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the following on the screen: Preparing Automatic Repair
    Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.

Step 4: The next screen (blue) goes to: Choose Account to continue
    Select your account, enter your Password, and press: Continue

Step 5: A Diagnosing your PC screen appears, and it takes you to the screen for: Automatic Repair

Step 6: Here you can click Restart, or, Advanced Options
    Step 6.1: Select: Restart

Allow the computer to go through the routine, and see if it solves the issue.

If the problem still exists, go back to Step 1 through Step 6.

Step 6.2: This time, click: Advanced Options

Step 7: In the Choose an Option screen, select: Troubleshoot

Step 8: At the next screen, select: Advanced Options

Step 9: Last, select: Startup Repair (Used for problems that keep Windows 10 from loading)

Please provide an update.

cottonball, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Laptop Keeps Shutting Down at Login Screen

Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Laptop Keeps Shutting Down at Login Screen

1. Laptop Keeps Shutting Down at Login Screen - Similar Threads - Laptop Keeps Shutting

2. Dell laptop keeps shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell laptop keeps shutting down randomly: Hi, my laptop has been shutting down randomly mostly when im playing games, im not really sure of the reason thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-keeps-shutting-down-randomly/e16a9d53-8664-4740-bc3c-65d2a69160c1
  3. Dell laptop keeps shutting down randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dell laptop keeps shutting down randomly: Hi, my laptop has been shutting down randomly mostly when im playing games, im not really sure of the reason thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-laptop-keeps-shutting-down-randomly/e16a9d53-8664-4740-bc3c-65d2a69160c1
  4. My laptop keeps shutting down on it’s own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting down on it’s own: My laptop keeps locking randomly and i tried setting power and sleep to never and it still locks down by itself so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-shutting-down-on-its-own/493765f9-9b63-4fe1-9512-72372186b4a0
  5. My laptop keeps shutting down on it’s own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps shutting down on it’s own: My laptop keeps locking randomly and i tried setting power and sleep to never and it still locks down by itself so please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keeps-shutting-down-on-its-own/493765f9-9b63-4fe1-9512-72372186b4a0
  6. laptop keeps shutting itself down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop keeps shutting itself down?: i have windows 10 my laptop shuts down by itself all the time, but ive noticed 2 patterns in this 1st one is that it shuts itself down immediatly after it goes into low power mode yknow like when its below 20% or whenever it goes into low power mode, ir doesnt even give me...
  7. Older laptop keeps shutting down.

in Windows 10 Support
    Older laptop keeps shutting down.: Hi guys, I'm looking for help on getting an older laptop working. I'm donating this laptop for kids who need devices to do remote learning. Basically, I have a Lenovo G50-45 Type 80E3. Here are the specs: CPU: AMD A6-6310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics 1.80 GHz RAM: 4 GB...
  8. HP laptop keeps shutting down by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP laptop keeps shutting down by itself: My HP Pavilion x360 Convertible randomly shuts down by itself and now says "no battery is detected". I've got an online test coming up so please help me with what I can do to fix this. Thank you...
  9. Laptop keeps shutting down during sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop keeps shutting down during sleep: My laptop keeps shutting down randomly during sleep. When it turns back on I get this message: "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata." I looked in the event viewer to the entry before the last shutdown and it says: "Connectivity...
  10. Keeps Shutting Down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keeps Shutting Down: Hi, For about 3 days my laptop keeps shutting down on it;s own. I have tried several ways to stop it: REGEDIT Windows Defenders Scans Antivirus Scans (McAfee) and Microsoft Safety Scanner None of them have founds anything in the system. How can I fix this problem?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 keeps shutting down at login

2. Windows 10 shuts down at login screen

3. hp laptop shutdown after welcome screen

4. laptop turns off at login,
  5. Pc shutdown instantly before windows reaching log in ,
  6. windows automatically shutting down when in login,
  7. laptop keeps shuts down at login screen,
  8. screen shits iff after log in,
  9. computer shutting down in login screen,
  10. press enter for password laptop shuts down