Windows 10: Laptop key is dead but it keeps pressing itself

Discus and support Laptop key is dead but it keeps pressing itself in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, my 'a' key on my laptop keyboard has died. I then crack open the key to see if there is any dust. There was no dust, so I then ordered an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Phawat Suksiriwan, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Laptop key is dead but it keeps pressing itself

Recently, my 'a' key on my laptop keyboard has died. I then crack open the key to see if there is any dust. There was no dust, so I then ordered an external keyboard to fix the issue but then my 'a' key starts to press itself continuously and very fast. Can someone help me?

:)

Phawat Suksiriwan, Jul 31, 2020
  2. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Laptop key is dead but it keeps pressing itself

Shift Key and Number key cannot be pressed at the same time.

Hello,

There are several factors why you are unable to use the shortcut keys function such as keyboard settings, or if there is an issue with the keyboard itself. To help you resolve this, kindly try the following suggestions:

• You might have selected an input language other than English. To work around with this, go to
      Control Panel > Region and Language and check. You can also check if your keyboard has a language selection available that may need to be changed.
    • We suggest as well that you reset the keyboard layout by reinstalling the language and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows+R keys and type intl.cpl. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Administrative tab and click on
      Change system locale
      button.
    • Select the correct language and country from the drop-down box.
    • Navigate to the location tab and check if region settings are appropriate.
    • Apply the changes and Windows will require a reboot.

Inform us for any updates regarding the issue so we can assist you further.

Regene Jos, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Laptop key is dead but it keeps pressing itself

1. Laptop key is dead but it keeps pressing itself - Similar Threads - Laptop key dead

2. key '6' pressing by itself and can log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    key '6' pressing by itself and can log in: 3 days ago the has been a spill on my laptop.all of the keyboard does not work besides number 6 and its pressing constantly. I have an usb keyboard but I can't write anything because of the constan stream of 6.I want to log in to uninstall the keyboard function so I dont have...
  3. key '6' pressing by itself and can log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    key '6' pressing by itself and can log in: 3 days ago the has been a spill on my laptop.all of the keyboard does not work besides number 6 and its pressing constantly. I have an usb keyboard but I can't write anything because of the constan stream of 6.I want to log in to uninstall the keyboard function so I dont have...
  4. My windows key keep pressing by itself.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows key keep pressing by itself.: Hi , My windows key button keeps pressing on its own, it just started suddenly yesterday I thought it was hardware issue so I cleaned it but the result was still the same , it is like as if it is constantly pressed. I've tried to update my keyboard driver , I have uninstalled...
  5. My windows key keep pressing by itself.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows key keep pressing by itself.: Hi , My windows key button keeps pressing on its own, it just started suddenly yesterday I thought it was hardware issue so I cleaned it but the result was still the same , it is like as if it is constantly pressed. I've tried to update my keyboard driver , I have uninstalled...
  6. My windows key keep pressing by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop keyboard key auto presses itself, without physical stimulus.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop keyboard key auto presses itself, without physical stimulus.: Laptop - Lenovo ideapad 320 The "Previous Track button", on the built-in keyboard on my laptop keeps pressing itself, and I can't play any videos because of it. Here is a list of constraints I am suffering. I can't install any third-party software to disable that key. I...
  8. Windows key pressing itself. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows key pressing itself. Help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/h8t3m3 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ilcbkb/windows_key_pressing_itself_help/
  9. Dead keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dead keys: Windows 10 Home 1809 If I type a double quote " or a single quote ' or a carat ^ or a tilde ~ I need to touch another keyboard character after before it registers on screen. I know this behavior is call 'dead keys'. So, I search and find instructions to defeat the behavior....
  10. Laptop keeps turning on by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop keeps turning on by itself: I have a toshiba satellite c55d, and ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my laptop keeps turning on by itself every 3-4 hours whenever I close to lid for it to go to sleep mode. I checked everything and everything came out fine. My bios setting was correct as well. Only thing...