Windows 10: Laptop keeps shutting down while installing game

Discus and support Laptop keeps shutting down while installing game in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello So whenever I try to install a game from Steam or Epic Games, my laptop after 10-15 mins being idle, shuts down completely. It was completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Cheetah1020, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Laptop keeps shutting down while installing game

Hello

So whenever I try to install a game from Steam or Epic Games, my laptop after 10-15 mins being idle, shuts down completely. It was completely fine before but now it has started to appear and won't seem to go away. I have done all the methods like changing sleep settings and updating the drivers but none seem to work. This only happens while installing a game otherwise it's fine. I also tried to clean my fan but that also failed and almost gave up. I don't wanna lose hope so if anyone could help me and give a solution, I would be grateful.

Regards

CB

:)

Cheetah1020, Feb 20, 2021

2. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Nexaddo Win User
    MSI GT783R laptop shuts down when playing games

hi everone.

for the past week my MSI GT783R gaming laptop have been shutting down when playing games.
    after starting a game within a minute or 2, the laptop will shut itself off without warning, then start-up again.
    after that it usually shuts off again mid-boot or just after it loaded windows.

a few things i have noticed and tried:
    1) it only happens when the AC charger is plugged in, both when battery is hooked to the laptop or not.
    2) GPU and CPU temps are below 80c when the shut down happens
    3) i already suspected an overheating issue, opened up the laptop, cleaned both CPU and GPU and their heatsinks + fan and applied new thermal paste (Arctic MX-4).
    4) tried using a different AC charger, from my brothers GT780DXR laptop.
    5) i formatted my pc and did a clean windows 7 64-bit install.

despite all of the steps above the issue yet remains.
    i scoured google for the past week with no luck.

please help me!

thanks in advance

Nexaddo, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Laptop keeps shutting down while installing game

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Laptop keeps shutting down while installing game

1. Laptop keeps shutting down while installing game - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps shutting

2. My laptop keeps shutting down while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting down while gaming: Hello, I have an ROG Strix. I've had it for about 1 year and I never had an issue; however, recently, whenever I am playing certain games Victoria 3 and BG3 my computer shuts off without warning nor error message. I thought it might be a graphics card driver issue since mine...
  3. My laptop keeps shutting down while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps shutting down while gaming: Hello, I have an ROG Strix. I've had it for about 1 year and I never had an issue; however, recently, whenever I am playing certain games Victoria 3 and BG3 my computer shuts off without warning nor error message. I thought it might be a graphics card driver issue since mine...
  4. PC keeps shutting down by itself while playing a game

PC keeps shutting down by itself while playing a game: please help me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down-by-itself-while-playing-a/f21789f0-a1e1-4a65-8ee8-ad282cd5227d
  5. PC keeps shutting down by itself while playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps shutting down by itself while playing a game: please help me what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-keeps-shutting-down-by-itself-while-playing-a/f21789f0-a1e1-4a65-8ee8-ad282cd5227d
  6. Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid: My HP laptop keeps on shut sown while closing the lid. I am using currently windows 11 and I updated to this version " 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5006674" last night. Since then I am facing this issue 1. I have checked the settings and it...
  7. Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid

Laptop keeps on shut down while closing the lid: My HP laptop keeps on shut sown while closing the lid. I am using currently windows 11 and I updated to this version " 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5006674" last night. Since then I am facing this issue 1. I have checked the settings and it...
  8. Laptop keeps shutting down while installing windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop keeps shutting down while installing windows 10: My laptop's specifications are as follows -Intel Core Cetrino Duo processor T75002.2GHz, T7700 2.4 GHz4 MB L2 cache, 800 MHz front-side bus2 GB Ram LPDDR264 Bit Operating System 120 GB Storage HDDI am facing the following Problems during Installation - After Installation from...
  9. Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keep shutting down randomly while games run: For some reason starting two nights ago 6/13/2020 I ran into an issue where any time I booted a game and played it, my computer would suddenly shut down. The time period between boot and shutoff is completely inconsistent, and reinstalling my graphics card drivers seem to not...
  10. My system keeps shutting down while gaming ..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My system keeps shutting down while gaming ..: So whenever i play games on my laptop my laptop shuts down unexpectedly ... what is happening? i have tied reinstalling windows and it doesn't work Log Name: System Source: EventLog Date: 15-04-2020 19:41:22 Event ID: 6008 Task Category: None...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop shutting down while installing game

2. laptop shutting down when installing game