Windows 10: Laptop keeps turning on by itself

Discus and support Laptop keeps turning on by itself in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a toshiba satellite c55d, and ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my laptop keeps turning on by itself every 3-4 hours whenever I close to lid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kta24, Mar 10, 2016.

1. kta24 Win User

Laptop keeps turning on by itself

I have a toshiba satellite c55d, and ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my laptop keeps turning on by itself every 3-4 hours whenever I close to lid for it to go to sleep mode. I checked everything and everything came out fine. My bios setting was correct as well. Only thing I found was it said "critical battery level", but I always have my battery out and laptop plugged in directly. I tried putting the battery in and not charging and same thing happens. I am not sure what to do anymore. Any help will be great. Thanks

:)

kta24, Mar 10, 2016

2. Toshiba laptop keeps turning off by itself after Windows 10 update

Hi Monsieur,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Power troubleshooter.

• PressWindows + X key.

• SelectControl panel.

• In the search box, typeTroubleshooter
      and then clickTroubleshooting.

• UnderSystem and Security,

• Click on Power and Click on Next button.

Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, please follow the below method and check if there is any third party application causing the issue.

Method 2: Clean Boot

Please go through the below article and follow the procedure to perform a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/331796

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Mar 10, 2016
  3. Toshiba laptop keeps turning off by itself after Windows 10 update

My kids have identical Toshiba Satellite S55-B5258 15.6" laptops and we updated both to Windows 10 a few days ago: One of them turns itself off when not in use for a few hours

Any ideas anyone?

MonsieurGD, Mar 10, 2016
  4. Morepork Win User

Not sure if it helps, but my laptop does exactly the same. (At least you are not alone... *chuckle) I have mine hibernate when I close the lid and it behaves just as you describe. I think it does this by design. If it worries you, try actually closing it down (switching it off). Because Win 10 boots quicker than most previous versions, this is not as big a deal as it once was.

Morepork, Mar 10, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, sorry, doubt if anyone will answer this particular thread, as the issue of sleep mode has been discussed so many many times here, whether it be waking up during the night or going to sleep after 3 minutes.

Please feel free to search the forum for 'sleep' 'waking up' and so on, and if none of those many threads help you please post back with what you've tried.

Please use the search box at the top.

Here's one I found for you:
    computer wakes from sleep at night time - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Laptop keeps turning on by itself - Similar Threads - Laptop keeps turning

2. Laptop turning itself on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turning itself on: HelloI have upgraded my laptop from Win10 to Win11. After a few weeks, I noticed that the laptop will turn itself on whenever I closed the lid and would not go to sleep as per the power setting. I tried resetting the power configuration to default and it is still doing the...
  3. Laptop turning itself on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turning itself on: HelloI have upgraded my laptop from Win10 to Win11. After a few weeks, I noticed that the laptop will turn itself on whenever I closed the lid and would not go to sleep as per the power setting. I tried resetting the power configuration to default and it is still doing the...
  4. My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.: I have followed the steps suggested by others regarding why my computer keeps turning itself back on after I turn it of...and have had no success in making it stop. Anything else I can try? The only way I can keep it off is to push the power button which sometimes causes...
  5. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  6. Screensaver keeps turning itself off.

Screensaver keeps turning itself off.: I don't like having to turn off my monitor. My screensaver is turning off for some reason. Can I get some help? Windows version 10 pro version 1903 OS build 18362.959 160954
  7. Hotstop keeps turning itself off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotstop keeps turning itself off: Hello, i have an add-in network card that provides Bluetooth and Wi-Fi broadcasting to my desktop PC. My problem is that the hotstop keeps turning itself off, plus i found no way to turn it on automatically whenever i log into my PC AND no way to keep it on permanently. I'm...
  8. volume keeps turning down by itself

in Windows 10 Customization
    volume keeps turning down by itself: I’ve been having this issue since last week and I really don’t understand how it started. Currently when I press any key on the keyboard and move the mouse, the volume turns down by itself. I tried to fix it myself using troubleshooting, then I ran virus scan and adjusted the...
  9. Computer keeps turning itself on and off

Computer keeps turning itself on and off: I am very frustrated with Microsoft and the Edge from 10. my COMPUTER KEEPS TURNING ITSELF ON AND OFF FOR NO REASON AND IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! HOW DO I FIX THIS PROBLEM I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND IT DOES NOT HELP THE PROBLEM. * Moved from MSN?Accounts...
  10. Laptop Turning itself "off"

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Turning itself "off": I am running Win 10 on a laptop. I have changed all the power settings to "NEVER" for everything. The laptop is on AC (not battery). No power outages. But when I come back after being away from the laptop for an hour or so. It is in sleep mode (I think) - I have to turn...