Windows 10: Laptop keeps shutting off since Windows update overnight, (1/04/19)!!

Discus and support Laptop keeps shutting off since Windows update overnight, (1/04/19)!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Everyone & Happy New Year! Since the Windows 10 auto-update overnight, my laptop keeps returning to the login screen every 1-3 minutes...even if I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DogPal, Jan 4, 2019.

1. DogPal Win User

Laptop keeps shutting off since Windows update overnight, (1/04/19)!!

Hi Everyone & Happy New Year!
    Since the Windows 10 auto-update overnight, my laptop keeps returning to the login screen every 1-3 minutes...even if I'm watching live streaming video!
    I have to keep signing in & I have to know what setting I can correct so this stops happening before I go nuts! *Tongue Out
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
    *Smile

:)

DogPal, Jan 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 shuts down overnight

I tried that and it hasn't helped. Thanks for the suggestion. Wondering if there's a setting that would deny the laptop shutting down unless I actively select 'shutdown'. It never used to shut down overnight for all the months I've had this computer and
    only started in a past several days.

bamboo enso, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Louie Del Win User
    My laptop keeps shutting down after 30sec

Hi Andie,

To help us figure out what can cause your laptop to shut down after 30 seconds and the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we’d like to clarify the following:

• Have you made any recent updates on your device?
    • When you said “to bring up Microsoft desk”, are you pertaining to your Microsoft account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Louie Del, Jan 4, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Laptop keeps shutting off since Windows update overnight, (1/04/19)!! :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Laptop keeps shutting off since Windows update overnight, (1/04/19)!! - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps shutting

2. After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After recent update, laptop keeps shutting down: after installing the latest update, my laptop wont stay powered on. Most of the time i power it up and it turns off after a few seconds. Sometimes it will show the MSI logo and go a little further, but it still powers off. It made it to the “windows is installing...
  3. Windows 10 shuts down overnight

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shuts down overnight: My computer has started shutting down every night, sometime in the middle of the night. This has been going on for several days. My documents and browser windows get closed and that's not okay. Did a recent update start causing this unwelcome behavior? It's annoying and I...
  4. Computer keeps shutting off unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps shutting off unexpectedly: Hello. I am having a problem with my Windows 10 Home 64-bit computer, every few often my computer would shut off without warning (like if the power cable was pulled out). So i had gone to the windows event viewer and there was a Critical Kernel-Power 41 (63) error. Can...
  5. After update laptop keeps turning off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After update laptop keeps turning off: After the latest update my Asus laptop keeps on shutting down. The issue occurs even if the laptop is fully charged. It turns off without any warning message while I am working and it is really annoying....
  6. shutting off my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    shutting off my laptop: I left click on the icon and choose shut down but it won't shut down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/shutting-off-my-laptop/2b81c875-c80b-4541-a41e-97cc8767d646"
  7. Windows Update Fails since Feb 04 2018

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Fails since Feb 04 2018: In the queue are KB4074595, KB4088785, KB4074588, KB4093110, and KB4093112. Troubleshooter alternately states there are updates pending and asks me to install or finishes with all areas check green. Does not show error I can see, just states it could not finish...
  8. Updating since 08/19/16

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating since 08/19/16: I have not used my Win 10 Laptopn since August 19, 2016 and coincidentally have a Paragon Backup of the computer on that date. Today, I fired it up and of course wound up with a update. After the update cycle Winver shows version 15111 O S build 10586.494. Does that sound...
  9. Wifi keeps shutting off on its own

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps shutting off on its own: Recently had to upgrade from Windows 7 to 10. I network connections I set the wifi network to always connect. However of the computer is shut down or goes into sleep mode the wifi shuts down. I have set the network card to not shut off to save power. Our pc is a desktop and...
  10. Laptop Refuses to Shut Off

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Refuses to Shut Off: I have a 5 month new Dell XPS 13 laptop, running Windows 10, 64 bit. It has been running perfectly fine until the other day when I noticed the unit couldn't be turned off as it usually does. I hit the Power Off button, but instead of shutting down it restarts as if I hit...