Windows 10: Laptop keeps shutting off since Windows update overnight, (1/04/19)!!

Discus and support Laptop keeps shutting off since Windows update overnight, (1/04/19)!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone & Happy New Year! Since the Windows 10 auto-update overnight, my laptop keeps returning to the login screen every 1-3 minutes...even if I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DogPal, Jan 4, 2019.

1. DogPal Win User

Laptop keeps shutting off since Windows update overnight, (1/04/19)!!

Hi Everyone & Happy New Year!
    Since the Windows 10 auto-update overnight, my laptop keeps returning to the login screen every 1-3 minutes...even if I'm watching live streaming video!
    I have to keep signing in & I have to know what setting I can correct so this stops happening before I go nuts! *Tongue Out
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
    *Smile

:)

DogPal, Jan 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 shuts down overnight

I tried that and it hasn't helped. Thanks for the suggestion. Wondering if there's a setting that would deny the laptop shutting down unless I actively select 'shutdown'. It never used to shut down overnight for all the months I've had this computer and
    only started in a past several days.

bamboo enso, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Louie Del Win User
    My laptop keeps shutting down after 30sec

Hi Andie,

To help us figure out what can cause your laptop to shut down after 30 seconds and the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent updates on your device?
    • When you said “to bring up Microsoft desk”, are you pertaining to your Microsoft account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Jan 4, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Laptop keeps shutting off since Windows update overnight, (1/04/19)!! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop keeps shutting off since Windows update overnight, (1/04/19)!! - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps shutting

2. Laptop keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps randomly shutting off: Hello, so I have a Acer Predator Helios 300. Starting 30-40 minutes ago the battery stopped charging even though it was plugged in. It would say 83% remaining but the lightning icon was still there. Anyways after that it randomly shut down and I turned it back on. However, a...
  3. Laptop keeps randomly shutting off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps randomly shutting off: Hello, so I have a Acer Predator Helios 300. Starting 30-40 minutes ago the battery stopped charging even though it was plugged in. It would say 83% remaining but the lightning icon was still there. Anyways after that it randomly shut down and I turned it back on. However, a...
  4. Since update windows keeps turning off the computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Since update windows keeps turning off the computer: Since the latest update was pushed to my computer Windows has changed the power policy to shutdown the pc after a period of inactivity. I do not want this behavior and have turned off any reference to shutting down or sleeping or hibernating in windows power. It still does...
  5. Windows keeps shutting itself down overnight

Windows keeps shutting itself down overnight: I am having an issue whereby my PC is consistently shutting itself down overnight without my permission, I believe the source of the problem is the PC attempting unsuccessfully to install Windows Updates. I can see from my'Windows Update settings' utility that some updates...
  6. My laptop keeps shutting itself off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keeps shutting itself off: My laptop is a Hewlett Packard 14s-dp1504na. This seems like a serious problem. If I leave my laptop for any length of time it just turns itself off. An example of this was when I turned the laptop over to read the model as written on the bottom, so that I could include the...
  7. Laptop was shut off during an update

Laptop was shut off during an update: Hello all, My laptop was accidently shut off during an update and it seems to have caused some significant damage. Im not too tech-saavy so please be patient with my attempts to explain what I have done to attempt to fix the issue. -Wont allow me to reset/restore PC...
  8. 1809 04-19 update

1809 04-19 update: Has anyone had a problem with this update, moving all your documents under user, reloading software previously uninstalled and setting the start page like a brand new computer? It has been a challenge to get my computer back the way I like and use it. How do I move...
  9. Windows Update Fails since Feb 04 2018

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Fails since Feb 04 2018: In the queue are KB4074595, KB4088785, KB4074588, KB4093110, and KB4093112. Troubleshooter alternately states there are updates pending and asks me to install or finishes with all areas check green. Does not show error I can see, just states it could not finish...
  10. Updating since 08/19/16

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating since 08/19/16: I have not used my Win 10 Laptopn since August 19, 2016 and coincidentally have a Paragon Backup of the computer on that date. Today, I fired it up and of course wound up with a update. After the update cycle Winver shows version 15111 O S build 10586.494. Does that sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc did windows update and since then pc keeps shutting down